ROUND 2 : "Nice to meet you again..or not? or yes?"

REMATCH : Moody Kitty vs Bad-tempered Puppy

 

Jaehwan stands in front of the expensive Chinese restaurant hesitantly.  He just arrived from Japan thirty minutes ago. Alone. Because his parents apparently had come to Korea  earlier to take care of some ‘important business’ he does not even know. The said business actually is the reason Jaehwan steps his feet back in Korea since he moved with his family five years ago.

Like, why he has to in his parents’ business? They did not even tell Jaehwan anything other than ‘important family meeting everyone has to attend’. And being a good son he is, he obeyed without questioning anything. Now all the questions are exploding inside his head.

Where are his parents? Why didn’t they pick him up? Why sending an unknown ahjussi driver to pick him up from airport to send him here? And the most important thing, what is the use of this suit??

Jaehwan raises his right hand in the air, looking puzzled at the black bag hanging from his hand. The driver from earlier said that his mom wanted him to wear this suit to the meeting. Ok so maybe the real question is, what meeting is this that he has to wear a suit?

Does not want to waste anymore time, Jaehwan walks inside, greeting some waiters and asks the direction to the restroom. He needs to change after all.

After thanking the kind-hearted waiter, Jaehwan enters the restroom to see one booth in the corner is occupied. He pouts unconsciously as corner place is always his favorite. But there is no way he will wait for the person to come out just to change, right? So, he drags his legs to the empty one beside the corner, hanging the suit on the hook behind the door and eyeing his own outfit. A comfortable sweater and shorts, sure his mother will chop him alive if he wears that to the meeting.

He starts to take off his clothing one by one when he finds something weird. Why is it so quiet next booth? Is the person ok? He is not fainting, right? Or maybe just maybe, he needs to concentrate on something. Jaehwan quickly covers his mouth as he giggles at the thought. He better gets fast to not disturbing then.

He nearly done buckling his belt when the restroom door opened violently with a loud bang. He jumps and curses whoever did that when another bang is heard on his door, startling him and making him jump for the second time.

“Hyung! Taekwoon hyung! Hurry up hyung!! Daebak! Daebak!” Jaehwan frowns. Taekwoon? With thousand names in Korea, why it has to be that name he hears? But then, there are so many Taekwoon here. Not only that Taekwoon….right?

Jaehwan’s thought vanishes as the loud knocks continue and obviously he is not the Taekwoon this person is looking for. He quickly fixes his belt and pants then about to open the door when the next booth opens instead and a voice, a familiar voice, calls a familiar name. Making Jaehwan frowns even deeper.

“Sanghyuk-ah.”   

Taekwoon and Sanghyuk sure are names Jaehwan knows. These names are also related. So having the same names being mentioned at the same moments makes his heart beating fast. Not to mention that familiar voice too.

“Hyung! It’s really daebak. Like I said something great is supposed to happen today!” Obviously, it is the Sanghyuk that is talking. He sounds so excited. Jaehwan continues listening until that voice speaks.

“Chill. Then spill.”

That voice. The very familiar voice he has not heard for five years, he is sure now. The only thing he wants to do now is confirming it. But, no.

“Ok so, the one we’re going to meet today is-”

Oh? Who is this opening his booth’s door? Jaehwan freaks out as he realizes that his body reacts faster than his brain. He was sure he decided to wait but then his hands opens the door and his feet step outside, making him visible for the two tall people talking in front of his booth. And he is right. Their eyes meet and sure enough, they become wider in surprise.

“Jae- hwan?”

“T-Tae- Taekwoon hyung?”

 

---

 

“Why are you following us?”

“Excuse me??” Jaehwan eyes the person walking in front of him with irritation. Like hell he is following them. He is only searching the room his mom mentioned yesterday, “I have to visit my parents, ok. It has nothing to do with you.” He says only to earn a snort from the older. He is about to retort back when the youngest of the three speaks.

