Chapter 5

My Precious Omega

Jimin notices when J-Hope starts having more work related things to do, even though Jin is his council partner, and Jin evades the question when asked, instead telling him that J-Hope has a primal need to keep moving, and the months they’ve spent protecting Jimin with little to no scouting has set the Beta on edge.

Jimin, takes the information to heart, throwing himself into his studies so hard that even V has to tell him to slow down. He loses track of time and before he realizes it, his 17th birthday is nearing, and the trial of his former Alpha is nearly finished from what Jungkook tells him.

With his birthday comes an unexpected visitor in the form of his first heat.

Jin ends up being the one to help Jimin out with his heat, the older Omega forcing his own mate and friends out of the house as he carries the whimpering Omega down to the basement, where Jin usually rides his own heats out when Jungkook is out of town on council business.

“It hurts.” Jimin whimpers, sweat trickling down his temples as his cheeks flush from the heat.

“I know.” Jin soothes him, wetting a cool cloth and wiping his brow with it. The Omega nuzzles into his touch, softly as Jin works to cool his heat induced fever. “The first heat is always the hardest.” He says.

Even though Jin’s a mated Omega, he tenderly cares for Jimin the first night of his heat. The heat fever breaks, and Jimin’s arousal pheromones permeate the room as Jin leaves for a moment and returns with a couple of black bags.

“What’s that?” Jimin knows what will happen next as Jin had been the one instructed to teach Jimin about his heats.

“Jungkook and I knew your heat would be coming, so we bought you some of your own toys.” Jin replies.

Jimin’s cheeks flush with embarrassment, though he loses his train of thought as a wave of arousal hits him, making him groan out loud.

Jin is upstairs making some food while Jimin is sleeping a day later when J-Hope comes home, and immediately growls upon smelling a sweet scent that makes his wolf jump in excitement. “Oh no!” Jin exclaims as the Beta comes into the kitchen. “You, you need to go find a place to sleep for a few more days.”

“He’s in heat isn’t he?” J-Hope asks, his voice laced with traces of his wolf. He remembers what Jin’s heat scent smells like before the Omega and Jungkook had mated, and it’s nothing like the sandalwood and lavender scent he smells now.

“Yes, but I won’t let you touch him.” Jin tells him.

“Ok, I get it.” J-Hope gives him an unreadable look. “I’ll just gather a few things and head out. I doubt he’ll know I’ve been here anyway.”

Jimin, however, sniffs the air as soon as Jin’s back down in the basement, takes one look at Jin and growls. “J-Hope was here earlier, wasn’t he?”

Jin sighs, noting that Jimin’s arousal and heat are nearly back in full force and he’s glad he remembered to put a warming cover over the food as he sets the tray aside. “He was but he’s gone. Mating in your first heat is very painful, and I don’t want you to go through that.”

Jimin starts to let out a chuckle but it turns into a needy moan as the subtle scent of J-Hope on Jin’s clothing causes his heat driven senses to kick into a higher gear.

By the time his heat is over, Jin looks just as exhausted as Jimin feels and they both take a few hours to nap after Jin replaces the sheets on the bed after their shower. Even though they are not packmates, Jimin feels a million times closer to Jin after his heat.

“Most, if not all Omegas usually are a lot closer to each other than Alphas or Betas.” Jin tells him as they air out the basement later that day. “Most of us who’ve grown up in a larger pack environment usually had a safe house we could go to when our heats would strike.” He says as he hands Jimin a sharpie. To keep his toys separate from Jin’s toys, they’re keeping all the boxes labeled and in a large tote.

“Do Omegas usually help other Omegas out during their heats?” Jimin asks.

“The unmated ones help each other out.” Jin confirms. “But in certain circumstances, like us, it’s better for a mated Omega to help the unmated one out, or in extreme cases, 2 mated Omegas will help each other out if their mates are gone for work.”

Jimin nods, falling silent as they hear the door upstairs open and close. “Hyung?” V’s voice is quiet as he calls out into the house.

“We’re downstairs V.” Jin calls.

Jimin thinks V is probably the second oddest person he’s ever met. When they’d met a year ago, Jimin was sure that the taller werewolf was a Beta by the lack of scent he had, until V had pointed out that Jin didn’t have a scent either.

