chapter 2

The playboy

Saturday: 9:00 AM 

Jackson ran on the treadmill. He listened to music through the head phones as he ran. His body was drenched in sweat. He sped up his pace going faster and faster. He was in his own world until someone yanked the headphones out of his ears. Turning off the treadmill, Jackson stopped. He looked at the person. “Mark…what are you doing here?” Jackson asked as he breathed rapidly and heavily. “Um did you forget that we have to shop for my suit?” Mark asked. Jacksons sighed. “You can go by yourself…and besides..I don’t really feel like going to the ball Mark.” Jackson replied. Mark scoffed. “Oh come on…so I came all the way down here for nothing...” Mark said in frustration. Jackson chuckled. “Uh no actually..I need a spotter.” Jackson responded. Mark scoffed as he slapped Jackson in the arm. “OW!” Jackson said as he rubbed his arm. “Whatever man.” Mark said. “Son.” A familiar voice called. Mark and Jackson looked at the door. “Dad?…what…what are you doing here?” Jackson asked. “I came to talk to you.” His father answered. Jackson slightly smirked as he grabbed walked to the mini fridge. Grabbing a water bottle, Jackson spoke. “Wow dad..that’s the first…what did I do now?” Jackson asked. His father looked at him. “Do you have a suit for the ball son?” His father asked as he watched Jackson gulped the water down. Jackson looked at his father. “Jackson doesn’t want to go to the ball sir.” Mark answered. His father looked at Mark and then back at Jackson. “You’re going.” His father ordered. Jackson’s eyebrows furrowed. “It’s just a stupid ball dad—“ Jackson was cut off. “You’re going to the ball, end of discussion..” His father said sternly. “But why do I have to go??” Jackson said whining like a baby. “Are you going to be the reason why we’re gonna lose everything??…would we live in this house if it wasn’t for this company?..would you have your own private butler if it wasn’t for this company?..would you have your Mercedes if it wasn’t for this company—“ His father was cut off. “Yeah yeah I get it..” Jackson said as he sighed. "Jackson this is important..and you know it is...I will not allow you to make the Wang family look bad….you will go to the ball.” His father explained. Jackson sighed under his breath. “Fine.” Jackson said raising his hands in the air in defeat. “Maybe you’ll meet a nice rich woman whom can get your act straight.” His father replied sternly before leaving. the room. Jackson looked at Mark. “Let’s go to the mall then.” Jackson said in frustration as he clenched his jaw. 

The alarm rang. Krystal groaned as she reached for her alarm clock, turning it off. She sat up and groaned when she remembered she made plans with her mother to go shopping. Still with her eyes half closed, Krystal got out of bed and headed out her room. She walked down the stairs as she yawned. Krystal’s eyes shot wide open when she heard something crash in the kitchen. “Mom?” Krystal called. She cautiously walked to the kitchen.  “Krystal!” Her mother, Melissa said as she tried to get dress. Krystal sighed. “Really mom?” Krystal asked in disgust. Melissa smiled. “Sorry honey—“ Melissa was cut off. “Where is he?” Krystal asked. Melissa rolled her eyes as she placed her hand on her hip. “Babe…get out of the closet.” Melissa said. After two seconds, the closet door opened and a man walked out. Krystal covered her eyes due to the sight. “Oh god, he’s !!..and his..his thing—“ Krystal was cut off. "Krystal you’re old enough to call is a …or a …or a —“ Melissa was cut off. “MOM!!” Krystal yelled as she uncovered her eyes. Turning around, Krystal rolled her eyes. “He looks like he’s 25 mom.” Krystal said. “I’m actually 28.” He replied. Krystal scoffed. “I actually don’t care..why have in the kitchen?? shouldn’t you at least start in the bed room?..you know what..don’t answer that..” Krystal said before she crossed her arms around her chest. Melissa chuckled. “Honey…listen..we didn’t do it on the kitchen table..nor the counters…but on the floor—“ Melissa was cut off. “Gosh mom, I did not need to hear that!” Krystal said as she covered her ears. “Maybe I should..go.” The guy said. Melissa nodded before she picked up his clothes. Krystal waited for him to finally put on his pants. “You can turn around now sweetie.” Melissa said. She watched as the two gave kissed. “Call me.” He said. Melissa nodded. “I will.” She replied. He then began to walk out of the kitchen. Melissa looked at Krystal. “Your invitation for the ball is on the table.” Melissa said with excitement. Krystal sighed.”Whatever.” Krystal replied. Krystal scoffed. “Now…go get ready..we have to go the mall remember?” Melissa said as she walked to the fridge. Krystal scoffed. “I know, I know.” Krystal said before she exited the kitchen. 

