chapter 1

The playboy

Friday:

“COME ON BOYS WE DON’T HAVE ALL DAY!!” The coach yelled. The two teens stopped. “I take back what I said before…practice…is more exhausting than math..”  Mark said as he tried to regain his breath. Jackson chuckled and patted Mark on the back. “Oh come on Mark..you don’t become a pro over night..unless you’re me.” Jackson said before he began to run again. Mark scoffed before he began to run as well. “Look on the bright side…we get to skip class..” Jackson said as the two ran. Mark scoffed once more. “So it’s better to be next to sweaty guys and be away from the hot babes in our classes that would practically do anything for us?” Mark asked. Jackson thought for a moment as they ran. “Good point.” Jackson answered.The two quickly managed to catch up the team and immediately surpassed them. After they ran, each teen began to take on their own activities. Their coach blew his whistle which was a signal to stop.  They all ran to him immediately. “Kids..we have a game in 4 weeks against an undefeated team—“ The coach was cut off. “Um coach..we’re undefeated as well.” Jackson said. They all chuckled. “That’s true..which is why we have to beat them…to stay undefeated—“ Coach..question.” Mark said. Everyone looked at Mark. “What is it mark?” Coach said in a annoyance. “How would we defeat an undefeated team?” Mark asked. “I bet they're asking their coach same question.” Jackson replied causing everyone to engage into a conversation. The coach scoffed. Blowing his whistle, they all shut their mouths and look at him. “...you guys will practice..and practice hard…” The coach paused before he began to pace around. “...and we will destroy them….we will win the championship and stay undefeated….NOW LET ME HEAR YOU ROAR!” The coach said causing the teens to roar. “Now hop in the showers and get cleaned up.” The coach ordered. They all then began to head back to the showers immediately. 

“Hey Jackson, You going to the ball sunday?” Mark asked as the got dressed. Jackson shrugged as he opened his locker, getting his clothes out. “I don’t know..a masquerade ball..really?..they couldn’t have thought of anything better?..and why sunday??” Jackson replied. Mark scoffed. “Jackson the purpose of this was to have fun…think about all of the hot babes surrounding us—“ Mark was cut off. “How would we even know if they’re such hot babes if we can’t even see under their masks?” Jackson asked in annoyance. Mark looked at Jackson. “Trust me..a mask will never hide a beauty..” Mark replied as he put on his shoes. Jackson scoffed as he began to get dressed. “I don’t know..I don’t think it’s my scene..” Jackson said. Mark scoffed. “Jackson you’re the star quarterback…everyone is gonna want you there and aside from being an athlete..you dance…and freaking rap…and you’re also good looking—“ Mark was cut off. “You think I’m good looking?” Jackson asked as he pointed at himself. Mark stood up and nodded. “Yeah..if I were a girl..I would’ve totally went after you.” Mark answered. Jackson patted Mark’s shoulder. “I would’ve went after you too—“ Jackson was cut off. “Okay your bromance has gone too far.” Yugyeom said as he walked in with a towel wrapped around his waist. Jackson and Mark scoffed. “You just wish you had a friendship like ours.” Mark said. Yugyeom chuckled. “You mean a relationship where on the outside it appears that you two are gay?…yeah I’m okay.” Yugyeom said before he opened his locker. “Everyone knows we’re not gay—“ Mark and Jackson was cut off. “Try having one of you’re little bromance conversations in front of a loner at this school who doesn’t care for knowing anything about us..they’ll think you’re gay..” Yugyeom said getting his clothes out. Mark and Jackson looked at each other. “Good point.” They said simultaneously. 

The bell rang. Krystal immediately exited the class room, speed walking towards the library. Although it was definitely lunch, Krystal chose to do something productive. She froze when she heard her name in the announcement. “Krystal Jung, Please report to the guidance office.” Krystal sighed gripping her textbooks tight along with her pens and highlighters, as her shoulders fell. She turned around making her way to the guidance office. Walking inside, she closed the door behind her. “Ah Krystal please take a seat.” The guidance counselor said. Krystal sat down as she was told. “Why did you want to see me?” Krystal asked. “Krystal..I want to talk about the constant confrontations you have been into lately..” The woman said. Krystal sighed. “What’s been going on Krystal?” The woman asked. “The girls were ganging up on me..I had to fight back..” Krystal answer. “Krystal we talked about this…focus on your education…You’re a smart girl...you’re graduating this year…try to do it with no problems.” The guidance counselor replied. Krystal nodded. “The principal doesn’t want to do any harsh punishments on you..you’ll have to help clean up the library after school for two weeks.” The woman said. Krystal sighed. “Will I at least be able to read some of the books?” Krystal asked. The woman smiled. “You’re always trying to learn something new…I’m shocked they never wanted you to skip a grade..or a couple of them.” The woman said brightly. Krystal smiled as she stood up. “Can I be dismissed?” Krystal asked. The woman nodded. “Please let this be the last time you get in trouble Krystal.” The woman replied. Before Krystal stood up, the woman spoke once more. “Krystal…are you by any chance going to the ball this sunday?” The woman asked. Krystal looked at her for a moment before she shook her head. The woman frowned. “Krystal you need to go and have fun..who knows…you might even make a couple of friends..” The woman said. Krystal sighed before she stood up and then left the office. 