It was then that Jimin learned about what J-Hope had talked about that day in the forest with his bite wound, which he was thankful that hadn’t scarred into a near permanent mark. He’d hate to have to explain to his future mate what that bite mark meant.

At the base of every wolf’s neck, lay a gland that was responsible for producing the scents that each wolf gave off, their natural pheromones. When two wolves wanted to mate for life, they would bite down where the gland lay in the crease between neck and shoulder, crushing the scenting gland between their teeth and creating a permanent scar of teeth marks.

Once that gland was crushed, the wolf would become scentless to other wolves, except for his or her mate. Jin had to explain to Jimin that Jungkook was the only one who could smell when he went into heat since they mated, which was why whenever Jungkook had to be out of town when Jin’s heats struck, the mated Omega would spend it down in the basement by himself, but none of the other wolves in the house had to leave like they’d done when Jimin went into his first heat.

V thundered down the stairs, a huge grin on his face. “Yah! Congrats Jimin on becoming a full adult!” He practically yelled.

Jimin winced at the volume of V’s voice, punching him in the shoulder as soon as the taller Omega came into range. “Yah!” He scolded. “Lower your voice man.”

“What’s got you all happy?” Jin asks as he pushes the box labeled with Jimin’s name on it into the closet.

“I’ve got some good news, and some amazing news!” V sing songs, dancing around, his antics only broken by the fact he’s rubbing the shoulder that Jimin punched.

Jin gives V a look. “Spill you silly Omega, or I’ll have to tell your mates you’ve gotten into the sweet sugar again.”

V frowns then. “Hyung, my mates wouldn’t care right now.” He says nonchalantly.

This was the other reason Jimin thought V was the oddest Omega ever. He had not one, but two mates, a really tall Alpha nicknamed Rap Monster and a Beta named Suga whom Jimin had only met once.

“So what is this news?” Jimin asks, curiosity getting the best of himself.

V grins again, finally stopping his bouncing. “I’m pregnant with twins!” He yells.

Something unreadable passes through Jin’s face that Jimin can’t identify, but the older Omega smiles at V. “Congrats man! I bet your mates are ecstatic about that.”

V nods. “We went in for testing this morning at the council health center. I’m a rare case as the twins are fraternal.”

The information processes and Jimin smiles at V. Fraternal twins meant that both of V’s mates had actually impregnated the Omega around the same time. “You had other news though.” He brings the subject up seeing Jin’s smile becoming strained.

“Oh, yeah! That’s the amazing news. Jimin, your case was closed a couple of days ago.” He tells them. “Your pack is getting dissolved and redistributed and your former Alpha is being executed tomorrow afternoon.”

Jimin’s jaw drops and Jin wonders if that’s why J-Hope had returned to the house unexpectedly. It meant Jimin would soon be allowed to choose where he wanted to go.

“I wonder if my parents will want to see me.” Jimin murmurs in response to the news.

V shakes his head. “I doubt it. Your entire pack has to submit to the same testing you do. I’m surprised Hobi hasn’t told you this already.” V says, using a nickname that Jimin’s never heard before.

“I was kind of in the middle of my heat.” Jimin deadpans.

“I wouldn’t let him near Jimin anyway.” Jin jumps in. “You know as well as I do that first heats are not meant for mating, and J-Hope wouldn’t have been able to control his wolf side.”

The two mated Omegas look at each other and something passes between them that makes Jimin feel left out. They know something about J=Hope that they aren’t telling him and it grates on Jimin’s nerves.

“Why wouldn’t he be able to control his wolf?” Jimin decides to take matters into his own hands. He’s known for a while that his wolf likes J-Hope, and he’s not opposed to being courted by the older Beta.

“Uh, J-Hope has a hard time dealing with anyone who is in pain.” V coughs and Jimin knows its bull.

“Don’t lie to me.” Jimin warns, his tone growing dark. “Does he want to mate with me?” It’s the only thing that he can think of, especially when he remembers that J-Hope is the only other wolf in their little group who’s unmated.

Jin sighs. “We can’t keep it from him forever.” He tells V. Turning to Jimin, he nods. “J-Hope likes you, a lot.” He explains. “He just thinks he doesn’t stand a chance because he’s a Beta.”