7. His house (Part II)

Night market Soulmate

Flashback

Eunhyuk's POV

"MOM!" I shouted as I return home from school.

"Hyukjae! You are back!" My mom said cheerfully from the kitchen and hugged me tight.

"Where's dad?" I asked, returning her hug, hoping to get some good news.

"U-uh.. H-hyuk.. Your dad... Uhm... Is still at work!" She stuttered. What is she hiding?

"Mom, you knew better not to lie to me." I said with a straight face. She is my mom but I am her son.

"Hyukjae, you know he won't return as soon. Let's just eat dinner as usual." Mom said and turn around, walking in the kitchen.

I went upstairs to my bedroom and went for shower. 

You see, my parents are that close anymore ever since, I don't know when. Dad always return home late, mom always wait for him at the door till late midnight, sometimes till the dawn. I pity mom. Mom was not deserve to be treated like this. I love her, but she still needs love from dad. I wasn't really close to dad either. He would sometimes come back early enough for dinner but he is always at work. Sure he owns the company but he ain't making use of his workers. I sometimes even think whether does he care about his family.

I went down just to hear the front door slam shut and my mom kneeled on the floor, bawling.

"MOM! What's wrong?" I rushed towards her and envelope her in a hug.

"Your... D-dad.." She whispered, barely audible as her sobs were too loud. I hugged her not caring a thing what she was trying to say.

She kept on bawling as I kept soothing her with sweet words while her hair and back. It wasn't until half an hour or so, there were no more tears seeping out and only tiny sobs were heard from her lips.

"Mom, do you.. Uhm.. Wanna talk about it?" I asked quietly.

"Hyukjae..."

Silence.

"Your father... He said... H-he.. Wanted... A-a..."

Silence.

"Divorce." She managed to choke out.

Silence engulf us once again as I tried to interpret the words mom said.

"He.. What?"

Silence.

"He never once looked at us in the eye and talked to us and now he wants a divorce? Is he freaking kidding me?"

Silence.

Until it was broke with a slam on the door, revealing my father with papers in hand and a man, assumingly lawyer behind him.

"Hi Hyukjae. Just to let you know, me and your mom are getting a divorce. Here are the papers. The lawyer here is going to fix everything." He said, walking in and sat on the couch, placing the papers on the coffee table. My mom asked me to help her to the table.

"Mrs Lee, here are the conditions. Mr Lee decided to leave everything that he has for you as he is going to move overseas to Canada. " The lawyer explained. Well, at least he isn't going to take everything away from me and mom.

We nodded as he continued, "If it is fine for the both parties, please sign the papers and you will be officially announced as ex-husband and ex-wife. As for Mr Lee Hyukjae, you have a choice. Just sign below the parent you want to follow and you will be under the security of the chosen parent." I turned to face my mom, took the pen and signed below her signature.

Ever since the divorce between my parents, I had started working, part-times at shops or cafes. Eventhough the money left for me and my mom were enough for the both of us, I wanted to earn some living for the both of us, with my own hardwork.

It wasn't until a few years later, a foreign man moved to the house next door. He was very friendly. He visits the both of us everyday. He was very nice to my mom. And my mom is very happy around him as well. Everytime I see my mom being happy, I can't help but to smile at it.

However, not long after they both met, he started to date my mom. I knew. But I never knew mom actually agreed on marrying him and moving to the United Kingdom with him. And I thought mom wouldn't be as crazy as that. She knew how much I love where I am right now but she was so in love with that man that she had agree with him. I was furious at first but later, after realizing how my father left mom, the last thing I wanted to do was to get her hurt once more. I realized I was a little too selfish so I let my mom go with that man. They got married and went to the United Kingdom.

End of Flashback

Your POV

Oh... So that explains why he hadn't have the chance to feel the love from his parents. I looked at him. His eyes were teary but tears weren't flowing, they were just at the brink.

I sat closer to him and hugged him, tight. He wrapped his arms around my body and nuzzled his head into my hair. I his hair lightly.

"Hyuk-ah... Don't so down. You have me now." I whispered softly. He lifted his head off my hair and looked at me in the eyes. I smiled and caress his face. He slowly brought his hands up, cupped my face and leaned in slowly until there were no gaps between our faces. I gladly kissed him back softly, my arms now around his waist. We shared a long, sweet and slow kiss until we were parted due to the lack of oxygen in our body.

 

 

We watched movies, chat and joked around and time just flew by without us knowing it. It was already 11 at night and it was storming outside.

"Uhm.. Do you think I can leave right now?" I asked, turning around to face Hyukkie.

"Do you have to? It's storming outside you know." He looked at me with his puppy eyes and pouted. I chuckled and dialed on my mom's number.

"Hello? Mom? Oh? Yea? Oh. Okay. Yea. Love you too. You too. Bye. Good night." I hung up.

"What did you mom say?"

"I didn't really know. I just heard about her at her friend's house and asked me not to go home because there's a blackout. Dad usually fixes it but now that he's on a business trip, he can't help and it's still storming outside so...." I said and trailed with an awrward smile.

"So you're staying with me tonight?" He beamed. I giggled and blushed at his smile and nodded. He quickly wrap me with his muscular arms and spin me around, making me hug him tight. We laughed and got ready for bed.

"Are you done yet, baby?" He asked. I looked into the mirror. Hmm... He made me wear his pajamas since I was staying for the night but his pants were too loose while the top is just hanging loosely on my shoulders and stops around mid-thigh. I chuckled at his impatience and made my way out of the bathroom.

"I have only been in the bathroom for a few minutes, Hyukkie." I said and smiled at him. He pulled me to him, he also changed into a wife-beater and some pajama pants. He still looked hot in that. He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me in for a kiss, a long, sweet kiss. We parted as he pulled me into the bed. We slipped into the warm comforters in contrast of the cold weather. He pulled me into his chest and snuggled his head into my hair while I snuggled into his warm and broad chest. We slowly drifted off to dreamland first time in each others' embrace.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N : lol. Hi. It's short update tho. Haha. Lol. Awkward~ Anyways, see you guys next time~