Chapter 03

-52 Degrees

While Junhyung took care of business, as he insisted, Jihae and Kikwang sat in her office, just looking at each other as though their life depended on it.

Jihae looked away first, to her surprise, and she did not look up again until Kikwang's hands slowly closed around hers.  And for once, it felt wrong.  Though holding hands was but the least they could do, she realized that by simply being in the same room, she wanted to do more and more each time he was near her...

"Am I making you uncomfortable?" he asked. It was a question that normally showed worry, but Jihae could not bring herself to ignore his tone of contradiction.  What was up with this guy?

Kikwang let go when she didn't answer and slid his chair back so he could properly lean against one of the many cabinets in the office with his feet on the desk.

Jihae made an attempt to swat his feet off, but realized that she had no intention of touching whatever the hell was on the floors of the club before it was pressed into the soles of his sneakers.

"Tell me," he started, "what made you decide to 'date' Junhyung?"

To this Jihae could not answer for she did not know the answer.

A lie would have been an easy way out, but a lie was something she did not want to give Kikwang...

So she shrugged.  Miss Kim Jihae could only respond with a shrug and continue to pretend scanning the paperwork in front of her, once in awhile wondering if she should take a peek in the folder that was tucked comfortably under Kikwang's shoes.

She looked up when she heard the chair's wooden legs slam on the floor and saw Kikwang leaning across the desk with his arms folded, looking extra bored and extra amused at the same time.

A Cheshire Cat grin grew and she remained quiet, expecting a ridiculous statement.  

"Then date me," he said.

This time, Jihae could not ignore him, and she could not pretend to ignore her own thoughts.

Say yes, Jihae.  Say yes and leave.  Say yes and be happy.  Say yes and do whatever the you want...with him...

Junhyung came in just in time to stop Jihae from giving an involuntary nod, and he eyed the two suspiciously--mainly Kikwang who was leaning more than a little too close to his girlfriend.  

Kikwang's mischievous smile remained as he rose from the beat up office chair to meet Junhyung's eyes.

"Hey Junhyung, Jihae's gonna be taking a day off with me...I hope you don't mind," he smirked as he gave Junhyung a hearty pat on the cheek and grabbed Jihae's wrist, pulling her out and away from a stunned Junhyung.