Prologue (Part 1)

Me and the Two of Them
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The silence of the hallway is very much good for him as he ventures to get to his locker. Every day, he makes sure that everyone has deserted the hallway before he proceeds to his locker.

The patterned sound of his footsteps echoes around but an irregularity on its beat stopped him on his tracks. Faint sound of footsteps reaches his ears. He checks his watch; it’s already 7:45 in the evening.

Who could this be?

He listens carefully, trying to detect where it could come from.

Slowly, slowly, it starts to grow louder, getting nearer and nearer; then it suddenly stops.

“Excuse me?”

The voice is soft, soothing.

Something tapped his heart as it starts to beat faster and louder.

His breathing slowly gets erratic as the moment stretches.

The footsteps start again; going nearer till it stops again.

This time, he is sure that whoever she is, she is already nearer than what he can calculate.

He can already feel the emanating presence behind him.

“Mister, can I ask something?”

It is not like no one has asked him or talked to him. There’s just something about the voice of that person the very moment he heard it.

There’s something unknown in that voice that suddenly tapped his heart.

Now, he is scared and excited at the same time to turn around and see who it could be.

His pal starts to get sweaty as he felt the uncomfortable strain in his legs that had been s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter