Chapter 3½

Crush ≠ Love

 

Chapter 3½ – Doubting

 

 

 

Jungkook was totally over the moon about his first boyfriend. He had an almost constant smile on his face and all his thoughts seemed to circulate around Yoongi. The two started to hang out a lot, often going downtown to just roam around the streets or going to Yoongi's apartment to play video games and, obviously, to have some peaceful place to make out a little at.

 

The couple quite rarely hung out at Jungkook's apartment, though. The reason to this was some small incident that happened some time after the two had started dating.

 

 

 

”How about hanging out at your place today? Mine's a bit, uh, messy after the weekend...” Yoongi asked as they met again after their last classes that day.

Jungkook shrugged. ”Sure, it's fine.”

 

 

The couple were sitting on the couch in Jungkook's living room, Yoongi holding the younger one close to himself. He looked at Jungkook, and as the dark-haired boy turned his gaze to the older one, Yoongi slowly leaned in and pressed their lips together once again.

 

Yoongi's arms were tightly wrapped around Jungkook's waist, and caressing the boy's back through his shirt. Then, he slyly grabbed the hem of the boy's shirt, rolling it slowly upwards and finally sliding his hands under it, now caressing the soft skin of Jungkook's back. Jungkook flinched a little but relaxed soon, only concentrating on the deep kiss that Yoongi led and dominated. As Yoongi felt the boy relaxing again, he made his next move. He grabbed the boy's shirt again, rolling it upwards again, now revealing already half of the boy's .

 

Jungkook flinched a little again, and this time suddenly pulled back, breaking the kiss. He then turned his gaze downwards, seeming a little embarrassed.

”Sorry,” he then quietly apologized, ”I just don't think I'm ready yet.”

Yoongi, still holding the hem of the boy's shirt up to the middle of his back, replied with a soft voice,

”Oh, it's okay, no need to apologize,” he rubbed the soft skin of Jungkook's back comfortingly, ”I just wanted to hold you closer, to feel your bare skin... Is it okay I take the shirt off? Not going any further than that, of course.”

Jungkook nodded. Being shirtless was still okay, but he needed some more time to be able to go any further than that.

 

Yoongi pulled the younger one's shirt off gently and wrapped his arms tightly around the boy's body. He caressed the boy's smooth and soft skin gently and finally pressed their lips back together again. He kept moving his hands all over Jungkook's , examining every inch of it, caressing and touching every part of it. Slowly, as he deepened the kiss again, the caressing of his became slightly more rough, too.

 

 

At the same time, the front door of the apartment was opened, but neither of the two heard it over Jungkook's quiet moans in the kiss. Then, there were footsteps nearing the room, but again neither of them noticed them. Only when a familiar voice spoke, the two finally halted, breaking their deep kiss, and turned to look at the disrupter.

 

”...So, Jungkook, have you done the essay already because I need it to--”

It was Jimin. The brown-haired boy stood in the doorway of the living room, staring with shocked eyes at the shirtless Jungkook and the fortunately still fully-clothed Yoongi whose hands were all over Jungkook's body.

”Uh, I, sorry, I didn't see you there at first..” Jimin had indeed been a little lost in his thoughts and only noticed the couple making out on the couch when he was already in the doorway of the room, ”I'll, uh, come back later,” he slightly embarrassedly ruffled his hair, ”...Or maybe it would be better if you came to visit me later when you have time, Jungkook. So, I, uh, am going now, okay?” he still stuttered flusteredly and moved his gaze to the floor, a light tone of pink rising onto his cheeks. After that he finally turned around, awkwardly starting to walk away, hurriedly exiting the apartment.

 

As the boy stepped out of the door of Jungkook's apartment, he let out a deep sigh. He couldn't tell if he was feeling more embarrassed due to disrupting the couple's sweet moment or more hurt due to seeing Jungkook so close to someone else.

 

 

Yoongi turned his slightly astonished gaze to Jungkook, his both hands still tightly holding the younger boy's bare waist.

”How did he get in? Do you not keep your apartment's door locked?” the blonde guy then wondered.

”I do,” Jungkook answered, ”But Jimin has a key, so there isn't really a bulletproof way of keeping him out.”

”A key?” Yoongi tilted his head, raiisng his other eyebrow questioningly.

”He's my best friend, of course he has a key. I have a key to his apartment, too. We're like basically roommates, both living in both's apartments... Kinda,” the younger one explained.

”Well that's... interesting.”

 

 

After the small incident, the couple only spent time at Jungkook's apartment when they were hundred percent sure that Jimin wouldn't interrupt them again, even when they were doing something more innocent than making out. And of course, Jungkook had to assure Jimin that he and Yoongi would be more careful from now on and that the boy wouldn't need to see him and Yoongi with their tongues down each other's throats anymore. Without a warning first, at least.

 

 

”Jungkook, have you done the biology project yet?” asked Jimin. The two were at Jimin's apartment, Jimin himself sitting at his own desk and doing some school work on his laptop while Jungkook was lying on his bed, just relaxing.

”Um, not sure,” the black-haired one then answered, staring at the ceiling and getting a little lost in his thoughts. Jimin turned around in his chair to look at the boy.

”What do you mean 'not sure'?”

This time Jungkook turned his dreamy gaze to his friend and awoke from his thoughts.

”Okay, I haven't done it yet. I was supposed to start it today but I went to Yoongi's straight after college and then I came here to spend some time with you,” he explained.

Jimin looked at his best friend with a thoughtful expression on his face and let out a small sigh.

 

Jimin started doubting if Yoongi was the right one for Jungkook after all. The couple had been dating for a few weeks now, and only in that time, Jimin had noticed that Jungkook had started ditching some school works, too. He wasn't so careful with his homework anymore nor did he seem to take studying so seriously anymore. Jungkook had always been kind of a nerd, such a diligent and a good student, so it did worry Jimin a little. He thought that Yoongi might be kind of bad influence to Jungkook, since the older guy himself was quite known for ditching his classes and barely studying at all.

 

Jimin wondered what was it really that Jungkook saw in Yoongi, what was it that Jungkook was really so in love with, besides just Yoongi's good looks and charm.

 

 

However, one thing Jimin was still happy about. It was the fact that even though Jungkook spent a lot of time with Yoongi, he still never seemed to forget about Jimin. Their friendship stayed the same, as strong as always. They still walked freely between each other's apartments (although Jimin nowadays always made sure Jungkook was alone first before dashing into his apartment in order to avoid any more awkward incidents), they still liked sharing friendly hugs and other little skinship things, and they still spent as much time together as possible, just like they had always done. That Jimin was still really glad about.

 

 

-----------------------

 

 

A/N: So I split this chapter up into two parts since I felt like it'd work better like that. But anyways, as always, let me know in the comments what you think of this fic so far and who do you ship more - sugakookie or jikook ㅋㅋㅋ