b o n u s c h a p t e r

So Close Yet So Awkward
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

March 2020

"Oh Seulgi, do you miss him that much?" Asked the main singer of Red Velvet who has just released a solo album last week. Seulgi couldn't help herself but to call her bestfriend in the middle of the night. She missed Jaebum so much.

"You'll be like this too if Mark is in the army. Lucky him not a Korean." Seulgi replied, a little annoyed. 

"Okay, okay I get it," Wendy said but Seulgi could only sighed. "but he went home last chuseok, right?" 

"He did--he went to his parents' house for a week. But I could only see him for a day due to our schedules." 

It has been a year since Jaebum left home to serve in the army. A lot of people questioning his decision, though, because a lot of idols didn't enlist in the army at the age of 25 -- where it might be the peak of their career. Got7 too, they're actually in the peak of their career. Their lastest single before Jaebum went to the army was their highest selling single. Seulgi herself, she had no idea why Jaebum wanted to go to the army so early, but he said to her, "I'm afraid my body couldn't take it after I turn 27." Of course, he lied to her. He had a reason to serve early in the military -- but he didn't want to tell her yet. It supposed to be a surprise after all.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

July 2021

"Yah, Jaebum hyung will be home next week. Stop missing him too much." Jackson has became Seulgi's bestfriend ever since she started dating Jaebum because they're basically the same aged friends and Jackson is practically loud -- it's easy to be friends with him.

"I know, I'm now excited!" A big smile plastered on her face -- yes, she couldn't hide her happiness any longer. She has been counting the days since two months ago.

"Lucky you, noona." Youngjae suddenly said making Bambam secretly step on his foot. "AW!"

"Of course I'm lucky, my boyfriend is gonna be home~~!" Thank goodness Seulgi was too excited to realized what's going to happen to her.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Seulgi sighed as she parked her car in the basement. It's already 11PM she thought. Jaebum went home from the army that afternoon but he decided to go to his parents' house and asked Seulgi to come there. Unfortunately, she had a variety show recording session that day which was supposed to be finished at 7PM but delayed until 10PM. She then called Jaebum, apologized because she couldn't go there. "It will be unapproriate for a woman to come to her boyfriend's parents' house this late." She said. "That's fine, baby, I'll see you tomorrow!" 

She slowly walked to her apartment which she bought three years ago. She missed Jaebum so much, but they couldn't meet that day.

Seulgi put down her bag and belongings on the dining table -- the habit that she always does ever since she moved to the apartment. Seulgi was about to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter