A Mermaid Out Of Water

BY HOOK OR BY CROOK (EDITING)

 

“Dolphin.” She uttered. ‘Finally.’

Junsu stood the moment he saw her. It had been a while since he last saw his mermaid.

“Hi.” He smiled but it didn’t reached his eye and that made her puzzled.

“Sit down.” She said and sat beside him.

And there was a long silence and awkwardness. No one had the courage to say a single word.

‘How are you? ’Junsu said under his nose.

‘I miss you dolphin.’ She secretly said. ‘Are you still thinking about me?’

‘You are all I’m thinking about.’

“So.” Sakura faced him trying not to sound too excited. “H-how are you?”

“Fine.” He simply said.

She smiled and looked away. They were both tongue-tied. Saki felt that the person beside her was not Junsu at all.

“I came here to fulfill my promise.”

She frowned. She couldn’t remember anything that he promised.

“Here.” He handed her a ticket.

“What’s this?”

“Arashi will hold their exclusive concert here so I got you a ticket.” He said looking down. How he wish that someday, Saki will watch one of their performance.

In normal situations, she could have screamed her lungs out in joy but that time, those tickets had no appeal to her at all.

Her response made one of his eyebrow rose.

“Aren’t you happy?” he asked. “Those are golden tickets. Only a hundred people can have that.” There was a little sarcasm on his voice.

She shook her head and smiled. “Of course I’m happy. Thank you.” she said, almost a whisper. It was so hard for her to speak. She suddenly felt a lump on and Junsu’s coldness made her feel uncomfortable.

“I’m glad you like them.” He then stood.

“Where are you going?” she stood also, following him. He was there for only five minutes.

“I have to meet someone. I just want you to have that ticket. Hope you’ll enjoy. Bye.” And just like that, he left.

Sakura froze. It was new to her. Junsu exited without even looking at her. She wanted to call him back but her feet were stuck on the floor. She looked at the ticket on her hand. He was right, it was a to-die –for ticket but she’s far from being happy. She wanted to say that she would rather spend that day with him than to be with some kind of Japanese boyband. But she failed and her heart felt like a candle melting her strength away.

 

She silently went up to her room and locked the door. She then poured all her emotions on her pillow. She never thought that falling in love would be that hard. Junsu tried everything to please her and she just took it all for granted. And when she finally fell, Junsu was no longer there to catch her. She can’t take his coldness and aloofness. He seemed so near and yet so far.

 

“What?” Rei said after Saki showed her the ticket. “Junsu Oppa bought you that ticket?”

She nodded. They were seated at the side of the Ramen house, Rei, whose baby bump was getting bigger and bigger, visited her during her break time.

“Arashi. I used to love them too.” She smiled, remembering their old days in Japan. “But I can’t watch because it’s the same day with DBSK mini concert. Chunnie wants me to be there.”

“What, DBSK mini concert?”

“Ah huh.”

“Y-you mean… it’s on the same date?”

“Yes.”

Sakura scratched her head and frowned. The two concerts will be held at the same date. She was suddenly in dilemma.

 

“Whoah?” Changmin couldn’t believe what he just heard from Junsu. "You gave her a ticket for Arashi?”

“What’s wrong with that?” Junsu hissed at him.

“Hyung, we have a mini concert that day.”

“Seriously?” Junsu’s eyes suddenly widened. He totally forgot about their mini concert.

“Yunho hyung will kill you for it. He was planning to invite Sakura.”

“She wouldn’t come anyway.” He sadly looked away.

“How can you say that?”

He then busied himself by arranging the stacks of books on his table. He doesn’t usually do that, but it was different that time.

“Hyung?” Changmin called him.

“Sakura loves Arashi so much that she wouldn’t exchange them for anything.”

“And you are that sure?”

“Look, she turned me down for Yunho.”

The maknae suddenly frowned. What his hyung said was not even part of the Arashi-DBSK-same-day-concert-thing.

“You gave her the ticket. Is it because you don't want her to watch Yunho hyung?” he suddenly became suspicious. Junsu can be brutal sometimes.

“It never crossed my mind.” Junsu smirked.

