ROUND 3 : Engaged..?

REMATCH : Moody Kitty vs Bad-tempered Puppy

 

Jung Taekwoon, where the heck are you?!”

Taekwoon pulls his phone away from his ears, sneering at the loud voice before answering.

“Sorry. Meeting ended later than expected. I’m on my way. You better stand by the lobby so we won’t be late.”

“For your information, I’ve been standing in front of the hotel for thirty minutes!!” He can hear Jaehwan huffs in annoyance, “Be here in five minutes!”

“Fifteen. I’ll be there in fifteen minutes.” And he quickly hangs up before the younger can utter any reply because hell, he is enough with the nagging Jaehwan. He does not need to hear the younger screaming too.

Taekwoon drives faster as he sees the digital clock on his dashboard. They are already late almost thirty minutes to the family meeting.

Family meeting.

Yes, after a week of struggling with the hard decision, Taekwoon and Jaehwan finally agree to marry each other, with their own benefits of course.

Now if we take the flashback a bit…

 

“Let’s just get married.” Taekwoon suggested. Jaehwan looked at him before nodding.

“I think that’s not too bad. We already know each other. It’ll make everything easier.”

“We can be a good buddy too. Let’s help each other.”

Jaehwan frowned, “Helping each other?” Taekwoon nodded.

“You can help me with my work, and I’ll help yours too.”

“Do you even know what I do as a job?”

“What is it?”

“I’m a webtoonist, Taekwoon.”

“Hm cool. I can help you with the drawing.” Tekwoon said confidently while taking a sip of his coffee, missing the horror expression on the younger’s face.

“I know how wonderfully awful you are in that area. So no, I don’t want your masterpiece to destroy mine. Thanks.”

“Hey! I improve!” Jaehwan only snorted knowing very well what the older meant by ‘improve’.

“Anyway, you’ll do the house courses.” Taekwoon continued.

“Am I your servant or what??!”

“We’ll most likely live in my apartment after the marriage. So?”

“The marriage is to make us in equal level as married couple! Not master and servant!”

“But I’m the house master.”

Jaehwan gritted his teeth, glaring at the man who looked at him back with straight face.

“Don’t make that face. You look ugly.” Now, Jaehwan really wanted to flip the table and rubbed it on the older’s annoying face.

“I hate you!”

“I know.” Taekwoon stated at the still fuming Jaehwan, “So the conclusion is we’re getting married no matter what. And we need to tell our parents about it soon.”

“About the house courses-”

“We’ll discuss it later. Gosh! Do you honestly think I really ask you to do everything? I’m not a jerk.”

“You were.” Jaehwan shrugged, “and you still are.”

“Look at yourself before talking.” Taekwoon tried to avoid the younger’s eyes when he once again sent the death look. “so when should we meet them?”

“The sooner the better. Just get everything done with this thing and we’ll be free for the rest of our life. At least our parents won’t pester us anymore.” Jaehwan said earning a nod from the older.

“Deal. Well, I’ll take a look at my schedule and I’ll call you after that.”

 

That was how it happened. But fortunately, before they get a chance to call their parents for a meeting, they got a call first and yeah…a family meeting!

“Nice, Jung Taekwoon. I said five minutes and what? It’s fifteen minutes!” That is the first sentence that leaves Jaehwan’s mouth as he gets in Taekwoon’s car.

“Shut up and put on your seat belt.” Taekwoon replies without looking at the younger.

“But we’re late already!”

“That’s why. You better hold onto something because we’ll get there in ten minutes.” Jaehwan’s eyes widen at Taekwoon smirk. From his hotel to the restaurant take around twenty minutes or more, that was what his parents told him. So for it to be ten minutes, that means…is he crazy??

“You wouldn’t!”

“Oh I would.” Taekwoon starts the engine and drives off in a full speed with Jaehwan screaming beside him, muttering every curse words he knows ever exist in the world.

 

---

 

“Oh Jaehwan honey, what happen to you?” Mrs. Jung stands up from her seat while looking worriedly at the soulless Jaehwan. Mrs. Lee beside her.

“Nothing happen mom. We’re sorry for coming late.” Taekwoon bows, dragging Jaehwan with him.

“Are you sure that you’re ok?” Mrs. Lee looks at her son once the two men take a seat in front of her. Turns out, today’s meeting is with the moms only.

“I’m fine, eomma. There was this crazy driver driving violently on the road. That’s all.” Jaehwan says after gaining his consciousness. He ignores the death glare coming from the guy beside him.

“Oh my god! That’s so bad! Did you two get hurt? That driver should get jailed!”