“Heey, stop the fight, hyungs. Save that for later.” He says cockily receiving a whack from his brother. Jaehwan only rolls his eyes at the scene.

The three of them continue walking until they reach the last room in the corridor. And there, they stop and look at each other. Jaehwan and Taekwoon specifically.

“Why do you guys stop here?”

“So do you.”

“My parents are here.”

“Same then. Wait- what?”

They look at each other again, now with a confused look on their faces. Then, as in sync they move their gaze to the giggling Sanghyuk. The youngest keeps on laughing until he feels the burning gazes.

“Oh? That’s right. They are all here. We have to go in too.” He whistles, hands reaching to open the door but get yanked back by Taekwoon. Jaehwan only watches from the side.

“What do you mean?”

“What do I mean?”

“Who are ‘they’ and who are ‘we’?”

“Our parents and Jaehwan hyung’s parents are here hyung. We all should come in too.” Jaehwan sees how Taekwoon keeps staring at Sanghyuk and as if they communicate through eye contact, Sanghyuk answers with a smirk. “You know what you’re here for hyung.”

“No ing way.”

The door opens, revealing Mrs. Jung who smiles widely at the sight of the three young males.

“Sons, you’re here and you’ve met Jaehwan too. Aigoooooo, our Jaehwannie is so cute as always.”

Sanghyuk is, once again, giggling. Taekwoon is dumbfounded. While Jaehwan? He just stands there still does not know the situation.

 

---

 

“It’s a dream.”

“…”

“Right?”

“…”

“YAH! Why don’t you answer me?!” Jaehwan glares at the guy sitting across from him who is calmly sipping his coffee. The two are currently sitting at the restaurant’s garden after the elders told them to catch-the-missing-moments-these-five-years-they-were-separated. So then here they are, sitting face to face with a cup of coffee each in front of them.

“It’s not.”

“You’re lying!” Jaehwan watches the latter rolls his eyes. Finally looking up from his cup to face him.

“You’re annoying.” And back to his coffee.

Jaehwan scoffs. He still cannot understand this. He was in Japan, then following his parents back to Korea, meeting the Jung family only to be told about that agreement. That agreement he does not even agree!

“You seem calm. You know everything, don’t you?”

Taekwoon sets his cup down on the table, leaning his back on his chair and crossing his arms. He nods. “My parents told me beforehand.”

“And you agree?”

“I didn’t know it would be you.”

“What’s that supposed to mean? It’s fine if it’s someone else?” Taekwoon takes some moment to look at Jaehwan’s face before scowling.

“At least not someone who cheated on me before.”

“Excuse you! Am I the only one who did?”

Silent. That short moment can make them finally shut up. Well, remembering unpleasant past is a bit…

“You didn’t tell your parents that I cheated on you?”

“No.” Jaehwan shakes his head, “and you?”

Taekwoon simply shakes his head. They sigh.

“So, our parents only know that we broke up because I had to move abroad with my family?” Taekwoon nods.

“Then they feel sorry and try to make it up by getting us back together.” Taekwoon nods, again.

“BUT WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE A MARRIAGE??!”

“I know right. It’s hard living with someone that cheated on us before.” Taekwoon says casually, sipping back his coffee.

“Do something!”

“You think about it.” Jaehwan sneers, biting his finger as he tries to find an idea.

“Should we just beg our parents to cancel it?”

“Useless.”

“Aah boyfriend!! Find a boyfriend!”

“Nah. Too busy with work, no time for that.”

Jaehwan closes his eyes and huffs in annoyance. “THEN WHAT?!”

Taekwoon drums his fingers on the coffee cup while Jaehwan looks at him with anticipation.

After some good minutes…

“Let’s just go home for now. I’m tired.”

“W- what?”

“I haven’t had a good rest since yesterday.”

“I went here after landing from Japan!!”

“Good. Now let’s go home and take a rest, think for good excuses and meet up tomorrow.”

With that he stands up and starts to walk away while Jaehwan mentally curses Taekwoon in his head. After some steps, the older stops walking as his phone vibrates. He looks at it before muttering a soft ‘damn’.

