Pain... I must be seeing things

Let Me Save You

Miho could barely move. Putting one foot in front of the other was taking more effort than she had expected. Every step jarred her body and her breath hitched as pain shot through her entire body. The entrance was so close, but she didn't think she could make it. "Oh God.... Everything hurts" she thought as she felt herself fall forward. She couldn't even brace for the impact and hoped that she wouldn't hurt more than she already did. Her last sight was of being caught by a green dinosaur. "Must be worse... Seeing things" she thought as she lost consciousness.

Dongwoo was cutting across the parking lot from the Pediatrics ward when he saw a redhead angel limping towards the emergency entrance. She seemed to struggle with every step and he picked up speed to assist when he saw her keel over. By sprinting he was just able to get under her and catch her in his arms. She mumbled about seeing things, just before she fainted. Dongwoo gently lifted her dead weight into his arms, careful of any injuries that she may have. She was light as a feather and seemed so fragile that his heart just broke. From what he could see her ankle was swollen, her arm was at an odd angle and there was a gash across her forehead. Even with her eyes almost swollen shut, she still looked like an angel to him. Albeit a broken angel...but still beautiful under all that hurt. Dongwoo felt an unusual wave of anger fill him up at the thought of anyone hurting this angel. He shifted her weight to bring her closer to his chest as he rushed through to emergency.

"I need a stretcher stat." He shouted as he breached the doors. "Female, age early 20s, unconscious, with a swollen ankle, laceration to her forehead, both eyes bruised, possible fracture on her right wrist. " I need her vitals taken ASAP before she is taken to X-rays to confirm fractures and to check for internal bruising. Also get her immediately onto a drip as she is severely dehydrated" The emergency staff jumped to attention and got down immediately to following his directions. "Yes Doc D" Nurse Ahn Yebin agreed, as Dongwoo gently placed his precious cargo onto the stretcher, although he was almost reluctant to leave her. He gently the blood matted hair away from her face and took over checking her vitals himself. Once the drip had been inserted nurse Ahn wheeled her away for X-rays. Only then did Dongwoo make his way out of emergency, with strict instructions to be notified when the X-rays were completed and or if the patient woke up..which ever happened first.