“Mom, there’s no such crazy driver. Jaehwan was just exaggerating.” Taekwoon tells his upset mother. “and why would someone get jailed for driving? Makes no sense.” He manages to mumble the last part so that the others will not hear.

“It’s just a relief that you two are ok.” Mrs. Lee tries to calm the situation. “Here, have a glass of water and we can continue eating. We’ve ordered the most delicious food here for you.” Both Taekwoon and Jaehwan thank the woman.

Small chats fill the table until the foods come. Mostly the moms ask Taekwoon about his company and about Jaehwan’s future plan in Korea. From the conversation, Taekwoon knows that Jaehwan is currently in the middle of finding a new editor for his webtoon since the previous one was in Japan.

That is when they finish eating that Mrs. Jung starts to clear .

“My sons, Taekwoon and Jaehwan, about the marriage-”

“Mom, I’m sorry to interrupt but can I talk first?” Taekwoon looks at his mom with pleading eyes. He knows how his mother does not like to get interrupted. But he has to. Now or never. So, after he receives a nod from the older, he grabs Jaehwan’s hand, much to his surprise, and put their hands on the table.

“Jaehwan and I will get married. We agree to this marriage.” Taekwoon says confidently. Every scenario he wrote last night flows naturally in his brain and through his mouth. “It is not easy for us at first because we’ve separated for five long years but we realize that we really need each other.”

Taekwoon tries hard to keep focus even when he hears Jaehwan quietly sneering at his choice of word. But he is right though. They really need each other.

“And lastly, we would like the marriage to be held sooner.” Taekwoon ends his speech with a manly throat-clearing. He mentally pats himself for this and takes a note to buy nice snacks for himself and Neo for accompanying him until late last night, giving him the precious inspiration too.

The two moms look at each other, smiling happily at that. They even nod at each other before Mrs. Lee turns to look at the two men.

“Thank you, Taekwoon-ah. I know I can trust Jaehwan in your hands.” She says with teary eyes making the guys confused.

“Eomma, you’re not a kid. What’s with the tears?” Jaehwan tries to joke only to make the woman’s tears flow for real.

“Lee Jaehwan, I’m not crying because of sadness. I’m happy. I’m so happy that someone as mature as Taekwoon is seriously willing to take good care of my twenty-seven years old child who still acts like a kid!”

Taekwoon nearly laugh at Mrs. Lee’s words. Jaehwan is indeed immature. As for him, is he mature? Oh yes, he is.

“I am not!” Jaehwan pouts, making the two moms laugh at his cuteness. Well, it is a well-known fact that he is cute. Like a child.

“Don’t worry, eomma. I’ll take care of Jaehwan. No matter how immature he is, I’ll teach him everything!” Taekwoon holds Jaehwan’s hand even tighter. He can sense Jaehwan’s glare because sure, he must feel Taekwoon’s mocking tone in his words.

“Omo! I’m so happy that you still call me eomma too. I thought you wouldn’t since that was five years ago.” Mrs. Lee holds Taekwoon’s other hand.

“Ok enough with this. Let’s get to the real topic will we, Sunkyu?” Mrs. Jung finally opens after become a viewer for some minutes. Mrs. Jung and Mrs. Lee are bestfriends too. They are close that they call each other by their name.

“Oh right. Sorry, Sooyeon-ah.” Mrs. Lee releases Taekwoon’s hands and back leaning to her seat. “You may start.”

“Ok. Taekwoon, Jaehwan you two must know how happy moms and dads are. And actually we’ve planned everything too so you don’t have to worry.” Mrs. Jung begins. She seems satisfied along with Mrs. Lee but the two guys frown.

“You- everything have been planned?” Mrs. Jung nods at her son’s question.

“Yes actually we never thought that you two will think deeply like that. This marriage will still happen otherwise.”

Awkward.

Taekwoon wants to laugh. So he does. Now that he remembers, the parents indeed never ask about their opinion about this marriage. They just say that he and Jaehwan will get married. It is an arrange marriage after all. Only Taekwoon and Jaehwan who silently protest and complain at each other.

He hears Jaehwan laughs beside him. Their eyes meet and as if they tell each other how dumb they are. They are getting married!

“But boys, actually there is this one unfortunate situation.” Mrs. Jung continues, making the two men stop laughing at their stupidity. Mrs. Jung then looks at her friend.

“Yeah. So we actually plan for the party to be held next week.”  Mrs. Lee says, “and I’m sure you’re happy with that since you said for it to be sooner.”

