That Dolphin....

BY HOOK OR BY CROOK (EDITING)

 

 

“That dolphin!” Sakura smashed the poor dolphin stuffed toy on her bed. “Stupid fish!” she was panting heavily but that outburst made her heart lightened a bit.

“Sakura, are you okay?” She heard Mr. Lee from the outside.

She took a deep breath and said…

“Don’t worry Mr. Lee, I’m just practicing some judo moves.”

“Judo moves?” The old man was confused but he decided not to disturb her anymore.

She threw herself at the bed and closed her eyes. But the moment she did, the face of her much hated dolphin appeared.

“Yah!” she slapped her forehead in despair. “This is just freaky! I can see him even when I close my eyes!” She was like crazy yelling in her room.

Luckily, Jaejoong wasn’t around that time because he was at Yoochun’s house with the rest, waiting for Yunho.

 

Junsu was on the edge of loosing his mind. Yoochun couldn’t help but smile as he nodded his head. Rei didn’t have the slightest idea of what was happening. The guys chose not to tell her anything.

 

“I’m here.” Yunho declared as he slammed the door open. His smile was plastered across his face. He was trying to make Junsu jealous but in reality, the dolphin was enraged.

Junsu welcomed him with his death glares. Yoochun and Jae smiled while Changmin happily munched the French fries that Rei cooked for him.

“I had fun!” he said half laughing.

Junsu hissed while the others smiled at him. Yunho was successful on pissing him off.

“You should try it too, with other girls of course.”

‘So he has the guts to recommend it. You giant ogre’

“Hey Junsu.” Yunho turned to him.

But he didn’t respond. He just fixed his eyes at the flat screen TV on the wall. But his mind wasn’t really at the show; it was somewhere else… somewhere inside Jaejoong’s house.

“Junsu!” Yunho said once again.

“What?!” he snapped irritably. “Can’t you see that I’m watching?”

The leader was bowled over. Junsu was seriously aggravated. But as a part of the plan….

“I invited Sakura to come with me at Incheon for our CF shooting.”

“Seriously?” Yoochun said. “She actually agreed?”

“But I thought Junsu hyung is dating her?” Changmin joined the fun.

Yunho shook his head.  “I told you that she doesn’t want to see him again right?” They were conversing as if Junsu wasn’t even in the same room with them.

That did it. Junsu stood and gave s a defiant stare.

“And you said you will help me with it.” His voice was hoarse, one sign that he was really not in the mood.

“That’s what I’m doing.” He smirked. “I’m helping you to forget her.”

“What?” his eyes widened. “This is not what we talked about.”

“It is.”

“Hyung! This is stupid.”

“I warned you.”

“I’m going.” He said before he walked out the door.

“Where are you going?” Jae called from behind.

“Hell!” he yelled.

 

 

“He’s out of his mind.” Yoochun chuckled.

“Same with Sakura.” Yunho told them laughing. “She’s not herself when we’re at the Lotte World. She kept on saying his name.”

“Junsu would be so happy to hear that.” Jae said.

“Hyung left.” Changmin said with fries stuffed in his mouth.

”He will soon thank me for this one."  Yunho smirked.

 

 

 

Weeks passed and Sakura held on to her words. She never dated Junsu but it was slowly eating her alive. She missed the dolphin so much.

On the other hand, the evil maknae Kyu took the chance he got. He always brought her out, but not to the Banpo Bridge anymore. He didn’t want Saki to have the chance to mention even a little something about his hyung. He just hated it.

 

Unknown to them, Yunho watched their every move and recording it like it was his biology project. And he liked what he was seeing. Kyu was trying his best to please her but Sakura was taking it all for granted.

 

One night, while she was preparing for bed, her phone rang and she saw the dolphin’s picture on her screen.

“Hello?” she said.

But the line was cut the moment she said her greetings. That made her so sad. She was secretly waiting for a call from him. She badly wanted to tell him that she missed their regular trip to the Banpo Bridge but her pride always gets in the way,

She sighed and dialed her best friend’s number.

 

“I hate him.” She said, half sobbing. “I am so irritated that I want to kick his !”

“Geez Saki, calm down.” Rei uttered from the other line.

