chapter 3

The playboy

Sunday:   

Krystal walked down the stairs quickly as she put her hair in a pony tail. She wore a white tank top, black leggings, and her black and white converse sneakers. She also had a black arm strap that held her iPhone. Walking to the kitchen, she walked to the fridge. “Good morning.” Her mother said, holding her cup of coffee. Krystal nodded. “Morning.” Krystal replied as she opened the fridge. Her mother watched her as she grabbed a bottle of water. She immediately left the kitchen and headed towards the door. Her mother immediately followed. “Krystal.” Her mother called causing her to stop. Krystal sighed as she turned around, facing her mother. “Yes?” Krystal said. “Where do you think you’re going??” Melissa asked. “Oh I’m going out for a run.” Krystal answered simply. Melissa scoffed as she shook her head. “No no no you will not!!” Melissa replied rapidly. “Mom—“ Krystal was cut off. “The ball is today Krystal!! Everything needs to be perfect!!…we have to go do your hair and your nails…I mean if you weren’t resisting to go in the first place, all of this would already be done…oh and you have to go Luna’s house and get ready!!” Melissa said. Krystal sighed. “Mom can I just..not go—“ Krystal was cut off. “NO NO NO!! YOU WILL GO TO THE BALL!!” Melissa yelled. Krystal groaned in aggravation. “Fine..” Krystal said, raising her hands in defeat. Melissa smiled. “Great!! It’s still early meaning you only have a couple of hours to get ready—“ Melissa was cut off. 

“Mom I have a lot of time..the ball doesn’t start until 7.” Krystal said. Melissa scoffed. “Listen young lady, you will do this and you will do this right. You will look beautiful and y and wonderful for this ball and you will have a great time, you understand me??” Melissa said with a serious tone. Krystal sighed and nodded. “Yes mom.” Krystal replied. “Okay now let me go and get my purse and we will head to Luna’s house.” Melissa said. Before Krystal could even say anything, Melissa ran upstairs to her room to get her purse. Krystal sighed as she leaned against the door. “I can’t believe I’m doing this..” Krystal muttered. She jumped up upon seeing her mom running down the stairs. “Okay let’s go.” Melissa said. Krystal sighed as both exited the house. Both went to the car and entered. Krystal put on her seat belt as her mom the car. “Mom put on your seat belt.” Krystal ordered. Melissa nodded as she did as she was told. “I was gonna put it on.” Melissa said as she started driving. Krystal scoffed lightly. “Of course you were.” Krystal said in sarcasm. After a while, the two finally made it to Luna’s house. The two walked to the door and Melissa immediately knocked. Krystal sighed as they waited for a moment. The door finally opened revealing Luna who smiled brightly. “Ahhh I’m so excited!!!” Luna said in excitement. “I know right!!!” Melissa replied with a bright smile. Krystal scoffed. Before she could even say anything, both Melissa and Luna pulled her inside the house. 

3 hours before the ball: 

Jackson sighed as he got out the shower. He wrapped a white towel around his waist and headed out. He froze upon hearing a gasp. Looking to his left, he sees one of the maids. “Sorry!! I didn’t mean too Mr.Wang—“ The maid was cut off. “It’s alright and just call me Jackson.” jackson said calmly. The maid nodded. “I think I’m gonna wait till you’re finished um..Jackson.” The maid said before she turned around and began to walk towards the door. Jackson immediately went to her, grabbing her waist, causing her to gasp. “You want to know what I think?…I think you should stay…” Jackson said in a flirtatious tone causing the girl to blush. Before Jackson could reply, the door opened. The maid immediately removed Jackson’s hands off her waist. She immediately walked towards him. “Good morning Mr. Wang.” The maid said as she slightly bowed. Jackson’s father nodded. “Please leave us for a moment.” Jackson’s father said. The maid nodded before she left the room. Jackson sighed. “What do you want dad?” Jackson asked as he walked towards his drawers. “You will not embarrass yourself at the ball tonight son.” His father said. Jackson looked at his father and scoffed. “Whatever you say father.” Jackson replied. His father nodded. He was about to leave but then he stopped. He looked at Jackson. “And stop messing around with the maids.” His father ordered before he left the room. Jackson sighed in frustration. “What’s with him and this stupid ball.” Jackson muttered. He flinched upon hearing his name called. He looked towards the door, seeing his best friend. 

“Mark what are you doing here?” Jackson asked. “Well first we’re gonna go play ball and then we’re gonna get ready for the ball.” Mark answered. Jackson sighed once again. “Why is everyone so worked up on this ball?” Jackson asked looking at Mark. “Well for starters it’s a freaking ball…we have to go..we’re the star players of the football team..secondly we could end up meeting our princess.” Mark explained. Jackson scoffed. “Dude you’re eighteen and you believe in fairy tales.” Jackson replied. Mark scoffed. “Yeah and you should too…I mean we are fated to meet our princesses—“ Mark was cut off. “Dude there’s no such thing as fate.” Jackson said. Mark sighed. “Yeah yeah whatever..when you meet your girl I will so happy to tell you I told you so.” Mark responded. Jackson scoffed as he smiled. “Yeah I don’t think that day will ever come.” Jackson said chuckling. Mark chuckled as well. “Okay Dude get dressed your abs are disturbing me.” Mark said. Jackson looked at Mark. “Are you sure you’re not gay?” Jackson asked jokingly. Mark scoffed. “I’m not gay!!” Mark said as he put his hands on his hips. Jackson rose his eyebrows. “Yeah sure.” Jackson said in sarcasm. “Your abs are freaking better than mine so I’m disturbed.” Mark said trying to explain. “Yeah okay get out so I can get dressed.” Jackson replied. Mark scoffed. “Whatever!” Mark said walking out the room. 

