Chapter 02

-52 Degrees

Roughly, Junhyung grabbed her chin with one hand and began to examine her with burning eyes, turning her head left and right.

To him, she appeared calm.  Guiltless.  Not worried.  Not even confused.  Just blank.  Yet this intrigued him even more, and she knew this.  It was only a matter of time before she would see this side of him.  Almost everyone in his family was a gang member.  It was in his blood somewhere to have a violent side to him.  A frightening side.  But all the same, a side she did not fear, even if he had pointed gun to her head.

He let her go and she rubbed her face slightly to rid herself of the feeling of his grip.  It wasn't that she wasn't curious about the file.  Just that if it was really something bad, she would play it off and pretend that it wasn't.  In his eyes, she would always be an angel.  His angel.

"Don't ing play me, Jihae.  What the hell is this?" he growled menacingly, and slammed both hands on the desk again, causing some of her things to move barely a centimeter from its original spot.
Jihae did not respond even then, and waited for him to get even angrier.

If she was going to die, she would rather die amused.  It was entertaining to see just how monster-like Junhyung could become before he snapped completely.  She was willing to take death just for that.

His hands trembled and the desk shook with him, making it hard for Jihae to focus on her paperwork.  It seemed that he wasn't to give up or give in so easily.  This time, he seemed determine to make her surrender first.

"Jihae," another low snarl came from his throat, and she smiled this time.  There was nothing more fun than to drive others crazy.  This was her life.  To live, and enjoy living no matter what the cost.

A sharp slap whipped across her face and Jihae could no longer hold in her shock.

Even if there were different sides to him she knew there was yet to discover, she had not expected him to use the back of his hand.

Did he just ing slap her?

His breathing became louder, trying to hold on to that last ounce of control in him and kept his hand hanging in the air.  Jihae ignored his sharp eyes as she pushed herself away from the desk, stood up, and walked out.

Killing her was one thing.  Killing her pride, however, was a whole 'nother story.

Junhyung easily reached out and grabbed her arm to pull her back to say, "Jihae...I...I'm sorry...I don't know what came over me...I didn't mean to--"

"To what, Yong Junhyung?  Cut my face open with your ring?  If that's what helped you come to your senses then do it again.  Kill me if you want.  Whatever suits you," she replied sharply.  She made sure that each word came out clear and separated, like a robot, but in an even more emotionless manner.

Jihae did not bat an eye when he pulled her in close and squeezed her with his arms.  Though she knew he wanted to cry, and most likely would if that was what it takes, she felt nothing.  Absolutely nothing.

Her eyes trailed back to the folder, and she could only feel a sense of wonder by the folder's contents.

Whatever was in there obviously had more power against her than she thought.

Her mind was brought back to reality when Junhyung's tears wet the curve of her neck and her hair.  To her, he was pathetic and nothing more.

"Jihae, I'm sorry...please...forgive me...I...I would never hurt you..." he pleaded, sobbing even harder.

The game was over for her, and she sighed as her arms pushed against his chest.  If he wasn't going to give his all and get the dirt out of her, like hell would she find a chance to respect or even see him as a man.

Both Jihae and Junhyung looked up when someone knocked at the door.

The shadow was recognized instantly by Jihae, and she wanted nothing more than to tear Junhung's arms off and pull Kikwang into a kiss to show Junhyung the kind of real man she preferred over him.

She didn't care that she was shameless, nor that her lust for Kikwang had been taking over ever since that hazy night.  Despite the fact that she couldn't remember a thing except for their sloppy kiss in the morning, she just wanted him.

Junhyung began to straighten himself up and wipe off any trace of sadness or inferirority on his face when Jihae successfully reached the doorknob even with Junhyung's desperate bear hug.

Kikwang looked at the two and immediately seemed to regret his decision to see her, whatever the original reason was.  There was nothing but disgust written all over his face, and Jihae suddenly felt a sense of shame.

How was it that she could feel nothing, not even an ounce of guilt, when she thought about Kikwang and the things she would do to him if she never had ties with Junhyung...yet...when Kikwang merely laid his eyes on her with Junhyung together, she wanted to rip her own eyes out to avoid seeing such a crestfallen face.

"Usually I'd just let you finish whatever the hell you were doing," Kikwang began, "but Hyunseung just came back with a pouch of diamonds that he claims to have been 'dropped' into his bag..."

Jihae rubbed her temples and nodded, though Junhyung remained silent and observant.  With a glance to the folder and back to Kikwang, she reminded herself that there was no room for "wrong moves".