“Please tell me what to do. I don't like what I’m feeling.”

 

 

Rei then recalled the moment when Sakura confessed to her.

“Mimi… help.” She said through the phone.

 

“I know… Yunho Oppa told us everything and Junsu Oppa was devastated.” Rei said from the other line.

“Mimi… I don't want to continue going out with him.” She was half sobbing. “And it felt so bad that I’m dating Kyu hyun after telling Junsu to stop.”

 

Rei sighed. “I think… that is not right.”

 

“I know but what can I do?”

 

“You know what…? You are really acting weird nowadays.”

 

“I have to tell you something.” Saki said and Rei prepared her ears for it.

 

“I heard something inside my chest. "

 

“Omo?” Mrs. Park’s eyes widened. “Are you having a heart attack?”

 

“What the?”

 

“Joke!”

 

“Seriously!” She hissed.

 

“What is it?” Rei said laughing.

 

“Tug, tug, tug…”

 

“What?” she didn’t get it at first.

 

“I said I heard my heart said tug, tug, tug.”

 

Then a pause.

 

“Mimi?”

 

“Tug, tug, tug…?” she then said.

 

“Yeah.” Saki confirmed it. “It started after we went to the Lotte World. Mimi, what’s the meaning of this? I actually don't like it. Everytime someone mention his name my heart says tug, tug, tug. And it’s weird!!!!”

 

Unknown to her, Rei’s smile was so wide and she was giggling like a teen on the other line.

 

“It means you love him.”

 

“Bwoh?” her mind refused to believe it. ”I think it’s just psychological.”

 

“Oh dear… our Saki is finally in love with the dolphin.” she cover over the line.

 

“Come on Mimi, there’s no time for joke!”

 

“Who said that I’m joking?”

 

“Mimi?” she said worried.

 

“Saki?” she returned it with a tease. “Someone is in love with a fishy mammal.”

 

“What will I do?” Saki was actually desperate.

 

“Do you want to tell him?”

 

“Of course not! I would rather die.”

 

“Why?”

 

“He will surely laugh at me.”

 

“How did you know?You never tried it."

 

“I just know.”

 

“Haha.” Rei once again laughed. “A Japanese girl is in love with the korean dolphin.”

 

“Oh come on.”

 

 

 

“I told you before. You should tell him everything.”

“I can’t.”

“Then we’re not going anywhere.” She wanted to help Saki but she was just too stubborn to admit her feelings.

 

She took a deep breath.

“How will I do it?” she said that made Rei very surprised.

“Are you sure you’re going to do it?”

“I’m gonna look for a right time.”

“Are you sure?” Mimi wanted to be oh so sure.

“But he’s actually dating someone.” The thought of it felt like someone stabbed her heart mercilessly.

“He is?”

“Yeah… Peewee.”

“Peewee?”

“Yes, Yunho Oppa said she’s a member of the girl group called Aftermath.” Her voice was serious but Rei was having a hard time wondering.

“Peewee from Aftermath?” She didn’t have the idea who it was.

“Yeah.” She pouted.

“And you’re jealous?

“No.” her words came out from her nose.

“Liar.”

“Mimi… I don’t know what to do.”

“You better tell him soon.”

 

 

 

 

Another week passed by and Yunho once again asked her out. It was once again a very boring date for Saki. Nothing seemed to satisfy her. Yunho was fun to be with but something was missing. And Sakura couldn’t take it any longer.

“Oppa…” Saki whispered to him. They were at a restaurant in Seoul that time. The food was so mouth-watering but Saki didn’t mind.

“Huh?” he said after munching on some prawn.

“We should stop this.”

“Huh?” he once again said.

“I -I…” she can’t find her words. Her mind was occupied with different things and none of them she can identify.

“Why?” Yunho looked at her seriously “Is there something wrong with us going out like this?”

“No...” she waved her hand in front of him. She started to get tense. She doesn’t know how to start and being in front of Yunho made it so awkward and difficult. “It’s just that… it’s wrong.”

“Wrong?” his left eye brow rose. “What made it wrong? We were having fun. And I like you.”

“But I don't.” she suddenly snapped.