A couple of hours later: 

“What time is it??” Melissa asked as she finished painting Krystal’s nails. Luna stopped doing Krystal’s makeup and picked up her phone, checking the time. “Oh my god it’s freaking six o’clock!!” Luna said with her eyes opened wide. Melissa jumped up. “Oh my god we gotta hurry up!!” Melissa said. Krystal sighed as the two began to panic. “Guys it’s okay—“ Krystal was cut off. “It is not okay!! Everything needs to be perfect!! I’m gonna go get the dress!!” Melissa said before she left the two girls. Krystal sighed. Luna immediately continued doing Krystal’s makeup. “I’m almost done with your makeup.” Luna said. “Yeah okay..” Krystal replied simply. Luna sighed. “Krystal I want you to have fun tonight..” Luna said. “Yeah.” Krystal responded. Melissa then walked in the room holding the dress. Luna looked at Melissa and moved out the way so Krystal could see. “Oh my god..” Krystal said, staring at the dress. Melissa smiled. “It’s beautiful isn’t it?” Melissa asked. Krystal nodded slightly. “So that’s what I’m wearing??” Krystal asked. Melissa and Luna scoffed. “Of course you’re wearing that!!” Luna answered. “It’s beautiful and it’ll look so good on you!! Especially because of your curves!” Melissa said in excitement. Krystal slightly smiled. “Okay I just need to finish your makeup and then you could get dress.” Luna said. Krystal nodded and let Luna finish her makeup. After a couple of minutes, Luna finally finished. “okay I’m done!!’ Luna said in excitement. Krystal nodded as she stood up. She walked towards her mother who was still holding the dress. “Wait..How much was this dress??” Krystal asked. Melissa scoffed. 

“That’s not important—“ Melissa was cut off. “Mom we don’t have money like that…we can’t just spend it on this…we need to pay the bills—“ Krystal was cut off as well. “Krystal just shut up. You’re a teenager…you’re suppose to be having fun not worrying about stuff like this…You deserve to have fun tonight…I want you to have good time…so please don’t worry about this..” Melissa said. Krystal sighed. “Fine…but I’m gonna keep the tag on so we could return it.” Krystal replied rapidly causing Melissa to chuckle. “Whatever just go put it on.” Melissa ordered as she handed her daughter the dress. Krystal nodded, grabbing the dress. She looked at Luna. “You get dressed too because I’m not going without you.” Krystal said. Luna slightly smiled. “Yeah.” Luna replied. Krystal nodded and then left going to Luna’s room. Krystal sighed as she undressed. Putting on a strapless bra, Krystal then put on the dress. She struggled trying to zip it up. Krystal flinched upon someone touching her hand. “I got it.” Melissa said. Krystal nodded letting her mother zip up her dress. Melissa quickly zipped it up. Krystal then put on her heels. Facing her mother, Krystal spoke. “How do I look??” Krystal asked. Melissa smiled brightly. “You look beautiful.” Melissa answered. “Okay come we got to go!” Luna said walking in the room. The two looked at Luna. “Okay.” Krystal replied. 

Luna parked the car and sighed. She looked at Krystal. “I can’t believe I’m doing this.” Krystal muttered as she unbuckled her belt. Luna unbuckled her seat belt as well. “Let’s go.” Luna said with a bright smile. Krystal slightly smiled and nodded. Both exited the car and began walking to the entrance. Krystal stopped for a moment causing Luna to stop as well. “Do I look okay?” Krystal asked. “Krystal you look amazing..now let’s go.” Luna answered. Krystal stood still not taking a single step. Luna sighed, grabbing Krystal's wrist and began pulling her. “Hey..” Krystal said as she pulled back causing both to stop walking. Luna looked at Krystal. “Krystal come on the ball has already started..we’re literally like an hour late.” Luna said. Krystal sighed. “I just...I just don’t think I could do this.” Krystal admitted. Luna sighed. “Krystal…how many times are we gonna go through this…no one will know who you are and—“ Luna was cut off. “It’s not that it’s just..what do you even do at a ball??..I mean I never even been to a party.” Krystal said. Luna looked at Krystal in disbelief. “Y-you’ve never been to a party?? What kind of life were you living?? A boring one??” Luna asked in disbelief. Krystal sighed. “This is so stupid, I’m just gonna go home.” Krystal replied before she began to walk away. Luna immediately grabbed Krystal. “No no no no no...We’re going inside..let’s go.” Luna responded. Krystal sighed. “I’m…I’m not even sure I can do this—“ Krystal was cut off. “You got this Krystal..you freaking got this..” Luna said. Krystal nodded. “I can do this.” Krystal replied. Luna smiled, linking arms with hers. “Of course you can.” Luna said. Krystal slightly smiled before the two finally entered the ball.