Mrs. Lee is oblivious. She surely is because she misses the horrified look from the youngsters. It is already Thursday, so only three days left until they reach next week. They want it sooner, but to be this soon suddenly is a bit-

“But we have to postpone it. Sorry boys.” Their ears perk up at that. They look at each other to send silent congratulation messages before turns to Mrs. Lee who looks at Jaehwan. “Jaehwan-ah, your dad has to go back to Japan soon because some works have to be done and mom will have to accompany him.”

“What?” Jaehwan asks, still trying to catch his mother’s message.

“We have to go back to Japan tomorrow morning. That’s why we have to postpone the marriage until next month.”

“What about me?” Jaehwan stares at his mother like a little kid does not want to get separated from his mom. That is true though. He has been living with his parents this whole time.

“We’ve talked about it with Taekwoon’s parents. For the time being, you can live with him.” Taekwoon who is silent the whole time, finally looking up.

“Excuse me?”

“Yes, Taekwoon-ah. We, parents, have discussed it. It’s impossible for Jaehwan to keep living in the hotel. You two will live in your apartment too after the marriage anyway. So, take this good opportunity to take care of each other and maybe it will make you boys more prepared for the marriage life.” Mrs. Jung explains calmly.

Taekwoon and Jaehwan look at each other once again, sending unreadable glare that only the two of them could understand. Taekwoon is the one who look away first, calming himself by drinking his water.

“And you Jaehwan, be nice to Taekwoon. Take this chance to learn how to be a good wife.” Taekwoon chokes on his water listening to Mrs. Lee’s words. He tries hard not to laugh especially when he sees Jaehwan’s ambiguous expression. So he chooses to hide his smirk with the glass, pretending to drink more water only to choke for the second time at the hard jab on his side.

Lee freaking Jaehwan.

“Omo, Taekwoon hyung are you ok? Be careful when you drink.” The evil man pats Taekwoon’s back. Hard. And Taekwoon can do nothing but smile since the two elders are in front of them.

“Thank you, Jaehwan-ah. I’m better now.” He takes Jaehwan’s hand and squeezes it. Hard. The women are smiling while looking at their sons’ affectionate action.

If only they know…

 

---

 

After the long hours of bickering and Jaehwan finally done with his packing from the hotel, Taekwoon finally drives off to his apartment with Jaehwan sleepily yawns beside him. Well, starting from tonight, Jaehwan officially moves to Taekwoon apartment, making them living together. And of course, it is all the elders’ plans.

“Don’t sleep. I don’t want to deal with your heavy body.” Taekwoon nudges Jaehwan when he yawns for the second time.

“I won’t. I was just yawning.”

“And I know when you’re yawning, means that you’ll pass out five minutes later.”

“That’s an old habit. I’m not like that anymore.” Jaehwan defends himself and the older just sneers.

“Yeah sure~”

“Then talk to me if you don’t want me to sleep.” Jaehwan makes himself comfortable and turns to the other. Taekwoon keeps on driving without looking back but he nods.

“What do you want to talk about?” Jaehwan thinks for a moment.

“Hm…how long have you been living alone?”

“Since I started working, around 3 years ago.” Taekwoon replies, “my parents bought the apartment for me after I said I wanted to live alone.”

Jaehwan raises a brow at the explanation. If Taekwoon’s parents bought the apartment, it means the place must be a high class apartment, because it is the Jungs we are talking about. “Your place must be nice.”

Taekwoon nods. “Nice enough for me and Neo.”

“Neo?” Jaehwan frowns. Does Taekwoon live with someone else? But his mom and he himself said that he lives alone. No?

“Aah, you’ll meet him later. Don’t worry he’s a nice kid. I’ll introduce you to him.” Taekwoon smiles a happy smile, Jaehwan frowns even deeper. It sounds…wrong.

“A kid? You have a kid?”

“What do you mean, Jaehwan?”

“You said he’s a nice kid. So you adopted a kid or what?” Jaehwan narrows his eyes to investigate the older’s face. “How old is he?”

Taekwoon chuckles a little before nods, “Yes, I adopted him two years ago when he’s some months old. He’s actually my friend’s but he couldn’t raise Neo so I took him instead.” Jaehwan feels his blood boils inside at Taekwoon’s story. So he does not even realize when he slaps the dashboard hard, startling Taekwoon who is too engrossed in driving.

“What the , Jaehwan?!”

