Introductions and explanations *Edited*

Opposites Attract

A/N: Once again, this is a newely edited chapter. I tried to make things run a bit more smoothly than the original had. Plus I think I added more information too. :) Again, if you are an old reader, please read so you won't get confused later on. 



"I've been WHAT?!"

     The seven boys standing around my room flinched at my sudden shriek. Hanbin actually glared at me like I had somehow hurt his precious ears, but I was too shocked to respond to it. My eyes were wide and my mouth hung open as I stared at the boy in front of me while he waved his hands to calm me down.

   "Shhh... I know it must sound.... shocking to you..." Jinhwan-oppa gave me a concerned smile. "But it's true. You've been out cold for the past month."

    I still wasn't convinced, so the boy with the striped shirt pulled his phone out showed me the screen. The day's date read: November, 22nd.

  Holy Swiss cheese, he was right.

  "What in the.... how is that- just- HUH?!" My mind was filling up with so many questions that I couldn't talk properly. The thought of being in a coma-like-state for one month had panic building up inside me.

    One whole MONTH.

    One whole month of my life had been taken away from me. One whole month that could’ve been used to spend time with my grandmother and getting to know her better. Was she worried about me? Where is she?!

   I was about to jump out of my bed to go look for her until something caught my eye and stopped me. I had to blink a couple times to make sure I wasn't just seeing things, but, sure enough, it was real.

   Slowly, all the stuff on my desk started to float. I stared while they kept on rising and ignored the boys who were trying to get my attention.

      They didn't know what was going on behind them until my closet door suddenly opened with a bang and a bunch of clothes and shoes flew out of it. They all gasped and tried their best to avoid getting hit by the somehow possessed items.

  "Goo Junheo...!" The guy in the purple shirt called out in a scolding voice. The said person's eyes grew and he frantically shook his head.

  "This is not me, I swear!" 

   "Well, if it's not you, then what the he-" Another boy screeched a bit as he dodged a flying sneaker. "What the heck is going on?!"

    I admit that if this was any other situation, I would be laughing my of right now. Instead, seeing all the flying items just freaked me out even more.

      I leaned back until my back hit the wall and I grasped the side of my head with my hands. I was scared-no. I was terrified. My body started shaking, and I tried my best to hold back my tears. My breath started coming out in pants which made it hard to breath. 

   I was about to scream until a hand suddenly gripped my shoulder and I opened my eyes to find Hanbin staring down at me.

   His expression was grim with a hint of something I couldn't read. 

 "Calm down" he ordered firmly. "If you want this to stop then you need to take a deep breath and calm down."

  I found myself listening to him and took long, deep breaths; my eyes never leaving his. As they looked back at me I could see something grow in them. It almost looked like relief and... concern? 

   My deep breathing slowly started to make me calm and I didn't stop until I heard the flying objects land on the ground with a thud. The room quickly turned silent, leaving the rest of the boys to stare at me with shock.

  Slowly, Hanbin let go of my shoulder. Its sudden lack of warmth confused me, as if I didn't want it to go. 

  Jinwhan came over and sat on the edge of my bed. "Are you alright?"

  My body was still shaking a bit, but other than that I felt fine. I nodded after a pause. He noticed my hesitation so he took my hand and helped me up off my bed. Using the other to support my back he started walking towards my bedroom door.

  "I know you have a lot of question right now." He opened the door, gently pushing me into the hallway like I was some Fine China. "And you deserved to have them all answered." 

  "Where are we going?" I asked, looking over my shoulder to see that the rest of the boys were following us. Almost all of them had concerned frowns on except for Hanbin. His was stoic and unreadable like usual.

  I turned to look back at Jinwhan who gave me a small smile. 

 "To the person who can give you the best explanation. Lady Jeon."



 

    Third person POV:

    As the eight of them made their way into the first floor living room, Lady Jeon, who was seated on the couch and chatting to Mr. Joohyun, saw them and ran over to Baelynn.

   "Sweetheart, you finally woke up!" Lady Jeon cried as she gave her granddaughter a bone crushing hug. Despite her age, the woman was strong and the boys knew this fore they winced when they heard the poor girl gasp in pain. Mr. Joohyun tried his best to quickly tear the strong old woman off her granddaughter before any bones started breaking.

