c h a p t e r t w o

So Close Yet So Awkward
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One cannot stop smiling from ear to ear.

One cannot stop waiting for the other's one text message.

Both of them are practically having a huge crush for each other, many thanks to their nonstop four weeks chatting via an app. They haven't meet again after their last encounter though, but both of them can feel each other's presence. Jaebum smiles alot these days because of Seulgi's texts and same goes to Seulgi. They never send any cheesy text messages or such, just ordinary text messages between friends -- but those messages can make two people happy.

Their 'happy auras' received raised brows from both Got7 and Red Velvet's members. Jaebum is known for being a serious leader. Sure he loves to smile but his smiles these days are not the type of 'ordinary smiles' -- it's the smiles of being in love. Same goes with Seulgi. She laughs a lot, but this is the first time Red Velvet members seeing her being this happy. Having an 'in love smile' plastered all over her face made the other members curious of what happened to her.

Wendy, being Seulgi's same-age friend and literary her bestfriend, gets to the point right away. Wendy held a meeting with the remaining members to talk about Seulgi's strange attitude these days.

"You know, I've never seen Seulgi like this before. Something smells fishy. Did you guys know anything about this? Am I the only one who doesn't??"

"Well... a few weeks ago Minho oppa asked me about Seulgi unnie, though. He said he wanted to introduce her to someone." Yeri started.

"And?!" Joy asked with her big eyes almost falling out.

"And I don't know what happened afterwards. None of them told me about anything!"

"Wait! Oh my god she went out about a month ago! She said to me that she was going have lunch with her friends though, but don't you think she met up with Minho and 'someone' that day?" Irene quickly blurted it out as she remembers.

"OH MY GOD! SO MY FEELING WERE RIGHT! SHE'S IN LOVEEEEEEE!" Wendy screamed at the top of her lungs.

"Shhhh unnie! You don't want to disturb the neighbors, do you?" Alerted Joy.

"Oops... sorry."

"Okay let's ask her when she's done taking a shower. Ahhh my baby has grown up she's now in love!" Grandma Irene said as she wiped her nonexistent tears. As if on cue, once Irene said that, Seulgi went out from the bathroom.

"SEULGI-AH!"

"UNNIE!"

"SIT DOWN!" The four of them said in unison.

"Eh? What's wrong with you guys?" Seulgi asked confusedly but she's sitting down anyway.

"Okay I'll go straight to the point. You, Kang Seulgi, are you in love? Because we see you act differently now. Not in a bad way though, but in a way when people are in love. Do you get what I mean? If you ask why are we suspecting to is because one; Yeri was told by Minho oppa that he wanted to introduce you to someone. And second; Irene unnie said that a month ago you went out to meet up with some friends. Well, we don't know if you're lying or not but because of the first reason, we kinda conclude that you met Minho oppa and 'someone' that day." Wendy asked and explained every details.

"Well... the truth is that 'someone' whom Minho oppa introduced to me was Got7's JB." The four girls eyes' widened.

"And yes, a month ago I met up with Minho oppa and Jaebum, but about the in love part... I have no idea." Seulgi added.

"Seulgi-ah," Irene started. "do you feel happy when he texts you?"

"Um... yes."

"Do you sometimes think like 'ah where is he?'" Joy asked.

"Well kind of."

"Unnie you're definitely in love!" Yeri beamed at Seulgi as the other members were so loud. Different from the other four, Seulgi stayed silent. On one hand she felt relieved that she's finally have nothing to hide from the members, but on the other hand she's confused with her own feeling towards Jaebum.

"Seulgi-yah, it's not weird for a girl in our age to be in love. It's not like it's something criminal. You know I believe it's something that happens naturally. Like it or not, you gotta accept it." Wendy said as if she could read Seulgi's mind.

"You mean like you and Mark sunbae?" Joy teased the main singer.

"Yah! It's not about me, Sooyoung-ah!"

- - - - - - - - - -

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter