gy : the end of a day

mapping the trajectory of feelings

gyuyeol : the end of a day
length : drabble

this is for the anon who left me the prompt on my tumblr,
the song hit me right in my feels. leader gyu is so proud
of sungyeol and so am i. really, really proud. /tooemotional

 


 

When he looks back in the time, there always is this particular feeling coating his heart.

A certain tingling, the softness within which his heartstrings are pulled on, creating the soft symphony which sweetness paints a gentle, genuine curl of his lips upon his visage. So serene, so calm and complete. He rests on the bed, feeling as light as a feather, floating in the air and staring at the ceiling which is his sky. More baby blue than the one outside, much more engrossing and connected to much more memories. And if he reaches his hand out, he can almost see him, he can almost recreate the sight which graces him whenever he closes his eyes, imprinted in his mind and heart. The imaginary paint brush is held gracefully when he traces long, lean across the sky and paints his heart. Soft, gentle and warm, the delicacy of his movements matches the music filling his head, the quiet piano dancing on the music sheet, the tranquility of the moment. He wishes to remain in it forever, he yearns, desires the feelings hugging his heart to forever stay with him. The omnipresent velveteen, smooth sensation bathes him in contentment while he raises himself and glances over at the piano covered with the generous amount of dust.

It takes a few moments, a few breaths and tries for him to finally touch the key, press it and elicit a single note dying somewhere in the back of the room.

When he imagines a particular smile, he exits the room.

His legs drag him on their own, they know the path perfectly.

 

He can almost see it.

He can almost feel the warmth of arms hugging him tight, the brightness of the smile, the softness of the voice ringing in his ears.

And his heart is envelopped in the sweetest feeling.

 

It's beautiful.

The moment when he reaches the taller male and pulls him in the embrace so tight and loving.

It's ethereal.

The end of the day when their hands find themselves automatically and fingers fit so perfectly between the empty spaces.

It's complete.

The heart that has been inked with the name rewriting itself perpetually, each time more affectionate, softer.

 

"You've worked hard" his voice is gentle and proud.

And when Sungyeol, with a crumpled script held weakly in his hand, offers him the most dazzling, bright smile ever, Sunggyu knows.

He knows he's in love.