   After he succeeded, Lady Jeon took Baelynn's hands and pulled her over to the couch to sit. The rest of the boys followed and sat in the space around them. Hanbin sat down on a sofa; getting comfortable while watching Chanwoo in amusemnt. The poor manknae tried to find an unoccupied spot but failed because all of his hyungs took them all, so he ended up cross-legged on the floor like a child waiting to be read a bed-time story.

    "Baelynn, sweety..." Lady Jeon bought everyone's attention back to the situation at hand. "I know you are probably pretty surprised at the moment-"

  "Surprised?" Baelynn scoffed. "Yeah, Grandma. Waking up to find seven guys in my room and them telling me that I’ve been asleep for the past month is what every girl wants to happen to them. Oh! And, not to forget! Have my cloths and other stuff flying around my room!"

    What Baelynn said made Lady Jeon narrow her eyes at the boys, who just averted their gaze and found the walls and floors more interesting to look at. She sighed and gave her granddaughter an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry that you had to go through that. They were probably just curious about you."

         It was true; the other six had gone back to the parent's house to stay so Baelynn wouldn't get overwhelmed by living with so many new people at once. It was the only reason why they made sure to stay clear of her during the party.

    They moved back in a week after Baelynn -out and Lady Jeon gave Hanbin the job to make sure that they didn't disturb the sleeping girl in anyway. Like, for instance, draw on her face or go through her phone.

  Hanbin had to keep an extra eye on Bobby just in case.

     Baelynn's brows furrowed in confusion. "Why would they be curious of me? Because I'm your long-lost granddaughter?"

   Lady Jeon chuckled. "That's one of the reasons, yes. But, before we go on, I have a story to tell you."

  Baelynn straightened her back as if to say she was listening. Lady Jeon proceeded with her tale.

   "Once upon a time, in a land where magical creatures and humans lived together in harmony, there was a group of people that called themselves 'the Council'. Each member of the Council was the head of their own species. For example, there was a leader for the werewolves, a leader for the fairies, and even a leader for the gnomes!" Lady Jeon laughed in glee at the last one. "They were all the best of friends and were kind to not only their own kind, but to each other's as well. All they wanted was peace and happiness to fill the world..."

   Her smile faded a bit and Hanbin knew were the story was going. He had heard it said seven times before.

  "But, with all happiness and peace, comes sadness and war also."

   "Sadness and war...?" Hanbin could hear Baelynn mumble under her breath. Lady Jeon nodded.

   "Not everyone in the land was happy. There were some who had thought they were much stronger and powerful than the humans who couldn't even use magic. So they gathered up people who thought the same and started a rebellion. The war lasted for fifty years and ended in favor to the Council. But that didn't stop the rouges from their evil doings, so the Council had no choice but to come up with a way to keep the humans and other supernaturals safe from them."

  "Like what? A magical creature police force?" Some of the boys chuckled at Baelynn's question, Lady Jeon did too.

       "In a way, yes. They used magic to create a small group called 'The Guardians'. They were a new species; mixed with human, fairy and warlock. Each Guardian had their own personal power that only they could use and pass down to their next generation.

        Usually every generation of the guardians skips the previous one, and they are only known to be in the group if they are born with a certain jewel."

    "Wait, hah? They're BORN with a jewel?"

          Hanbin could only imagine what was going through the girl's head at the time. Maybe it was along the lines of the 'birds and the bees'.

         "How is that even possible?" Baelynn’s confusion fed Lady Jeon’s amusement.

     "They are born clutching the jewel in their hands." She chuckled and pointed at the Jade necklace hanging on Baelynn's neck. The girl glanced down at it like she didn't even know it was there before.

    "Just like how you were born hugging that to your chest."

    Baelynn laughed nervously. "Wait, so, you're telling me that... I'm supposed to be a part of this generation's 'Guardians'?"

  Lady Jeon nodded. "Yes. That jewel is a part of your soul. A Guardian can't use their powers unless it is with them so you must keep it on at all times."

   "B-but, I’ve never even seen this thing before in my life! You make it sound like they never are apart from their jewel, but the first time I’ve ever even seen it was when you gave it to me!"

     Lady Jeon started to giggle like a little girl.

 "Grandma, why are you laughing? I'm being serious here!"

   "Oh my. I'm so sorry." She chuckled. "It's just that, hehe. You're reacting the same way Hanbin did when he was told this news."

   Lady Jeon gave Hanbin a knowing smirk as he tried his very best not to meet Baelynn's curious gaze.

   "That Jer- guy is a Guardian too?" She asked. "I would've picked him to be a grumpy werewolf instead."