Walking out of the room, Krystal managed to make a fool out of herself, bumping into the star quarterback. Her heavy textbooks fell to the floor along with her pens and highlighters. “Aishh..” Krystal said in a bothered tone as she dropped to her knees and started to pick up her pens and highlighters, then headed to her books. As she reached for her math textbook, the star quarter back grabbed the text book. She look up at him as she stood up. “You should watch where you’re going.” He said as he handed her the textbook. Krystal grabbed the textbook. Before she could even reply, a familiar figure popped up. “Jackson!” A girl with a bright tone said. Jackson sighed. “Suzy..” Jackson said unamused. “Fancy seeing you here.” Suzy said trying to make a conversation. Krystal looked at the two awkwardly “Suzy…we’re in school—“ Jackson was cut off. “Um well thank you for helping me….now I’m just gonna go..” Krystal said. Suzy stopped Krystal from moving. “Did you just interrupt him?” Suzy said in anger. Krystal looked at Suzy. “Um..yeah..it was kind of my way trying to exit this awkward moment.” Krystal answered simply. Suzy scoffed. “Do you even know who he is?…he’s the—“ Suzy was cut off. “Yeah, I know who he is..he’s the star quarter back who is freaking golden blah blah blah.” Krystal nonchalantly said. Jackson looked at the two. “Suzy..just go—“ Jackson was cut off. “Krystal you really have the nerve don’t you…Jackson is the star quarterback…he raps, sings, dances..he can do anything…It really annoys me that—“ Suzy was cut off as well. “Well Your stupidity annoys me.” Krystal said unbothered. A slight smirk appeared on Jackson’s face as he watched the two girls. “How dare you, you —“ Suzy was cut off. “What..you’re gonna start telling me how I should obey the popular students?..tell me how I am a low life so I have no right to talk back to you?…oh please suzy..you may have all of these students bowing down to you..but please..do not mistake me for one of them.” Krystal said with a matter of fact tone. “You little—“ Suzy was cut off. “I think this conversation is done.” Krystal said before she walked away. Suzy scoffed as she watched her walk away. However, Jackson couldn’t admit it but he was by such actions that Krystal has displayed. “Who was that?” Jackson asked in amusement. “Krystal Jung…she’s a nobody..” Suzy answered in anger. Jackson chuckled. “She’s clearly somebody..” Jackson muttered as he watched Krystal walk away swaying her hips in rhythmic action. 

Krystal sighed as she headed to the library. “Hey Mr.B” Krystal said as she walked in. “Oh hi Krystal…we have a new set of books you may like.” Mr.B said as he cleaned his glasses. Krystal smiled and nodded. “Thanks.” She responded, placing her textbooks on the empty table. She looked at her phone, checking the time. She sighed when she realized that little confrontation earlier took to a lot of time. She placed her bag down on the table as well before she headed to the book shelves. Her fingers traced the bookshelf as she looked around. “Boo!” A familiar figure jumped out from hiding behind the bookshelf, causing Krystal to jump. “Luna! That’s not funny!” Krystal said as she smacked her best friend’s arm. Luna giggled. “What are you doing here?” Krystal asked. Luna scoffed slightly as she displayed a bright smile. “I wanted to get a book..” Luna said. Krystal looked at Luna. “Luna..what are you really doing here?” Krystal asked. Luna’s smile disappeared as she sighed. “Fine...I feel really bad…I mean..I never hang with you during school…it must be lonely..” Luna said frowning. Krystal sighed. “I’m fine Luna..just focus on your cheerleading…and just..doing you..” Krystal replied. Luna looked at Krystal before she gave her a tight hug. Releasing her, Luna smiled. “They're sending out invitations to the ball today...Are you gonna go?” Luna asked. Krystal sighed before she began to search for a book once again. “No..” She answered. Luna frowned as she followed her best friend around. “Wait…so the first time your mom lets you go out knowing that you could potentially screw someone…you decide not to go?” Luna asked. Krystal scoffed slightly. “I just…I just don’t think it’s my scene.” Krystal answered. Luna scoffed. “Krystal..it’s a masquerade ball..everyone could go…no one will know who you are…” Luna tried to explain. “Luna—“ Krystal was cut off. “Please Krystal. “Luna pleaded as she used her aegyo. Krystal sighed. “Okay..” Krystal said finally giving in. Luna jumped in excitement. Krystal giggled. Finally calming down, Luna grabbed a random book from the shelf. She looked at the book and smiled. “Oh look..the human body.” Luna said pointing at the book. Krystal turned around, looking at the book. “I at least read that 3 times.” Krystal replied. Luna giggled. “Of course you have.” Luna said as she laughed.