“Why?” Jaehwan asks curiously. Taekwoon massages his temple with one hand as the other hands Jaehwan his phone. And sure enough, the same word leaving Jaehwan’s mouth after reading the message.

From: Hyukkie

We’re all heading home hyung~ Don’t worry you can use the car but don’t forget to send Jaehwan hyung home ;)

 

---

 

“I know.”

 

“What?” Jaehwan looks at Taekwoon with bored expression. They have been on the silent ride for twenty minutes to Jaehwan’s hotel when suddenly Taekwoon talks, out of nowhere.

“Tell your mom that you take a taxi.” Taekwoon says with a rather excited tone. “Just say that I refuse to send you home.”

Jaehwan raises a brow. “You want her to have bad impression of you?”

“It’s not like we have other option.” He shrugs. It is true though. If they want this marriage to be canceled, they have to find logical reasons soon and so far they get none. But still, Jaehwan feels uneasy with the idea of making ‘bad impression’.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea.” He finally says and Taekwoon says nothing to response. The ride becomes silent again until they reach the hotel where Jaehwan’s family is staying.

“Coming home to your own country and staying in a hotel?” Taekwoon smiles amusedly earning a glare from the younger.

“We don’t have choices though. Besides, my parents are going back to Japan soon.” Jaehwan replies with a sigh.

“Already? Why so soon?” Jaehwan shrugs.

“They will go without me.” Taekwoon chuckles as he sees Jaehwan pouts, one of Jaehwan’s old habits. “and you know what’s stupid? They say I don’t need to go back to Japan since someone will take care of me here.”

Now Taekwoon cannot help but mutters a soft ‘oh’ and an awkward silent appears until Taekwoon speaks, “So we have to get married and I’ll take care of you then.”

Jaehwan shoots him a glare and punches his arm. “Stop joking! It’s not even funny!” but they laugh anyway.

“So, we’ll meet tomorrow?” Jaehwan asks. Taekwoon nods.

“Come to my office. We can talk there.”

“Ok then. See you tomorrow.” Jaehwan says as he opens the car door and steps outside. He bends a little to say goodbye when Taekwoon calls him.

“Do what I told you earlier. Tell your mom that I refuse to take you home. That way we don’t have to get married and you can go back to Japan with your parents.” Jaehwan shakes his head at the suggestion.

“Jung Taekwoon, do you really want to get rid of me that much huh?”

Taekwoon raises a brow, “I thought you do?”

“Whatever. It’s late already. Just go!” Jaehwan makes a shoo gesture which receives a playful offended look from Taekwoon.

“Lee Jaehwan, do you really want to get rid of me that much huh?”

And they laugh again.

“I’ll go in. I’ll really do. Bye!” Jaehwan is about to walk away when Taekwoon calls him again. He groans.

“What now?”

Taekwoon scratches his head awkwardly before shrugging. 

“Well, it’s too cruel not to say it. So…nice to meet you after five years.” Jaehwan blinks once, twice, and scoffs. 

“Are you being cheesy or sarcastic?” but then smiles, “nice to meet you too…after five years.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

NYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA finally I manage to write >< /ugly sobs/

Sorry guys it’s just that I have a bad habit of being lazy whenever I want(?) and please forgive me because this chapter is a lot shorter than the previous one. So yeah~

Oh, btw I made this update because I’ll be away next week!! After five months, I’ll finally go home and I want to spend time with my family so I doubt I’ll pay attention to aff kkk

Welcome for the new subscribers  \(^0^)/

ZygomorphicGavrieLagustyStarlight-KenjummaKTsuki-chan please know that I’ll always love you guys!!! /virtual hugs/ and my mom and sista ninaqiu, see you in two days~ kkk

 

If I have to give you a hint for next chapter?

Hmm..let’s just say next chapter is about keo’s new life.

What new life? ;)

 

 

SEE YOU LATERRRR~