Moving On

Let Me Save You

It has been a few days since the Seong-ho incident. Even though Miho was feeling a lot better, she still had a long way to go. They were slowly weaning her off the pain meds, so she was now more alert and a whole lot bored. Even though Nurse Lee had been kind enough to bring her some books, she just wasn't used to staying still.  Miho pressed the buzzer and the angel of a nurse was soon in hovering over her. "Is there anyway I can get out of this room, Jebal? I'm going stir crazy" Miho begged. 

Nurse Lee gently brushed the hair off Miho's forehead as she contemplated options. Doc D had given instructions to take extra special care of his favourite patient. It was raining outside, so a trip to the gardens was out of the question. "How do you feel about children?" She asked Miho, thinking of an opportunity to help Miho and maybe do some matchmaking. She clapped enthusiastically at Miho's answer of "I love children". Time to get Miho to see Doc D at his very best. "I'll be back soon." She promised as she left to make arrangements.

The drips had been temporarily removed and nurse Lee had even brushed Miho's hair for her. Now she was being wheeled to the pediatrics ward, for the "Daily Show" as she was told it was called. Miho could hear childish laughter before they even reached the ward. All along the passage there were beautiful murals of cartoon and anime characters in bright cheerful colours. This trip was already picking up her spirits. Nurse Lee stopped at the doorway to the ward and Miho raised her hands to to keep silent. The sight in front of her pierced her heart with a mixture of joy, sorrow and love.... She had always found Doc D attractive, but this sight taking place in front of her, pushed him so deep into her heart she knew she would never get him out. He was softly talking to a little girl who was sitting all alone while the other kids were dancing. Tears sprang in her eyes at the sight of this overgrown dinosaur then dancing to Infinite's Covegirl with the pretty child who couldn't be more than five years old. Both her feet covered in hard plaster were on top of his dinosaur feet. She had a pink tutu on top of her hospital gown and a shiny tiara on her head of beautiful black curls. Each hand was carefully held in his giant ones as he twirled around the ward with her, belting out the words in tune. The smile of adoration on her face told Miho that she was not the only one that had fallen for this superhero in a Dino costume.

When the song was over Dongwoo carefully put Sebin on a free couch so that she was "close to the action" he winked at Soohyun to ensure that she would be some company for the out of action child. He then took a deep breathe before turning to face his surprise guests... he had known as soon as she arrived. He went over to Miho in the wheelchair and bent over with his hand outstretched. His smile grew even bigger when she placed her tiny hand in his. Helping her into his arm, he heard her breath hitch and knew that she hadn't expected this. He nodded to Ravi, his little DJ and swung her off her feet in a slow dance as "Between you and me" began playing. With her legs slowing recovering he was loath to have her place any weight on them, so he tightened his grip on her waist, bringing her closer to him, completely off her feet. Miho had originally placed her hands on his Dino chest but now she instinctively curled them around his neck... As much as she could reach and then to his pleasure, she placed her head on his shoulder. 

They both sighed in unison, both completely under each other's spell. Miho closed her eyes as Dongwoo placed a kiss on her forehead and sang the song softly in her ears. She was in peace in this man's arms and never wished to be let go. The feel of his warm breath on her cheek as he sang to her, had her blushing from head to toe. She was sure that she was going to go to hell for the thoughts running through her head...especially as they were surrounded by the eyes of so many watchful children. Miho tried to bury her head deeper into his shoulder to hide her face and thoughts. Omo to be held in this hot man's arms... The things she would do to him if they were alone... Aish jinjja!!! She thought as he tightened his grip once again bringing her closer still.

As the song ended, Dongwoo held Miho at arms length in order to look her in the eyes. A task much harder to achieve as she insisted on looking down. He swept her off her feet, bridal style, ignoring her gasp and the giggles from their young audience, as he strode to her wheelchair. He gently placed her down and held onto the wheelchair handles, effectively trapping her. Releasing his grip he knelt in front of her and placed a finger under her chin to tilt her face up to him. "Yeopo Miho... I like you a lot... Will you be my Yoja Chingoo?" Dongwoo whispered. After a few minutes of dead silence, he sat back on his heels already defeated, as he watched tears roll down her sad face.

When Dongwoo reached over and wiped tears off her face with his Dino hands, Miho was stunned back into reality. She hadn't even realized that she was crying. The fact that this previous person wanted to be her Namja Chingoo was surprising to her... She had never felt loved or worth anything, what could she bring to him?? "Everything" he said emphatically alerting Miho that she had spoken out aloud. "You are everything to me... Jebal say yes" he continued.. still whispering. She smiled through her tears and nodded earning her a startling whoop of joy from Dongwoo as he started dancing a weird jig with his kids. She laughed at this man-child who had forgotten all about her in his excitement. 

Turning back Dongwoo raced to Miho and lifted her out of the wheelchair for a deep yet PG rated kiss in front of the kids. Resting foreheads together he promised more later with a wiggle of his eyebrows. "Gamsahamnida" he whispered as he kissed her all over her face, loving the sound of her laughter at the awkwardness of his Dino head getting in the way. He turned with her in his arms at the sound of clapping. Nurse Lee gave them a thumbs up as she surreptitiously wiped away happy tears. He hugged Miho closer promising himself that he would fill her days with laughter and happy memories... Never letting her become a broken angel ever again.

If you had asked her a few weeks ago, Miho would have said that her life was almost over and she was ready for the peace of death. Now at this moment in the arms of this wonderful man, she was looking forward to life and to a new journey. Something she had never ever experienced in her life, she now had every reason to live and love... The future was looking a helluva lot better. She smiled to herself and hugged Doc D, Dino, Dongwoo close to her heart... Where he would always remain. This she was absolutely positive about.