He actually regretted that he gave the ticket to Sakura. It was too late when he found out about the date. Of course he wanted Sakura to see them perform and hear them sing. He badly wanted to sing to her the songs he composed in Japan. But he was disappointed when she suddenly decided to stop seeing him. He was hurt. He thought that their friendship was going to a higher level but Sakura slammed his heart on the floor, big time. What made it worst it that she agreed to date his hyung and the super junior maknae. He didn’t find it fair. She was dating two guys, and it pissed him off. He just wanted her to be with him. Sakura being with other guys made his blood reach the boiling point. His relationship to Yunho also changed. They seldom talk or greet each other. They were so warm on stage but cold as ice at home. He believed that he was backfired by his hyung and he couldn’t accept it. He was also having problem sleeping. He always see Sakura when he opens his eyes every morning and when he close his eyes during the night and even in his dream. He found it ridiculous but that was the truth. He was so in love with her in spite of what she did.

‘That mermaid made me lose my head!’ his mind screamed out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The day of the concert.

Sakura went to a supermarket before she headed to Rei’s house.

“You have to help me make Sakuramochi.”

“Sakuramochi?” Rei grimaced. She was at the kitchen baking some cupcakes for the DBSK after the mini concert.

“Yes.” She nodded excitedly.

“You are impossible. Where can we find Sakura leaves in Korea?”

Saki then waved her paper bag in front of Rei. “I have some.”

“Really?” she said. “Where did you get them?”

“At a Japanese specialty store.”

“Hmm… a present?”

“Yah.”

“Why don't you make them yourself?” Rei said as she put the cupcake mixture on the rack.

“I can’t, you know that I’m not into cooking.”

“Wait, why do you want to make this mochi all of a sudden?” she was starting to get suspicious. “Don't tell me…?”

“Yes… I will give them as a gift to Arashi.”

Rei frowned with what she said. She was expecting a different answer but she didn’t had it.

“Okay… I will teach you how to make mochi but you have to do it by yourself.”

“Mimi?” she protested…

“Take it or leave it.”

“Take it.” She hissed.

That was a quite busy day for the bestfriends. Finding Sakura leaves was her first challenge of the day.  She literally jumped when she saw the last pack of it at a specialty store. Cooking the sticky pink rice was another story. Sakura exerted her best effort to perfect the Sakuramochi and the result was priceless. Cooking wasn’t really her thing but she tried because those Sakuramochi will be given to a very special person. That was the reason why she particularly chose Sakuramochi over a thousand variety of it.

 

“Yah… finally.” Sakura took a very deep breath after she skillfully wrapped the mochis in a Japanese special paper. She was so proud of what she did.

hanami08.jpg

 

 

 

“Hmmm…” Rei tried one of them. “Not bad for a first timer.” She commended her effort and sweat. “Arashi will swoon over this.” She added.

“I’m sure he will.” She whispered.

 

Two venues were jam packed on that sunny day at Seoul. Two groups of people were keyed-up for two different groups, one group for KPOP addicts and the other for JPOP maniacs. But not all of them were lucky enough to enter the venue. ARASHI’s performance was only available for a limited few. But a girl was so fortunate because someone handed her golden ticket to the ARASHI concert.

“Unnie?” her eyes widened and jaw dropped in disbelief. The girl was patiently waiting to get some ticket but since it was only for a limited audience, she didn’t succeed in getting one and that made her sad. “Are you sure?”

Sakura nodded. “Hope you enjoy the concert. Send my love to them.” The ticket was a seat no. 1, front row.

“Unnie… how can I thank you?” the girl was in tears as she thanked and bowed in front of a stranger that gave her a priceless gift.

“Just enjoy the concert.”

“Kamsahamida!” her smiled reached her ears.

Sakura turned away with a smile in her face. She held the box that contained all her hard work tightly as she made her way to a different venue. But she wasn’t as lucky as the girl from the ARASHI venue, because she was late and the tickets were sold out. She had to beg and even bribed someone just to have a ticket. She finally got one with a seat number of 1543, practically at the back and the price was same as the first class. But she didn’t mind even her three months salary vanished just for a single ticket. She will see DBSK perform, she will hear Junsu sing for the first time, and it was all that matter.

The venue was dark when she entered but suddenly went alive when the audience started to wave their light sticks. She was amazed on how DBSK fans, famously known as Cassiopeia can unite to support their group. The small place with a 2000 seating capacity was like a sea of red lights.

