I need to protect you

Let Me Save You

When Miho opened her eyes she expected to be in a load of pain, so to be pain free was in itself a shocking discovery. She could only open her blackened eyes to slits, as they were both swollen. There was no "Where am I?" drama as she totally recalled getting herself as far as the hospital parking lot. She wondered about the green dinosaur... "How bad were her injuries, that she saw dinosaurs..well just one dinosaur to be honest" She begin her inspection by lifting her right arm..."Ahh...magic juice, no wonder there was no pain" There was a drip attached to her right hand. Her left hand felt heavy.... "Hmmm... She could tell it was fractured" Her body felt stiff and she knew that when those meds started wearing off then the pain would come. Her leg was bandaged.."I guess I should be happy that it's not broken too" she thought as she finished cataloging her injuries.

"Ahhh good morning Miss. Are you in any pain?" Miho turned to the cheerful nurse as she spoke. She slowly moved her head "No" in response. "Good, now that that has been established, Can you help catch us up with your details? I'm nurse Lee. I've already paged for Dr Jang, who is your attending Doctor" Miho tried to answer but was dry. On seeing this, nurse Lee fed her some ice chips, which helped soothe her enough to speak. "Let's start with your name, dear?" Nurse Lee asked. Miho lifted her hand to scratch her head ruefully, but was restricted by the drip.  She knew she would have to give them something..."Hmmm Miho?" she offered up. Nurse Lee raised an eyebrow at this, looking over the tired woman worriedly. "Ok Miho, it's a beautiful name. You may not want to speak to me dear, but you are going to have to talk your doctor. Your injuries sustained mean that it will need to be reported" she said, squeezing Miho's hand softly in understanding. The nurse continued puttering around as Miho gave in and let sleep take her under once again.

The next time Miho woke up, there was a pink haired guy in the room. "This really is good they dispense here" she whispered, barely audible, but the guy turned around and grinned at her. "Ah you are awake again angel" he confirmed as he lowered his voice and leaned towards her whispering "But we only give the good to special patients" Miho's breath hitched at so many things: the gorgeousness (if that's even a word) of this guy, that smile that almost split his face in half, not to mention the devine smell of him and then he had to go and wink as well. She gasped as he stepped back, giving her a chance to breathe again. "Jang Dongwoo, imnida, I'm your attending physician " he introduced himself bowing formally to her. Miho felt star struck as she nodded slowly in acknowledgement. 

Dongwoo could barely contain himself, he clenched his hand to stop from reaching over and pushing the flaming red hair off her face. His broken angel was so much more, now that she had been cleaned up. He finished reading up her chart. "Miho? may I call you that?  he asked, then continued at her tentative nod. "You can call me Dongwoo or Doc D. I'm going to have to ask you some important questions and I need you to be completely honest with me." Taking her hand he held it and started "If you would prefer a female doctor to do this or if you want a witness, please let me know at any time." Getting another nod, Dongwoo sighed wishing to hear her voice again, "Focus Dino", he said to himself.  Clearing his throat "The injuries that we treated you for, show all the signs of ongoing abuse. You have injuries on bruises that haven't healed yet and your X-rays show multiple healing and already healed breaks and fractures." Miho flushed in embarrassment as he continued. "We need to report this. I need to protect you" he said determinedly. 

Miho was silent. This was not the first "interrogation" she had been privy to, but she was surprised by the care & interest this doctor was showing. It almost seemed personal. He was currently standing and pacing in frustration. When he went to pull at his beautiful pink hair, she reached out and stopped him. "Mianhae, I can't tell you anything and not even you can save me" she said giving him a sad smile. She knew in her heart that it was only a matter of time... Her number was already up. She just had to stick it out a little while longer and keep this hot man out of harms way, No matter what.