Yunho was thunder stricken. Those were the words he’d been waiting to come out from Saki’s mouth but he didn’t expect them to have an adverse effect on him.

“Oppa…. Sorry.” She looked down because she can’t look at Yunho’s reaction. “I have to be honest. I feel terrible everytime I’m with you or Kyu Hyun. It’s not that I don't like being with you but I just told Junsu to stop seeing me but then…” she sighed. She can’t continue anymore.

“You feel guilty because of what you did?”Yunho looked at him with sincerity. Saki didn’t see any sign of anger in him.

“No.” “She shook her head. “I just think that it’s not fair to Junsu and for you.”

“You like him?” he said straightly.

“Huh?”

“I want you to be honest with me this time Saki.”

“Oppa.”

“Do you like him?”

She slowly nodded her head.

Yunho finally let go of a smile. The plan is finally over. Now everything was up to the two.

“Why don't you tell him?”

“I can’t.” She said sadly. “He’s already dating someone. He stopped bugging me, that means he forget about me.”

“That’s not true.”

“How did you know?”

“I’m his friend.”

“He really likes the girl right?”

Yunho chuckled. How would he tell Sakura that he just made everything up? Sakura will surely kill him.

“Why don't you ask him?”

“I cant.”

“Why?”

“I just can’t.”

“Saki.” He ruffled her hair like an Oppa to his dongseang. “Just follow what you heart say.”

 

 

 

The next morning, it was the evil Maknae’s turn to receive some bad news. But he said something that made her heart swirl into a chaos.

 

“I know.” Kyu said after hearing her words surprisingly. “I can tell that you like hyung more than me. I'm not really that dumb.”

“Kyu…”

“Since we started dating, you mentioned his name for 231 times.”

“Seriously?” her eyes widened.

“Can't believe it?” Kyu said.

“But the deal was just…”

“I know.” He cut her off. “You have to pay me.”

“I can’t buy you a new game.”

“But you can do the last one.”

“Huh?”

“You cannot remember it?” he said smiling sadly. He was rejected.

She just looked down. A kiss will be given for the last offence. She was against it but they had a deal. She had to keep her words.

“And because you can’t buy me a game, you will kiss me when I say so.”

She hissed at him. “Junsu was right. You truly are the evil maknae.”

“Come on Saki. I feel horrific right now. You just broke my heart.” He confessed.

“Sorry… I will buy you some sundae. Will that help?”

“I  don't want it.” He sighed. “Why can’t you love me?”

“I wish I can tell my heart who to love. It’s not easy for me too… Of all people, why him?”

“You are a special girl Sakura. I can’t blame hyung for loving you and now, his efforts are finally paying off.”

“Wrong.”

“Huh?”

“He stopped talking to me.”

“He did?” Kyu couldn’t believe that Junsu can do such thing. He adores Sakura so much.

She just smile.

 

 

 

She went home with a very heavy heart. She walked pass Jaejoong but she didn't even bother to greet or to even look at him. She just wanted to sleep. She went straight to her bed and hugged her dolphin toy.

 

"The one that gave you to me doesn't even want to talk to me now." She said as if the toy can hear and understand her. "And it's my fault and i miss him." she sighed. Then, a knock on her door.

 

"Saki." it was Jae. "Someone's waiting for you downstairs."

She stood and went outside. She was so lazy to ask who it was. But as she stepped down the staircase, her heart beats a thousand times a minute like it was about to come out of her chest. She felt her ears turned red. Someone so familiar was sitting at the sofa in the living room. He was looking down but she was sure that it was him. A small smile suddenly appeared on her face.

"Dolphin."

 

 

***********************************************************

I'm really sorry for not updating everyday like i used to, there are fews reasons behind it.... hope you forgive me and keep on supporting this fic... i will try to post another chapter again tonight.... hope my connection will not backfire on  me.

 

Love ya all...

 

 

i really need your comments... come on people... they're free!!!!

 

silent readers.... make some noise again.... love to hear from you...

 

loud readers.... hurray!!!!!

 

 

comments, suggestions and violent reactions are so loved... but i'm missing them right now....

 

 

next chapter.... THE TICKET TO HER HEART

 

 

aejae22

BY HOOK OR BY CROOK