The show started and Sakura covered her ears in a flash because the Cassies started to scream their lungs out. Most of them were up to their seat. And because of the low class ticket, she had to rely on the LCD screen to see them… to have a glimpse of her dolphin. That first song started and she instantly turned deaf because the fans chanted along with them. She was annoyed at first but as the min concert progressed, she too was up to her seat and screaming her lungs out.

The solo parts finally came out. Yunho was so like a god with his dance moves. The audience was captivated with his routines including Saki. He was followed by Jaejoong who got the loudest scream; he was so sure handsome when he sang his solo. He was a guy who owned a very angel-like voice that any girl will swoon into. Then, it was Yoochun’s turn. She finally knew why her best friend fell in love with DBSK resident playboy. He was so charming in the stage, so much like a prince. She noticed from the LCD screen that he was always looking at a particular direction, he even winked once. She was sure that he was winking at Rei who was on the front row. Then it was the maknae’s turn whose voice can reach an unimaginable height. She couldn’t believe that a guy can actually sing high notes without compromising his manhood. She found him y, surprisingly. Each DBSK member had their own specialty and they were unique in their own special way. And the moment she’d been waiting for finally came. It was Junsu’s turn. But before he started he said something that made Saki tear up.

“I composed this song when we were in Japan. I put all my feelings on this one and it’s one of my favorite. “ he grinned. It was Rainy Nights.

“To whom do you dedicate it?” Jaejoong, who was tasked to introduce him, teasingly asked.

“It’s a Japanese song actually.” Junsu told the audience. "I will translate it to Korean soon.”

“Dolphin!” Jae smacked his head. The audience laughed.

“Hyung!” He protested as he rubbed his head. “Don't do that, Cassies are watching.”

“Sorry, don't get me wrong. We all love Junsu.” Jae apologized to their audience and the laughed once more.

“I dedicate this to…” he turned serious once again. Jae secretly gave him a warning look. ‘You don't want to mention her name.’ his eyes said.

“…. To a cherry blossom.” He smiled.  “I actually wrote this for a cherry blossom.”

The Cassies’ laughter filled the air. Jae smiled with satisfaction.

“Our Junsu is in love with a cherry blossom!” he shouted. But no one in the audience understood what he meant except for Sakura who was crying as her eyes fixed on the LCD screen with Junsu’s face on it.

Junsu began singing the song with all his heart. Most of the audience may not understand the Japanese lyrics but Sakura felt every word of it. She was overwhelmed with the fact the Junsu actually written a song for her. He wrote a song during the time he was missing her in Japan, the time when her annoyance to him was at its peak. Her tears flowed down to her face uncontrollably. She felt so happy that it felt that she was the only one present in that place and Junsu was only singing for her. The feeling was just amazing. She was like floating on clouds as his beautiful voice filled the air.

On the other hand, Junsu was wishing that Sakura was in front of her while singing the song he made for her. He sang it with all his heart. He closed his eyes and saw her precious mermaid. He knew that Saki was enjoying her self at a different place but he also knew that that ticket made her so happy. And that was all he was hoping for.

 

That night.... as Junsu sang his song.... two hearts beat as one..... but Sakura's happiness was short lived. Her heart was once again crashed into the ground after Junsu finished the song....

 

"I have an announcement to make." he said and the audience listened attentively. "Since Yoochun was casted on a drama to be aired on your phones and each member have their own activities while preparing for our next album, our manager offered me a role in a musical." he smiled and Cassies roared.  "But." and they all went silent. " Because of it, i have to undergo a training.... and the training will be held in China."

 

 

 

*********************************************************************************

Yah….. I finally finish this chapter… sorry for making you wait…. I wasn’t able to post because we are organizing a seminar in our school so my schedule is quite hectic… but I’m trying by best to write something during my break.

 

Love you all…in our school so my schedule is quite hectic… but I’m trying by best to write something during my break.

 

Love you all….

You comments make me inspired!!! So please keep them coming…. Plus!!! You will get karma for it…

 

I love my silent readers…. They’re making some noise!!!! And I hope it will continue…

And the loud ones… love yah too…

Keep on tweeting me….

Pour on your comments…..

 

 

Comments…. Suggestions and violent reactions are needed…..

 

 

aejae22

BY HOOK OR BY CROOK