   She mumbled the last part to herself, but Hanbin's ears still picked it up. He glared at her, causing the girl to look away in panic.

  "Yes he is." Lady Jeon answered and turned to the boys. "In fact, all of them are. Have you guys introduced yourselves yet?"

    "Chanwoo and I have only told her our names." Jinhwan-oppa replied. “When I tried to tell her more, SOME people kept interrupting.” He eyed the other boys in accusation. They just replied with sheepish grins.

  "Well. Looks like the best time to mention the rest." she looked at one of the other boys. "Junhoe, dear, would you like to start off? Just tell her your name, how old you are. Introducing your Jewel would be helpful too."

  The boy with white hair stood up as Baelynn looked at him expectantly. He cleared his throat and started the introduction.

  "My name is Goo Junhoe. I'm eighteen years old and my jewel is blue zoisite." He pointed to his ear where a royal blue stud hung in his earlobe.

    "And your power, Junhoe?" Lady Jeon pushed. His eyes widened a bit in realization. "Oh! And, I can control and manipulate air!" he proudly ended, sitting back down and nudging Donghyuk to go next. The said kid stood up and gave Baelynn a sheepish smile.

  "Hi noona. Well... My name is Kim Donghyuk, I'm also eighteen years old and my Jewel is yellow sphalerite." The boy with ligh-brown hair said as he held up his hand to show her a honey-yellow jeweled ring hugging his pinky finger.

   "I can control and manipulate electricity and sometimes lightning." He quickly bowed and sat back down. Lady Jeon then looked at the boy with bunny teeth, who excitedly jumped up.

  "Hi there!" He practically yelled, making some people jump. "I'm Kim Jiwon! But, just call me Bobby-oppa! Ok? I'm twenty years old and my jewel is a black pearl!" He held up a fist to show off a silver bracelet that had a dark black marble placed between the bands.

   "And my power is..." He snapped his figures and dissapeared.

      Soon enough, Baelynn shreaked and fell off the couch when he reappeared behind her and Lady Jeon. "I can Teleport!" He finished with a smile. It didn't last long before Yunhyeong gave the poor girl an apologetic look and dragged Bobby away by the ear, making him sit back down in his previous spot.

    The boy in the purple long-sleeved shirt waited for Baelynn to calm down before he started introducing himself next.

  "My name is Song Yunhyeong. Like Bobby, I'm twenty years old and my jewel is violet flourite." He lifted up his sleeve to reveal a silver arm band hugging his right tricep. The Band was similar to Bobby's except for the dark, misty violet jewel between them.

   "Because of this, I have the ability to run and dodge objects really fast." He exclaimed happily.

  "Yeah! He's like Superman! Faster than a speeding bullet!" Bobby teased while laughing.

   Yunhyeong's smile twitched a bit and the next thing they knew, Bobby was tied to his chair with duct tape covering his mouth. Next to him was Yunhyeong, clapping his hands together like he had dust on them.

   "That's better." He said, sitting back down. Lady Jeon chuckled at the pair and motioned for Jinhwan to go next. 

  "As you know, my name is Kim Jinwhan." He gave Baelynn a shy grin. "I'm the oldest, being twenty-one. My jewel is a green emerald."

   He pointed to his left ear that had an emerald earing dangling from the lobe. "And my power is the ability to control earth and manipulate plants."  As an example, he walked towards a potted plant and had his hand hover over it. One of the stems quickly grew and sprouted a large purple flower, which he plucked and handed to Baelynn. Her eyes widened in amazement as she took the flower form him.

      Hanbin saw her smile a bit and he pushed down the confusing feelings that grew in the pit of his stomach. He had better things to do at the moment than to wonder what those specific feelings were.

    When Jinhwan sat back down, Chanwoo hurriedly tried to stand up, which became a problem because of his long legs. When he was finally up, he smiled shyly at Baelynn and bowed.

  "My name is Jung Chanwoo. I'm the maknae and will be turning eighteen soon! My jewel is an orange topaz..." He put his hand down his shirt and pulled out a necklace similar to Baelynn's except for a dark-orange stone hanging from a golden chain with a golden dragon shaped around it.    

  "I have the ability to manipulate fire and heat..." he trailed off a bit and stared at Baelynn with wide eyes. "Noona.. I know this is really random. But... you're really pretty..."

