The Day It Happen

Forever five; Always stay by your side.

 

“Hyungs! Palli!!”

Taemin jumps back from inside the car, practically yelling for his others teammates to quicken their pace. Key came out a few minutes later with a picnic basket hanging on his left arm and a grumpy looking Kim Jonghyun in his right.

“Yah, Key! Let go of me.. You hurt my arm!”

But it seems like the words didn’t reach the younger ears as he pulls him faster and takes their seat at the back. Jonghyun growled as he was forced to seat at the back with all the other stuffs they brings along. Trains of complains coming out of him when Key throw the basket earlier into his lap. Onew who comes later takes his place at the driver’s seat and starts the engine. Minho locked the door and make sure that all the windows were closed before move to his place between the quarrelling idiots that still bickering about the seat arrangement.

Taemin smiled and takes his place at the passenger’s seat beside the oldest. Usually it was booked by Jonghyun or Key but today the seat was served for him. Jumping up and down from his seat, Taemin can’t stop himself from smiling from ear to ear.

“Chill Taemin, you going to broke the roof if you keeps doing that..” A chuckle escape Onew’s mouth as he watch the maknae from his peripheral vision.

“Hyung! Palli.. palli!” Taemin ignored the leader and rushed him. He let one of his hands out and makes a wave motion, moving it with the passing wind as the car quickened its pace. The bickering at the back side was put on stop, changing it into a noisy karaoke when Minho, cleverly, turns on the ratio in order to stop the annoying arguments.

The karaoke become more and more exciting when a SHINee’s song was played.

Fall in love nae sohneul kkok japajweo
I wanna be nae gyeotaeman isseojweo
Oh, happy day nae modeungeol julkgoya
I can't stop neomaneul na saranghae

Oh, shiny day ne haengbokhan misowa
You so sweet nae sujupeun seollaeim
Take my heart nan neo.aegae julgeoya
I can't stop neol hyanghan nae sarangeul (Love)

 

Even the song aired was as happy and as cheer as the bright sky.

Dugeundugeungeoryeo
Neoreul bomyeon bolsurok
Nae shimjangi neomudo ddwineunde

 

Taemin sing with his head moving left to right in a rhythm with Onew.


Jakkujakku eereokhae maeil jogeumshik
Eojaeboda oneul deo saranghae
Neol saranghae

 

Onew take a glance at the back using the mirror. Key and Jonghyun had already had their arms around each other and Minho was looking not less like a happy father, looking at their children. He smiles. Among them all, Minho was always the wise one. And a very cheeky sometimes too.

 

Jeo haesalboda deo bitnaneun
Haruae gadeukhan oori chueokdeul

 

Key’s unique voice continuing the song as he emphasis the meaning of it, showing at the bright blue sky to Jonghyun who had his head fixed in the younger’s armpit.


Neomu ddeollineun maeum
Nareul barabwajuneun
Neoreul saranghandago sorichyeo

 

Jonghyun caressed Key’s face once he was left free and move their head closer, but move backward when Key uses the kissing trick on him.

Paran haneularae oori dooleun dalkomhamae ppajyeo
Naool su eopneun gileul geoleo machi donghwa.ae
Naoolbeophan sarang iyagiro seororeul barabwa
Eegae mweonji saranginji kkoomeul kkuji

 

They all clapped once Minho done singing. His usually deep voice immediately turns into a light once it mixed with the easy going song.

It was such a happy moments for the five best friends. Everybody was happy. Smile seems permanent in their face and everything was perfect. It was perfect until a very unexpected thing happen.

In less than five minutes, the once merry car turns into a complete silent when an unsteady truck came rushing and track off the line before dash right to the car. Sending the car rolled and sandwiched few times before finally stop with the wheels facing the sky.

 

 

Taemin’s POV

I tried to opens my eyes after the big bang and the first thing I saw is the color of crimson red. Jolts of pains came shooting from everywhere when I tried to move, forcing me to stay still at my place.

I look to my right and saw flashes of lights and lots of feet moving around.

“He- help..”

My voice comes out almost inaudible that I’m sure nobody was able to hear it. I myself was barely heard it. I let out a mute growl when I felt my head spinning and a pool of blood formed under my head. I turn to my left and saw Onew hyung lying lifelessly with his head almost covered in blood and scattering glasses. I tried to move my hand to reach for him but failed as I can no longer feel my hand. A rather large glass was stuck at it but I can’t feel the pain.

It wasn’t long until I finally hear the familiar sound of an ambulance and a fire engine. I turns my head around for the last time, saw nothing but blood everywhere and tragic. A group of people wearing all white and another group of red uniformed men rushing to our direction. I hear metals crashing and the door was forced open.

“Don’t worry, we’ll help you..”

“Thanks..”

I wanted to say that to the white man who was trying his best to help me but my voice has gone again. I tried to open my eyes so that I can see all my hyungs before I could close it but the effort was useless. I guess the loss of the blood makes me feels sleepy than ever and with all my heart, I say a small hope, praying to the God up there that my friends was safe.