c h a p t e r o n e

So Close Yet So Awkward
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

December 2014

 

Back in the SBS Gayo Daejun 2014, Got7, Red Velvet, Lovelyz, and Winner had a performance together because they were considered as strong rookies. They covered 'Moves Like Jagger' by Maroon 5, so of course, the four groups had to practice together. Both practices and the performance went smoothly and a lot of fans were cheering for them. These four groups later sat beside each other because of course -- they are rookies.

Got7's leader Im Jaebum and Red Velvet's main dancer's Seulgi ended up sitting next to each other because the other members were too shy sitting next to an opposite gender person (lol).

So close yet so awkward.

Even though both of them were born in the same year (only like a month difference, JB is older), they felt really awkward and well, they've never talked to each other before, so no wonder. Jaebum actually wanted to talk to Seulgi to break the ice, but he knew fans are filming them -- he was afraid people will start some sort of rumors about them. Well, even when he didn't talk to Seulgi, fans are already gossiping and shipping them, though.

The day went very fast, all of a sudden Jaebum was already in his bedroom, looking up at the ceiling. A lot of thoughts went through his mind.

"She seems friendly."

"Ah I should've talked to her."

"But no, fans will be wild."

"Did she wanted to talk to me?"

"It would be awkward though if I talked to her earlier."

"But now the chance has gone."

"Wait, why am I like this? Why do I somehow feel curious about her? I've never been like this before." 

- - - - - - - - - -

August 2015

 

"Yeri-ah!" Choi Minho of SHINee called the 16 years old maknae of Red Velvet.

"Yes, oppa?" Yeri replied him politely. They've been working together for a while for MBC Music Core but the Red Velvet unnies have been warning her to talk politely to Minho because he's still her senior in the industry.

"I was just wondering...what does Seulgi do these days?"

"Seulgi unnie? Well...she and Wendy unnie don't have weekly schedule or such, so both of them are probably practicing their singing and dancing skills. Oh! Seulgi unnie probably teaching the trainees how to dance perfectly. You know, she's a maniac when it comes to dance." Yeri explained quite a lot to him.

"Oh, so if I go to SM tonight I'll find her in one of the dancing studios?"

"Yeah, she's probably there. But why do you ask quite a lot about Seulgi unnie, oppa?" Yeri asked curiously.

"Nothing much. There's just someone whom I want her to meet." Minho said and it made Yeri eyes widened.

"Oh my god! Who's that? Ah yes! Finally Seulgi unnie will not only care about dance steps and such!"

"How can I tell you? You have a big mouth, you'll probably will tell everyone about this!" Minho said jokingly as Yeri pouted like a little child.

- - - - - - - - - -

"Okay we're done for tonight! See you next week with some new steps!" The trainees groaned as Seulgi said that because they knew the dance steps will be a lot harder than today. Seulgi is known for a girl who loves to experiment with new dance steps -- and her steps are too advance to be followed.

Seulgi went to her bag while wiping her sweat. She took out her phone to check if there's a new message but such thing is a nonexistent for her. Being too focused on her study and practicing makes Seulgi too busy to be in a relationship. She knew that very well even before joining SM Entertainment back in the 2007, but she always thinks that it's her choice so no one can stop her. Of course, like other normal girls at her age, she wants to have a romantic relationship with a guy but on the other hand, she loves her job very much. Singing and dancing has been her dream ever since she was little -- why would she wastes it?

Knock, knock, knock

Seulgi's eyes followed the sound.

"Minho oppa! What are you doing here?" Surprised is the right word t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter