Chapter 1

My Precious Omega

Panting softly in the dense forest brush, Park Jimin frantically looked around, trying to spot a place where he could climb up into a tree to get a little bit of leverage from his pursuers.

His feet were aching from running barefoot through the rocky terrain, little cuts still stinging and bruises had already formed and were starting to heal very slowly as he pushed forward, trying desperately to ignore his newly discovered Omega instincts.

“We can smell you, little Omega.” A voice called from the distance. “Your heat will be nearly upon you, calling for me to fill you up with my pups.”

Jimin shuddered in disgust. Just a few days before he’d been excited beyond belief in knowing his 16th birthday was when he’d find out his new role in the pack. Everyone he knew, including his own parents were all anticipating the moment his wolf awoke fully from its slumber and they all thought he’d awaken as an Alpha.

Instead, the moment his wolf fully awoke from its slumber, Jimin was horrified when he’d looked at the faces of his parents, and then at his friends, who were all staring back at him with looks that varied from disbelief to disgust to surprise and shock.

Of course, Omegas were highly prized in the pack, they were the breeders who kept the pack filled with future members.

Alphas were also prized as they were the ones who brought peace to the pack by patrolling their territory for rogue werewolves or humans, and made contact with other packs to ensure the peace treaties were still in effect from the Alpha-Beta wars that had happened way before Jimin’s parents were even born.

Betas were the only group of werewolves who got the tiest ends of the stick, at least that’s what Jimin thought. Beta’s were the ones who did the hunting for meat for the pack storehouse, tended to any wounded packmates who’d get roughed up by prey or another pack member, and taught in their schools.

There were some Alphas who taught too, and some Omega’s, but those were mostly the teachers who taught the wolven roles that they were all required to know before their 16th birthdays.

The day Jimin became an Omega, instead of an Alpha, he’d been told by the pack’s head Alpha to pack his things and prepare to move into the unmated Omega housing district that was strictly forbidden from Alphas and Beta’s to enter called the Omega quarters.

Jimin hated the way the head Alpha had his lips after Jimin’s wolf woke up. He hated the way the Alpha’s hands seemed to linger just a bit longer than normal as he pushed Jimin towards the stairs of his parent’s home.

The head Alpha was present at all the awakenings of his pack, even if he had to attend several in one day, or there were several pups who’d been born around the same time, though those cases usually had a huge celebration in the middle of the town square.

There’d been rumors that the head Alpha’s last mate had died in childbirth, and he was on the lookout for a newer, younger mate to give him an heir to the pack’s top position. Poor Jimin didn’t know that in the Alpha and Beta circles, there had been bets placed on what his status would be, and whispers had gone around, mindful of Jimin’s parents and his friends’ parents, that the head Alpha was planning on taking Jimin as his next mate if the petite, yet loudmouthed boy turned up as an Omega.

Jimin didn’t bother to hide the tears that slide down his face as he packed only the important things he knew he’d need for the Omega quarters, mostly his clothes and a few favored snapbacks.

He debated for a moment before stuffing the binder full of his music collection into his bag, hoping that they wouldn’t mind him bringing something to keep his body in shape.

Jimin shuddered in disgust, his mind unbiddenly bringing up the horror stories that some of the girls in his class had whispered in hushed tones around their teachers, about how the unmated Omega’s were forced to go through a horrible physical exam, just to prove their fertility, and how some of the older unmated Omega’s turned to ion.

Jimin’s mom was openly weeping when he came back down with 2 bags stuffed with his things, giving his parents a hug before the head Alpha shoos him out of the house, barely giving Jimin a chance to say goodbye to his friends. Friends he’d probably never see again if his future mate wasn’t amongst them, or overly possessive.

Jimin took his new status with some determination. His mom had always been adamant about making sure he was prepared for everything in case he didn’t present as an Alpha.

“Here we are, the Omega quarters.” The head Alpha’s hand that had wrapped around Jimin’s bicep let go, and Jimin let out a sigh of relief at the action, but then stiffened when he felt the Alpha’s hand slid down his back and settle just above his hips.

