c h a p t e r f o u r

So Close Yet So Awkward
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

November 2015

 

"What the hell is this?" The manager oppa asked the bear-looking black-haired girl in front of him as he showed his phone. The manager of Red Velvet found out about the whole situation, which Seulgi and the other members were trying to hide.

"It's um..."

"Is this true, Seulgi?" He raised his eyebrows--felt both mad and sad. Mad about the situation that could ruin her entire one year career, sad because he knew this from the news, not from Seulgi herself.

"Oppa I'm sorry." Seulgi said, totally out of words.

"So you're saying it's true? All the night-dates and stuff?" Seulgi nodded, making the manager sigh. The other members of Red Velvet could only watched their main dancer silently from afar, no one dared to speak a word.

"Who knows about the JB-Seulgi thing?" The manager turned his back to the Red Velvet members. None of them answer his question, but he knows right away that all of them knew about this.

"I need to speak to the Got7's manager and Jaebum himself." The manager said and as if on cue, Seulgi's phone ringing.

--

"Are you okay?" Jaebum quickly asked his girlfriend as soon as she picked up the phone.

Okay? Well, she herself is not sure. She's been checking the Red Velvet's instagram only to found out some immature fans of Got7 made attempts to say bad things about her. She's actually sort of relieve though, because some Got7 and Red Velvet's fans are supporting her--saying it's okay for her to date JB thanks to her clean past. But when she checked the news articles, she can see hate comments bombarding from non-fans, saying things like her past 'controversy' with Kyuhyun on Radio Star. The thing that she hated the most.

"I'm fine, oppa."

--

"I'm fine, oppa." She doesn't, Jaebum thought. 

Before he could say anything else, Seulgi quickly said, "My manager wants to talk to your manager, is he there?"

"Yeah he is." Jaebum handed the phone to his manager. Got7's manager quickly went to Got7's dorm as soon as the news leaked. The manager knew about their relationship since the beginning, and he worries the most about Jaebum. Jaebum is Got7's leader and as leader, he took the group's burdens the most. And now with the dating news, the manager afraid Jaebum will lose his sanity.

Jaebum looked at the space blankly but he has a lot of thoughts running in his mind. He loves Seulgi so much and he feels like he wants to be by her side immediately. But with the dating news and all, he doubt he can meet Seulgi freely without getting the reporters' massive attentions.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter