Chapter 7

Aesthetically Pleasing

Jongin stared up his ceiling forlornly, a frown marring his face. All his life, he has been trained to hide, never to tell anyone who he truly was, father just wanted to protect him that was what they told him. People mustn’t know about him. His life would be a mess if anyone knew.

The only person aside from his family and trusted employees who knew about him was Sehun. It was sort of inevitable seeming he was his childhood friend. It was his parents who talked to them together at a tender age of five, telling them how important it was to hide. His mother clasping his small hands in hers as he listened intently.

Years passed, Jongin started realising how ridiculous this was. When he was old enough to really understand what would eventually happen; he thought to himself why all the hiding. A bit of exposure wouldn’t hurt, would it?

Father went over the top with all of this, hiding who he really was. In fear that there would be paparazzi lurking in every corner, stalking his every move that will result to them hindering him from having the normal life like his parents wanted for him.

Jongin chuckled without mirth. Kim Jongin, the sole heir of Kim Corporation that no one knew about.

 

 

Jongin thought gloomily how it would have been easier if he had a sibling to share this burden with.

Instead of being raised a dickhead usually depicted in Korean dramas with the I’m a chaebol’s son do what I say if I say jump don’t ask how high just ing jump and the bow before me attitude, he was raised the opposite. All thanks to his parents who didn’t want him to grow up like an . He learned how to wash his own clothes to even as far as ironing them himself. On his fifteenth birthday, father told him he would be living in his own apartment the next year. Which he did. He did fine, he liked the independence that was given to him.

The only time he was comfortable using his privileges was in the bar. His father might have wanted to keep him away from the media but he made sure that Jongin didn’t become a recluse either. The “NO ID NO ENTRY” bar where he first met Kyungsoo was actually a bar especially made for him, where non-alcoholic drinks were made for him. He found it ironic how it had that kind of sign when the sole purpose was for him, a minor. He told his Father this, and that Kwangsoo was being a douche to someone and that he should get fired but his father just chuckled at him that the business world didn’t work like that. And besides he added, Kwangsoo was a loyal employee.

-

Two months has passed since he met Kyungsoo. He kept telling himself that what he was doing was wrong but he kept going back. It was only supposed to be a personal challenge to make the older man even look at him. Jongin did not intend to fall.

Jongin remembered raising an eyebrow at Kyungsoo when his drunken babbled that he couldn’t date younger men because he didn’t want any responsibilities bestowed upon him. He thought that his logic was bull. Wasn’t it a universal knowledge that age didn’t matter? But after thinking about it, people really did have some quirks that only them could understand. He supposed that one was Kyungsoo’s.

Damn Kyungsoo for catching his interest. The plan was simple, just to see if he would even look at him even after revealing that he was younger. At first he was ignored but once Jongin put an idea in his head he wouldn’t rest until he saw the end of it. He persisted, until the other man accepted him.

He didn’t expect for the lie to last that long. But, Kyungsoo kept on assuming things. From Jongin being in college to him ing graduating in Victory High. And what did Jongin do? He used those assumptions to make up lies about himself. He knew he was a bad person for doing that.

When they first slept together, it was surreal. Kyungsoo was … perfect. The way he fit against Jongin, it was like puzzles finally slotting in together. He was ready to confess then when they were sated, limbs tangled together but his guilt and fear prevented him from doing that.

Jongin wished that he would have known where Kyungsoo was going to teach earlier though. Kyungsoo has revealed that he was a fresh out of college English teacher but not knowing where he was teaching. Jongin always tried his best to avoid topics about professions because surely the questions will be asked back at him. He felt so stupid for not asking it sooner. If only he did, he would have given himself more time to prepare.

He had one week to confess. But he never did.

This situation was so ed up. Tears streamed down from his eyes. Kyungsoo was only supposed to be a personal challenge, he repeated to himself.

He wiped his tears angrily using his blanket. The last thing he remembered thinking before succumbing to sleep was how stupid he was for falling in love.

-

The sound of the alarm startled him into waking up. He was ready to go back sleep when he realised what day it was. He scrambled out of bed in speed time. . It was the first day back to school.

He paused then staggered back down on the bed when he remembered that it was the day. Kyungsoo would seeing him in school. He was sure he would as Vic High wasn't a big school. Only having three hundred students each year. He buried his face in his hands. His stomach in knots. .

Why did Kyungsoo have to be the one who had a rule not to date younger men? It took him a while to pursue him as a “twenty-one-year-old” just what would happen when he realised he was only seventeen. . Kyungsoo was going to break up with him. It was over.

Unconsciously, tears fell from his eyes. He shut his eyes to quell them. He choked back a strangled sob.

He did not want to lose Kyungsoo.

Since he  was fourteen, he had envisioned someone like Kyungsoo to bring to dinner to meet his parents. Kyungsoo was everything he would like in a partner; mature, dependable, loving, knew how to cook, he could banter with, and more importantly a friend.

And he found him, now he was about to lose him.

Wiping his tears angrily, he got up to get ready for school.

-

Cars honked at him when he crossed the road when the pedestrian stop light was about to turn red. He got distracted thinking which class Kyungsoo would be teaching in, wishing Kyungsoo wouldn’t be teaching him. As far as he was concerned, he had no teacher that was about to retire soon that need replacing. But then again, a lot can happen in the summer. .

He wouldn’t be able to spend at least an hour a day with him. It would only remind him of what he was about to lose, that thought alone hurt him too much.

Class 3-B was strangely quiet when he got outside the room. Everyone was usually noisy during the first homeroom back from summer vacation. Ms Lee, their homeroom teacher, allowed such behaviour on the first day, any day really, hence why everyone liked her. He approached the door with trepidation, brows creased in confusion. What was going on?

Without knocking, he opened the door. Immediately wishing he didn’t. He froze when he saw Kyungsoo staring at him looking shock like he felt.

He hurriedly walked towards his desk, knowing Sehun had already explained that he was always late as the latter was waving at him and greeting him with “I got your time of arrival right this timr Jonginnie!”. Mumbling a soft “good morning sir. Sorry I’m late sir” to Kyungsoo without looking at him.

"Did you know, the previous English teacher eloped?" he heard Sehun say. But he was hardly paying attention. He was going to get sick.

Kyungsoo was going to be his teacher. .

 


hello! i know its been like 2 months -ha -ha-ah ha-ha *laughs nervously*

ok before i allow u to throw stones at me. at least let me explain
fun fact: this fic was supposed to end once kyungsoo finds out bc that was the initial idea. but then i wasnt satisfied w that. and now that kyungsoo is well... aware of whats up. i can now use jongin's pov now which is nice
aside from that i have no other explanation. wait well! that other thing! i know Jongin has a gf now but if u frequent on tumblr, u probably know whats up. im part of that bandwagon. so ill continue writing fics about kaisoo

and i wrote a jongin doesnt know korean au if u want to check that out.

if u still wanna throw rock pls throw away ! :D