     Baelynn's cheeks tinted pink and she chuckled at how cute he looked. Hanbin though, fought the urge to slap the maknae in the back of the head.

   Thankfully he didn't have to for Donghyuk and Junhoe did it instead.

  "You little up." Junhoe accused as his hand collided with Chanwoo's head.

  "Ow!" The poor maknae flinched in pain. "I was simply telling the truth!" He pouted and sat back down. He then refused to smile at anyone except for Lady Jeon, Mr. Joohyun and Baelynn.

   Lady Jeon chuckled at how cute he was acting and then proceded to look at Hanbin, who blinked in understanding. He stood up, catching Baelynn's attention and started his introduction.

  "As you know, my name is Kim Hanbin, but people like to call me B.I." he crossed his arms and stood up even straighter. "I just turned nineteen and my jewel is a red beryl." Like the others, he pointed to the ear cuff hugging his right ear. "I'm the leader of the guys and my power is super strength and the ability to manipulate energy."

   He sat back down and Lady Jeon, who took that as the end of the introduction, proceeded to explain more to Baelynn.

  "You see, Sweetie..." She tugged on the girl's hand to gain back her attention. "They all had to go through the same thing you did a month ago. When a Guardian is born, the parents usually take the child's jewel away and they give it to a person called a 'keeper', which in your case, is me. The 'Keeper' hangs on to all the jewels until the guardians reach an age of maturity. This way you don't have babies running around and causing catastrophe wherever they go because they don't know any better." The old lady mused. "The only difference for your generation was..." She started to trail off.

  "...Grandma?" 

 Lady Jeon stopped talking and a hazy fog clouded her eyes. Mr. Joohyun and the boys knew that this was the hardest part for her, so he spoke up instead. 

    "Miss Baelynn. Your generation was a bit different." He started to explain. Baelynn looked at him in confusion.

      "Let me explain. Every generation, Guardians are known to differ in numbers. For example, the last generation had 26 members; 13 male and 13 female. This generation, YOUR generation, has 14 in total; seven male and seven female. Everything at first was perfectly normal."

  He gestured to the boys. "All the boys and you girls were perfectly healthy and had very powerful jewels born to you. But... then... we were all attacked."

     Baelynn paled, and hesitantly opened . "B...by what?"

   "By the rouges." Lady Jeon answered for Mr. Joohyun and started to cry. "I didn't tell you the whole truth earlier because you didn't know what you were at the time.... But not only did they kill your parents, but also the other girl's families also. *Hic!* and then they kidnapped the seven of you, which made everyone believe that you were dead!"

    "Ju-just the seven of us? The girls?" Baelynn asked quietly. Hanbin was the one who spoke up next. 

  "Yes." He admitted. “We don’t know anything except for the fact that their main targets were the seven of you.”

    She furrowed her brows and he took it upon himself to continue the story, seeing how Mr. Joohyun was trying his best to comfort Lady Jeon.

   "The rouges did attack our houses too, but they only left very little damage. Except for-" He shared a glance with Chanwoo. Who gave him a small smile and nodded. "My and Chanwoo's fathers..."

       He went on. "They died. Other than that, everything was ok. We have our suspicions that our houses were just the decoys while the stronger rogues went after the girls.”

    "Because of the circumstances, the boys also grew up differently, just like you." Mr. Joohyun spoke up again. "They had no knowledge of being Guardians or even of supernatural beings until we gave them their jewels back. Hanbin..." He looked at the said boy. "Was the first to get his back when he was ten, and then it was his job to look for the other boys and give them theirs."

   Somehow, Bobby, who had managed to finally get the duct tape and ropes off, saw how bad the mood was and thought it wise to share his thoughts.

    "Ahh~ man were those the days! I was the first person he found. Hey, Hanbin! Remember when we found Yunhyeong? He thought we were total nut-jobs and kept on running away from us! We had to chase him around a shopping mall for two hours because of it! Haha!"

    Thankfully, that seemed to have lifted the mood a bit, and everyone was grateful. Even Hanbin had to admit having an abnormal best friend had its perks.



Baelynn's POV: 

   The new information that Grandma gave me, although it was a lot, was pretty easy to understand. I wasn't as freaked out as I was earlier. And It even helped me in understanding my dream a bit more.

"Seven boys and seven girls..." I mumbled, catching everyone's attention. "The seven boys are already found, so that means-"

  "You have to find the rest of the girls." Grandma cut me off with a smile. "Of course, the guys will help. Can't have you go off on a search on your own after I JUST found you again."  