Jackson and Mark walked around in the mall. The two held the bags of clothes that they brought. The two headed to the food court. They ordered their pizza and waited. “Can you pay for mine?” Mark asked. Jackson looked at Mark. “No.” Jackson answered simply. Mark looked at Jackson. “You love me right?” Mark said. Jackson sighed as he nodded. “Then pay for it please.” Mark pleaded using his puppy eyes. Jackson scoffed. “Noooo.” Jackson replied shaking his head. Mark began to lean towards Jackson. Looking at him weirdly, Jackson spoke. “What are you doing?” He asked. “Pay for it please.” Mark said. “No..you have your own money..use it.” Jackson responded. Mark nodded. “Okay okay…” Mark said. Mark then grabbed Jackson’s arm holding him still. Sticking out his tongue, Mark then leaned in to Jackson’s face. “Oh no no no.” Jackson said struggling out of Mark’s grip. “Buy me it!!” Mark said sticking out his tongue. Jackson shook his head as he tried to get out of his grip. Jackson cringed as Mark’s tongue touched his cheek. “Ahhh!! Araso Araso araso…” Jackson said. Mark then let go of Jackson. “Thank you.” Mark said with a grin. Wiping his cheek, Jackson glared at Mark. “You know I hate it when you do that.” Jackson said in aggravation. Mark smiled. “i know.” He replied. After at least a few minutes, they finally got their food. “Thank you.” Jackson said. The woman nodded. “You two are so cute together…how long have you been together??” The woman replied with a smile. Jackson and Mark glanced at each other before looking at the woman. “Oh we’re not—“ Jackson was cut off. “We’re not together.” Mark finished. The woman looked at the two in shock. “Oh..um…I’m sorry…I thought..after that moment..you two were..together..” She said awkwardly. Jackson and Mark shook their heads. “No we’re not together.” The two said simultaneously. The woman apologized once more. Mark and Jackson scoffed as they walked away. “Why do people think we’re gay?? Do you know how many females I slept with?” Jackson asked. Mark nodded. “I know right…but if I was gay, I would totally go out with you.” Mark replied. “If I was gay I would go out with you too.” Jackson responded. The two paused for a moment. “Ohhh…now I can see why they think that…” Jackson said. Mark nodded. “Yeah…” Mark said. 