The head Alpha made Jimin’s wolf nervous.

Even though Alphas and Betas weren’t allowed in the Omega quarters, the head Alpha strode right in without a problem, smiling at the unmated Omegas who came out of their small, cabin like homes to see who the incoming Omega was.

Jimin could feel the eyes on him, and whispers start as the head Alpha continues to take him down the street of the quarters, instead of leaving him with the Omega representative, the person who will take Jimin’s information down, assign him a cabin and show him around the area.

The representative, seeing that the head Alpha was literally escorting Jimin down the street towards what looked like the biggest cabin on the street, scrambled behind them, trying to call the head Alpha’s attention until the man turned around and looked at the representative with what Jimin could only think was such a terrifying look, that the other man stopped talking completely and kept up silently behind them.

Jimin had a sinking feeling the closer they got to the larger cabin, that he was being given special treatment, and his wolf vibrated uneasily. They hadn’t been together long, but already Jimin was agreeing with his wolf’s feelings that the head Alpha was very much interested in him.

The head Alpha thankfully stopped at a cabin that very nearly mirrored the first one, smiled down at Jimin as he removed his hand from Jimin’s back. “I know this is very sudden for you, but I told your parents that I would take care of you.” He said. The head Alpha’s voice had a soothing quality to it, one that Jimin knew from his Alpha friends meant that the elder’s wolf was attempting to bring out his wolf’s submissive nature.

“I think I can take care of myself just fine, head Alpha.” Jimin replied, bowing down to the elder. “Thank you for the , but I’m sure the representative has a schedule he wants to keep.”

The representative nodded, his eyes lighting up as he realized that Jimin knew probably more than a fresh Omega should.

The head Alpha seemed disappointed in Jimin’s response, or lack thereof by his wolf, smiled, patting Jimin on the head. “I will check in on you in a day or so, just to make sure you are settled in well.”

With that, the head Alpha left, taking his time to walk back down the street, smiling at the other Omegas who dared to get close enough to the street to try and entice the Alpha to them. Jimin snorted in disgust at the blatant display of neediness from the older Omegas, and turned to the other man standing in front of him.

“My name is Park Jimin.” He said, offering his hand to the head Omega of the pack.

“Oh don’t be shy.” The Omega said, his smile bright, showing off a couple of deep set dimples in his cheeks. “I’m Park Jungsu, we’re distant cousins.” He said, sweeping Jimin into a hug.

“So is this normal for the head Alpha to a new Omega like me to my cabin?” Jimin asked, as Jungsu unlocked the cabin door.

“No it’s not.” Jungsu scowled. “In fact, he usually has one of his lackey’s the Omega from the house to the gates of the quarters.” He adds. “By the time they get to me, the poor things are traumatized from being physically molested the entire way here.”

Jimin brings his bags into the 3 room cabin, frowning. “My wolf and I agree that he makes us nervous, but for what reason, I don’t know.”

Jungsu takes the dust cover off of the couch in the living area, folding it quickly, and checking to see if any of the other dust covers have dust on them. “I’m not surprised. The last time the head did something like today, he took the poor Omega as a mate and killed her because she couldn’t get pregnant.”

Jimin’s hands still from removing the dust cover from a chair. “He….does the head Alpha want to mate me?” He asked, the cover slipping from his hands to the floor.

“I will try my best to ensure that he doesn’t, but I can’t say no to the head of the pack.” Jungsu tells him softly, reaching out and squeezing the young Omega’s shoulder in sympathy.

That was the last they’d spoken of the head Alpha. Jungsu helped get Jimin settled into his cabin, though Jungsu admitted that he’d actually had a different cabin ready for the new Omega after he’d been told by one of the head Alpha’s seconds to expect a new Omega only a few days beforehand.

Jimin sighed and curled into a ball at the thought. He knew for a fact that he’d been the only wolf pup born on the 13th of October, and that there were no other werewolves who’d been born within the week of his birthday.

Either that meant the head Alpha had a much more sensitive nose than the others and could smell what Jimin’s wolf was, or everyone around Jimin had been in denial about Jimin becoming an Omega.