   "But, how will we know where to find them?" Junhoe asked. "It took Lady Jeon years to find Baelynn-noona, who was just in the U.S. For all we know they could be somewhere in the middle of China!"

    "Well, for one, you're kinda right about one of them being in China..." I didn't mean to say that out loud, but everyone heard me anyway. Darn. 

     "Sweetie, what do you mean?" Grandma asked and I knew that I couldn't get myself out of the situation. It wasn't like I wasn't gonna tell them; just I didn't even know if my dream was even real or not.but I ended up telling them about it anyway; about the other me, about 'Busan Nursery House', about my six friends, and even about the promise that I made to them.

    "I know it sounds like it was just a dream." I looked down in embarrassment. "But it looked and felt so real..."

   "Why, that's because it WAS real, dear." Grandma yipped happily. "That usually happens to a Guardian right after they get their jewel back! Like I said before, your jewel is a part of your soul. So they're usually able to communicate with you whenever you sleep."

  Ohhhh... That makes sense. I looked down at the Jade necklace on my chest. "So that was you the whole time?" I whispered.

   "Oh~ this is GREAT!" Grandma started clapping like a toddler. "Not only do we have our female guardian leader, but we also know where the others are!"

      She shared an excited look with Mr. Joohyun. "Now all we have to do is wait for the first one to be chosen and then we'll be able to start looking!"

    Great, now I was confused again.

  "Wait, huh?" Bobby took the words right out of my mouth. Grandma made an 'oh' face as if to say she forgot something.

  "Oh right." Great,more explanations. "See, the jewels kind of have this certain way, or order is a more appropriate term, of how they want to be found. It's an order that the previous Gaurdians had to go through in order to get their Jewel back also. So when the next female guardian is supposed to be found, their male opposite's jewel will start to glow a certain color. I know, it's kind of annoying like that, but it's been a Guardian tradition for centuries."

      "Wait, Male opposites?" Jinhwan raised his brow. So I guess I'm not the only one out of the loop in this situation.

  "That..." She pointed at him with a grin. "Is a story for when the rest of the girls get here. Until then, we are going to start Baelynn on her training..."

    "Training?" That did not sound good. I really hope it had nothing to do with running, I at running. "It won't be anything like P.E.... will it?"

  "Oh no, sweety." Grandma giggled. "From what you said earlier about things flying around your room, it seems that you've inherited you're great uncle's ability of telekinesis and possibly telepathy. I wouldn't be surprised because his jewel was also a jade."

“Wait. So my great uncle is a Guardian?”

  “Uh-huh! He’s your late Grandfather’s brother, Cho Kyuhyun. He’s on a mission right now but you’ll get to meet him soon.”

  “And I have the same power that he has?”

“Yep! I’m not surprised. Guardians tend to pass down their abilities to the next generation. Sometimes they’re skipped a few generations too.”

     “You're really gonna teach me how to use it?"

  "Mhm! But we’ll start tomorrow after school, since it is a Monday and I don't want you missing your first day now!"

   "School?! As in college or High school?" I couldn't help but be a bit nervous.

     Grandma shook her head. "Oh no, dear. Neather. It's more like a special academy for the supernatural. Don't worry too much about it; the boys will be with you the whole day! Now, who want’s lunch?" She smiled and started skipping to the kitchen.

     Mr. Joohyun followed her, leaving me alone with the boys. They all smiled at me in excitement except for Hanbin; he just looked annoyed, like always. 

   Yeah, trust me, I'm not really happy about this either....

    



A/N: I know this might have been a confusing chapter, but that's just what I came up with. Hopefully ya'll can understand the gist of it. If not, please let me know! And I'm gonna try to upload pics of what their jewels look like. 

Baelynn's Jade:

Hanbin's Red Beryl earcuff: Ok so, imagine this with Gold instead of silver and with small red jewels made inside it.

Bobby-oppa's Black pearl bracelet:

 

 

Jinhwan-oppa's Emerald earing (only one): 

Yunhyeong-oppa's violet flourite armband:

 

Junhoe's Blue zoisite stud:

 

 

Donghyuk's Yellow sphalerite ring (it's a dark yellow and imagine it has a gold band not silver):

 

 

 

 

Chanwoo's orange topaz dragon necklace (imagine that the chain and dragon is golden.):

 

 

 

 

 

Oh, and Happy late birthday, Hanbin~ ^^