Krystal sighed as she entered Victoria secret. She walked around, looking for bras and underwear’s. She glanced at her phone, checking the time. “Aish…it doesn’t take that long to get a guys number mom..” Krystal muttered. As she looked around, she took a couple of bras and underwear’s. Walking to the cash register, she paid for her items and then went on her way. She sighed as she walked out the store. She managed to make a fool out of herself, bumping into a familiar figure. She fell to the ground, dropping her bags causing some of the items to fall out. “Sorry.” A familiar voice said. Looking up at the person, Krystal sighed. “Krystal?” He asked as he helped her up. Krystal nodded. “Jackson?..” She said. He nodded. Krystal looked at him with wide eyes as he picked up her bras and underwear's that fell out. “um…this is..very y undergarments.” Jackson said with a smirk as he picked up the shopping back, along with the items that fell out. Snatching it from him, Krystal then spoke. “Thank you, I guess...” She said awkwardly. Jackson nodded. Before he could even reply, someone in the distance spoke.  “Krystal! There you are!” Melissa, her mother said as she walked to her. Krystal sighed. “Hi..are you Krystal’s friend?” Melissa asked as she looked at Jackson. “Um..no mom we’re actually not—“ Krystal was cut off. “Yeah..we actually have class together.” Jackson said. Melissa nodded as she smiled. “Are you going to the ball as well?” Melissa asked. “Yeah, I am.” Jackson replied with a smile causing Krystal to curse under her breath. Melissa smiled. "Oh wow that’s great!!..Maybe you can accompany her to the ball—“ Melissa was cut off. “Um no mom that’s not necessary—“ Krystal was cut off as well. “I would love to accompany her at the ball.” Jackson said with a bright smile. Krystal looked at Jackson giving him the what-the- look. Melissa then tapped Krystal’s arm. “See Krystal..this is the outcome when you actually talk to people.” Melissa said. Krystal nodded slowly with an awkward smile. “Oh well um..I’ll let you guys talk..” Melissa said before she walked away, and headed in Victoria secret. Krystal looked at Jackson. “Why the hell would you tell her that??” Krystal asked. Jackson slightly smirked. “Because I know it’ll get on your nerves.” Jackson answered simply. Krystal scoffed. “Great…now she’s gonna bug me all day about you.” Krystal replied with frustration. A chuckle escaped. Krystal scoffed. “Oh you think this is funny?” Krystal said with aggravation. Jackson shook his head as he chuckled. “No..no it’s not..” Jackson said as he busted out laughing. Krystal smacked him in the arm. Jackson looked at Krystal. “You just assaulted the star quarterback.” Jackson said in disbelief. “Well…maybe I wouldn’t if you weren’t such a .” Krystal responded with a bright smile before she turned around and headed to the store. Jackson scoffed as he watched her walking away. 

Krystal sighed as she walked in the house, being followed by her mother. “That boy was nice…" Melissa said as she put her bags down. “Yeah whatever…” Krystal replied as she put her stuff down. Walking in the living room, Krystal threw herself on the couch. Melissa sighed. “What’s the matter honey?” Melissa asked as she leaned against the wall with her arms crossed on her chest. Krystal glanced at her mother. “I don’t think I should go to the ball.” Krystal said. “What are you talking about?” Melissa asked. “I told Luna that I would go but..I don’t really want to—“ Krystal was cut off. “Ah ah ah..no buts…you’re going to the ball and that’s final.” Melissa said. Krystal shook her head. “Mom it’s not my scene—“ Krystal was cut off. “Krystal no one will know who is who…” Melissa paused for a moment. Walking to the couch, Melissa moved Krystal’s legs. As she sat down, Melissa spoke.  “And besides..maybe you’ll meet prince charming.” Melissa said with a smile plastered on her face. Krystal scoffed. “There is no such thing as prince charming…everyone in my school are jerks..” Krystal replied. Melissa sighed. “Krystal—“ Melissa was cut off. “What?..I’m just being realistic.” Krystal said. “Why do you say that?” Melissa asked as looked at her daughter. Krystal sighed. “Mom..everything works a certain way at my school…it’s all about the stupid cliques…which is so outdated but who cares right?…I mean..you got the jocks, the cheerleaders, the geeks, the goths etc etc….but everything falls in line with the cheerleaders and the jocks.…and if you don’t listen to them..then you’re done for…and I never listened...so..I’m done for…” Krystal explained. Melissa shook her head. “Why didn’t you tell me this?” Melissa asked. Krystal sighed once more. “It’s not that important…and you’re too busy with work..and your men.” Krystal answered ending it with a bright smile. Melissa scoffed. She looked at Krystal. “I have a question Krystal…and I want you to answer it honestly.” Melissa said. Krystal looked at her mom and nodded. “…Do you believe in love?” Melissa asked cautiously. Krystal glanced at her. “I mean…yeah but…I don’t…I don’t have time for that..” Krystal answered. Melissa looked at her in confusion. “I’m busy with school and other things.” Krystal said as she sighed. Melissa scoffed. “Krystal…you never even had your first kiss—“ Melissa was cut off. “You told me to focus on school..and I should…I don’t have time for a boyfriend.” Krystal said. Before Melissa could even reply, Krystal stood up from the couch. “I’m gonna go make myself something to eat.” Krystal said before she exited the living room. 

Note: Hope you guys like this chapter!! Please comment what you guys think about it! :)