“Just what’s wrong with you and your friend?! That’s not how you treated your child! What kind of a person your friend is that he’s even willing to give away his kid just because he what? Couldn’t effort to raise him??!” Jaehwan screams his lungs out at the shock Taekwoon, “and from your story, he’s now two years old and you left him alone in your house?! WHAT THE IS WRONG WITH YOU, JUNG TAEKWOON?! I know you’re better than this! But I can report you two for the child abuse!!”

Taekwoon blinks as Jaehwan tries to maintain his breath, finally realizing that they are no longer moving. “Why are you stop?”

Taekwoon finally comes back to life and looks around. “Huh? Oh we’re here already. Let’s go.”

Jaehwan is still angry, Taekwoon knows that. So he chooses to walk ahead with the luggage, leaving the younger to walk behind with a small bag of his other things. The elevator ride is awkward as hell that Taekwoon prays for it to get faster.

“I’ll take care of him.” Jaehwan finally talks. Taekwoon turns to look at him confused.

“What?”

“You already make a mess. So let’s just fix it and take good care of him. I’ll help you too.” Taekwoon sighs because clearly, the misunderstanding becomes too far.

“Look, Jaehwan actually Neo is-”

“What? Is he sick?! Do you even do your proper job as a father?!” Jaehwan interrupted. And Taekwoon who is about to explain everything, taken a back by Jaehwan questioning his father status. Taekwoon is offended.

“Of course I do! Don’t underestimate me!”

“We’ll see, Jung Taekwoon. We’ll see.”

The elevator dings at the destination floor, the 11th. Taekwoon once again leads the way and stops in front of his apartment.

“We’re here.” He says as he presses on the password. “That’s the password. Remember it or you’ll never get to go in.”

“Ronaldo eh?” Jaehwan chuckles.

“Shut up!”

Once they walk in, Jaehwan is welcomed with a simple yet luxurious looking apartment. As he predicted, the place is a high class apartment but just like Taekwoon’s style, the decorations are all simple and unique.

He takes off his shoes and puts them on the shoe-rack, following Taekwoon’s example. And lastly, he puts on the slippers before walking in, continue looking around as he remembers something. But before he gets to ask Taekwoon, the latter sing-songs calling the name hanging at the edge of his tongue.

“Neo-yaaaa~”

Jaehwan’s eyes widen. Is Taekwoon crazy? How can he call the kid’s name like calling a pet?! But Jaehwan’s eyes grow even wider, along with dropped jaw, as a grey tabby cat walks out lazily from one of the room, most likely Taekwoon’s room, and into Taekwoon’s open arms. The older snuggles his face into the cat’s belly.

“Neo-yaa, appa miss you so much!”

That is it! Jaehwan is so done and he wants nothing but destroying this entire apartment!

 

---

 

“What’s with the atmosphere?” Sanghyuk asks as soon as he steps into his brother’s apartment. He walks in to be greeted by a cold atmosphere that makes him shivers and the sight of his older brother sitting on the couch with his precious Neo curling on his lap. Then another person is walking out from the kitchen. Both have frown on their faces.

“You didn’t tell me Neo is a cat!”

“I was about to but you kept interrupting me!”

“Way to make an excuse! You make me look like an idiot!”

“It’s not like you’re not.”

“YAH!!”

“What the heck?!”

Both males turn their attention to the youngest standing in front of the doorway. Sanghyuk is about to say something to calm the situation when a cushion hits his face.

“That’s for cursing at your elder.” Sanghyuk is so dumbfounded now. First, getting forced to wake up early again. Then, walking in to a childish fight. And last, getting a hard morning kiss from a cushion?? He glares at his brother who has his attention back to the television. Walking closer, he throws his body on the coach next to the older.

“What makes you here so early, Sanghyuk-ah?” Jaehwan asks as he takes a seat near the brothers.

“Did mom send you again? What’s the deal now?”

“Actually yes. Mom woke me up too early again to give you this.” Sanghyuk takes out an envelope from his backpack, handing it to Taekwoon. “seriously though, why me? Why am I always the delivery man here? Maybe I should start setting some delivery price?”

“Maybe you should teach Luck to be responsible so he can do it when you retire.” Jaehwan laughs slightly listening to the siblings’ conversation. Now that he remembers, it was five years ago the last time he saw Luck, the Jung’s puppy or maybe a big dog now.

“Dad would kill me if I do. He loves Luck more than us though.” Another laugh escapes Jaehwan's lips. That is exactly the same thing Taekwoon and Sanghyuk always complained years ago. How their father loves Luck more than his actual sons, calling the puppy as his youngest son.

“Well then stop complaining and do your job.” Taekwoon says as he opens the envelope and frowns, “what’s with this money, Sanghyuk-ah?”

