Chapter 4

My Precious Omega

Jimin stared in awe as the tall, picturesque buildings of the capital came into view. Jin had informed him when he’d woken that morning that he would be arriving at the council’s receiving building, and would probably be inspected, interrogated and then put into an isolation chamber for a few hours to ensure that he didn’t have any communicable diseases before he’d be assigned to a mentor and a teacher.

The mentor would be there so he could ask questions about his case. The teacher would be there to bring him up to date on the world they lived in.

Everything seem to pass by in a blur, and Jimin could barely process each new sight he saw before they were stopping at a white washed building, 2 guards in uniform standing outside.

Jimin barely got to say his thanks and goodbyes to Jin and J-Hope before he was whisked off. He didn’t see the Beta or the Omega doctor again until he gave his statements to a panel of Alphas and Betas, more women than men, and then he only saw them from behind the glass window where he was being held.

It was a few days later, after Jimin had gotten some vaccinations that the council doctor had insisted he needed, and a paper shoved into his hands before he was lead down another corridor that lead to a room where he saw his rescuers again, only, they had a couple of other people with them.

“How are you doing Jimin?” Jin’s face broke out into a smile as soon as the Omega saw him, his eyes lighting up.

“Man, I figured I’d never see you guys again.” Jimin breathed, his tension easing. “They said my mentor was some Alpha named Jungkook and my teacher’s name is V, but I assumed that was a typo unless you all go by some code names or something.”

Jin’s smile only grew wider the longer the Omega talked. “Well, we do go by code names, but we can’t tell you our real names unless the council wants us to.” He replies.

“Oh, gosh, I feel bad, I didn’t introduce myself.” Jimin’s not lost on the two other people in the room. “I’m Park Jimin.”

The taller of the two, with sweeping dark blonde, nearly brown hair grins and waves. “Don’t worry about it! I’m V, that ‘typo’ you mentioned. I’m your teacher.”

Jimin blushes, feeling a bit embarrassed that he’d blurted out the first thing that came to his mind when he’d seen Jin, and bows towards V, who’s clearly not an Alpha. He’s noticed that in the modern world, Alphas are outed by default but Omegas and Betas are not, which means he’ll only find out what V is when he’s close to the lanky male.

That would mean the cheeky, teenager looking man who is standing close to Jin is the Alpha Jungkook, and Jimin’s eyes glance between the two. He thinks the Alpha is too close to Jin for comfort but Jungkook smiles, throwing Jimin off completely.

“I’m Jungkook.” The Alpha says and then wraps and arm around Jin. “Jin and I are mates.”

Jimin’s jaw drops as the others in the room chuckle at his reaction. The laughter dies down and J-Hope gestures to the paper in Jimin’s hands. “Does it have who you are staying with?” He asks.

Jimin looks at the paper. “It doesn’t say.” He says.

The issue is cleared up quickly before they leave, having finished Jimin’s registration process earlier in the day and they head out.

Jimin figures out quickly that Jungkook is not the typical Alpha he’s been brought up to defer to, and slowly adapts to living with the group, having figured out that since they all work for the council, and have known each other since they were small pups in diapers.

It’s not until 3 months later, Jimin finds out after one of the test that V’s given him, that his old pack Alpha has been summoned to the capital on charges of attempting to mark an underage Omega, inciting isolation, and refusing to be inspected by the councils’ enforcer squad.

The thought of seeing his old pack Alpha again makes Jimin nervous, and everyone knows the Omega has been having reoccurring nightmares of the event that lead to him fleeing his pack. The lack of sleep, tension of the upcoming investigation and possibility of a trial take their toll on him, and the healthy filled out complexion the Omega was showing waned a bit as his appetite diminished.

Jimin wasn’t required to be at the hearings that brought the charges against his former Alpha, though J-Hope was in attendance to see what kind of monster would force himself upon someone so young and ends up walking away from the hearing, seething with anger.

He calls Jungkook, informing his Alpha friend that he’s got to let some steam off and he’d be back in time for dinner if Jin nags about it before he stashes his stuff in his locker, shifting into his wolf form and taking a much needed run.

No one mentions anything as J-Hope slips into the door of their house hours later, faintly smelling of dirt, sweat and nature.

They also don’t mention anything when V notices that J-Hope and Jimin are found later that night, cuddled up under a blanket as a Japanese anime runs in the background, an older episode of a series the rest of the group watches on a routine basis.

It becomes clear, a few months after Jimin had run into J-Hope that the Beta and the Omega are close to each other, though the former will deny it quickly when asked. J-Hope knows deep down inside that he has fallen for the petite Omega with the six pack abs, but he also thinks he stands no chance with Jimin because of his own status.

He’s seen it more often than not, between a Beta and an Alpha courting an Omega, as most of his extended family is made up of Betas, and the Omega will chose the Alpha nine times out of ten, even if the Alpha is as poor as dirt with no job and not a cent to his name.

J-Hope only assumes that it’s because of the biological need of most Omegas to be dominated by their mates that they’d choose an Alpha, the rare exception being Jin, who seems to dominate Jungkook more often than not.

J-Hope’s too afraid to bring it up to Jimin, suffering as the Omega learns more and more about the modern world, being smothered by Jungkook whenever the Alpha needs cuddling and being dragged out by V to go exploring.

Jin plops down unceremoniously in front of J-Hope as the latter is eating a late lunch, startling the Beta as he drops the piece of chicken from his chopsticks. “You know, if you don’t tell Jimin you want to court him, I will.” The Omega narrows his eyes at J-Hope.

J-Hope snorts, resuming his lunch. “I’m just a Beta.” He mutters. “I can’t approach him until the trial is over and he’s declared rehabilitated by the council anyway, so it doesn’t matter.”

“That’s bull and you know it.” Jin swearing is an unusual occurrence and it makes J-Hope pause.

“How is it bull? You know the rules as well as I do! Jimin’s case hasn’t been closed by the higher ups, even though that disgusting former Alpha of his is on trial for his crimes. I don’t even know if he had a potential suitor back in his old pack! Anytime I ask Jimin anything about his childhood, or his former home, he clams up.” J-Hope’s voice raises with his outburst, his wolf hurt that Jin would even suggest that his reasoning isn’t sound.

Jin raises his hands, eyebrows raised. “Whoa, I didn’t mean to upset you.” He apologized. “Jungkook and V both complained that they can smell the pheromones wafting off of you whenever you two are together, and that Jimin seems to talk about you an awful lot so I wanted to see what your intentions were. I’m sorry if I’ve hit a sore spot.”

J-Hope sighs, the fight going out of his body, and Jin pats him on the shoulder. “Please don’t ask me about it again.” J-Hope whispers.

Jin nods. “I won’t say a word about it, and I’ll have a talk with Jungkook and V, I promise.”