Sanghyuk shrugs, “Mom wants the two of you to buy rings. Kinda unofficial engagement ring while waiting for the actual wedding.”

Taekwoon looks at Jaehwan who does the same. They stare at each other until Jaehwan speaks.

“I don’t think that’s necessary. I mean the wedding is next month. Buying rings which later will be replaced at the wedding, isn’t that a waste of money?” Taekwoon nods while Sanghyuk sighs.

“Actually she doesn’t want other people getting close to either of you, hyungs. Considering how handsome you two are. That’s what mom said ok, I never say you’re handsome. So, she thought if you wear a ring, people will know immediately that you’re taken.”

Taekwoon scoffs at Sanghyuk’s explanation. He never thinks that far but still, they can just tell whoever person straight in their face that they’re taken right?

“Tell mom that we’re ok. I’ll make sure no one dare to flirt with Jaehwan otherwise they want to get broken nose and bedridden for a month.” Taekwoon says casually, then turns to Jaehwan signaling the younger to speak.

“Ugh, yeah. And I will rip whoever getting too close to Taekwoon hyung.” Sanghyuk stares dumbfounded at the two olders in front of him. Jaehwan with a satisfied face and Taekwoon with a confident nod.

“Yeah of course~ Mom must be so happy to hear this. And surely she won’t ask you to buy rings but a chain to keep you two still so no one will become a criminal.” Sanghyuk says sarcastically only to receive a whack on his head.

“But a ring? I really thing it’s not necessary.” Jaehwan shrugs.

“Why make it difficult? Just buy rings and everything’s done!” Sanghyuk whines at the stubborn males. “Don’t you pity me, Jaehwan hyung? I came just to give you guys those money.”

Sanghyuk tries hard showing his cute-but-pitiful face. That face never fails to convince Jaehwan to do whatever he wants ever since they were children. Even though years have passed, he is still trying. Maybe Jaehwan still has that soft spot for his cute face.

And Sanghyuk knows he is right when he sees Jaehwan sighs.

“Fine, let’s just do it.”

 

---

 

“This one is cute!”

“Ugh, no.”

“But it’s good for an engagement ring!”

“I said no.”

Sanghyuk shakes his head at the view in front of him. Taekwoon and Jaehwan as usual bicker about everything and today’s topic is a ring. It is already almost two hours and they still have not decided which ring they will buy. Instead of picking the ring, they more like picking a fight on each other.

Don’t ask how Sanghyuk ends up following them to this jewelry store. The only thing he knows was when he got dragged by Taekwoon and they ended up here.

“Let’s pick a simple one. It’s only for a month. Buy the cheapest one.” Taekwoon says firmly to the pouting Jaehwan who then replies sassily.

“Cheapest one? Then why don’t we just dig into out childhood things for that Power Ranger rings? We had the matching one though. Mine’s blue and yours is red!”

“Good idea. Let’s just do that. It’s perfect for me.” They continue glaring at each other until Sanghyuk, who finally gets enough with the situation, speaks up.

“I refuse!” Both Taekwoon and Jaehwan frown to Sanghyuk. “Then does that make me engaged too? I also have one remember? Mine’s yellow.”

That is right. They were always playing together when they were a kid. So it was so common to see the three of them wearing something similar. The Power Ranger rings were one of the examples.

“Forget about the Power Ranger ok. Just pick random ring and go home!” The youngest starts whining again. “Don’t you feel sorry to that noona? She’s there for two hours already!” He points to the employee standing awkwardly behind the counter.

“Fine then, Sanghyuk-ah you pick the ring for us.” Jaehwan decides, earning an are-you-kidding-me look from Taekwoon. He sighs and crosses his arms. “It’s better, Taekwoon or else we’ll be here for another ten hours.”

Taekwoon is still hesitant because he knows what kind of person his brother is. But after Jaehwan nudges him, he gives up and nods. With that, the youngest smiles widely and happily skips to the counter he has been eyeing since the first time they get there.

And Taekwoon senses trouble.

 

---

 

 

 

 

       I AM SORRYYYY ><

I know I said before that this chapter will be about Keo’s new life. Originally, the third chapter is about their marriage but some changes happened and I ended up reorganized the story.

I hope you’re ok with it T___T

Thank you all for the subscribes, comments, and even the upvote!! Having 50+ subscribers is something new for me :* :*

If you notice, actually there are VIXX members who haven’t made any appearance in this story but don’t worry~ everyone will be here and they will have important roles kkkk

       One of them will make his first appearance in the next chapter.

 

 

       Until then…SEE YOU~