Chapter 6

Aesthetically Pleasing

It was the week before school started. Kyungsoo was elated. Finally, he would have something to do on the weekdays aside from idling in his apartment. All he did was read when Jongin wasn’t there to demand attention from him. Without the younger he was sure his summer would have been so dull.

He was currently immersed into reading over the school curriculum again, just liked he promised himself before school started, when he felt Jongin’s chin on his shoulder. They seldom hanged out in Kyungsoo’s apartment because it was relatively smaller than the younger’s and Kyungsoo was kind of inferior about it. But, the younger told him that he liked it and it felt cosy already despite him just moving in a few months back.

“What are you reading?” said the younger on his neck. He did not move his lips away. Kyungsoo let him.

“Reading over the school curriculum.” Was his reply which got a scoff and an expressionless, “Why are you so obsessed over that?”

“I’m a teacher Jongin, remember?” was his irate answer. The first time they discussed about him being a teacher was via those bloody text messages – what started it all. Kyungsoo was still deciding if those were a blessing or a curse. But, if he was being honest with himself he would say they were the former. Then, Jongin seemed to have danced away from the subject, now he was scoffing over him who was only trying to do his job.

Instead of answering, Jongin trailed kisses from Kyungsoo’s neck to his ear then to his jaw. When he wasn’t satisfied by this he coaxed Kyungsoo to turn around so he could kiss him on the mouth. Kyungsoo’s mean streak must be expiring because he just allowed the younger. When the parted, not before going for a couple more of quick pecks, “You’re so annoying” was the first thing that left Kyungsoo’s mouth, which was answered with a grin.

Kyungsoo turned around to his reading again while Jongin stuck around, keeping his chin on Kyungsoo’s shoulder. It only occurred to Kyungsoo then that Jongin might have went to the school he was going to teach in. He only realised then that he barely knew anything about Jongin’s educational background. They never discussed about it. Kyungsoo knew for one thing that he was in college, an intern at Kim Corps, and he was “good at what he does” but Kyungsoo wasn’t really sure what it was that he did. Kyungsoo had all these questions but he would eventually get his answered he told himself.

“Did you go to Victory High?” Jongin lifted his head when he heard this, not answering. Kyungsoo took the opportunity to turn around. “How did you know?” Jongin answered his question with a question.

“Lucky guess. It’s around the area. I just assumed.” He gave the younger a sheepish grin that turned into a smirk when he said, “Well, unless you’re one of those really posh types who go to Gangnam.”

“Soo please, I’m all in for the local. Yes, I did go to Victory High. Is that where you’re going to teach in?”

Kyungsoo only nodded and the next thing he knew he was not seated anymore and was being led towards his bed, Jongin holding on too tightly on his wrist.

He sat down hesitantly when they reached the bed, Jongin straddling his lap a moment later. Jongin held his head with both hands, then he was being kissed, as if the man kissing him has been deprived of water for days and Kyungsoo was an oasis in a desert.

“Keith Choi, stay away from him okay promise me,” was what Kyungsoo thought Jongin said in between kisses.

Kyungsoo pushed at Jongin’s chest to make him stop. In spite of this being the hottest thing Jongin has ever done since they started dating, he didn’t understand what triggered this. Not forgetting to vocalise what he was thinking.

He let out a deep sigh, “Keith Choi is this half Korean American first year English teacher and is a man- and people said that he likes the cute and you have to stay away from him because you’re cute but you’re mine,” was his answer in one breath.

“Um. Okay.” He was too taken aback to form a proper response.

When Jongin pleaded, “No, you must promise Kyungsoo, please.” Kyungsoo decided that there were some clearing up that needed to be done. He placed his arms on Jongin’s neck and started with a simple, “Answer me Jongin, who are you dating?”

The younger blinked a couple of times. “you” he finally answered. “Yes, me. Now. Who am I dating?” which got a, “me.”

“Now do you think I will go anywhere near this Keith even if he’s so good you think I’ll swerve away from you?” a head shake. Then he continued. “Now cut your insecurity crap because I don’t think I have ever said it before but yes I do like you do. A lot, actually. Did you know? Along with not dating younger men, I also don’t date mysterious men. And guess what you’re both. So you for even thinking that I might look at another man. I broke all my rules in dating so that we can get to where we are now and you doubt me. I think I should be hurt.”

Kyungsoo vaguely realised that they must have been the longest thing he has spoken to the younger since they met each other. He leaned in to peck him on the lips.

A moment later, his back was on the bed and Jongin on top of him. “, I love you. I love you,” he chanted into the kiss. When Jongin started ing his pants he just let him, because it was about damn ing time.

-

He never believed in the saying “dress to impress” he always believed that there were people who were naturally handsome and didn’t need clothes to make them look better. Of course he was one of those people. But he was currently rummaging his closet because he didn’t know what to wear, he might consider joining the dress to impress club.

He wanted to have a good impression on the kids he was going to teach. He wanted them to like him at first impression. All he wanted was for every one of them to pass. As a kid, he liked learning and knowing about the different languages but that didn’t mean that applied to everyone.

The clock on his bedside drawer indicated that he would be late if he didn’t get a move on. At the end, he went for the grey turtleneck sweater Joonmyeon sent him for his birthday a few months back and black slacks. Suit and tie would have been good too but Jongin adamantly said no with vigorous head shaking last night. The younger went home pretty late the night before. He wanted to stay over but Kyungsoo made him go home because he didn’t need the additional distraction in the morning.

Since they starting having the week before, they just couldn’t get enough. with Jongin was amazing. After they were sated that first time, Jongin explained that it was his first with a man. Telling him that he was out as a biual but he never really had much experience with men. He blushingly confessed that he watched gay to get the gist of what was going on in male-male . This only made Kyungsoo adore him more. Dammit.

He shook his head. Thoughts about Jongin and go away, I have innocent teenagers to teach today. Rated 19 thoughts not allowed.

-

When he arrived to the staff room, the staff welcomed him, he was the only new addition this year. True to form Keith seemed to really like the cute because he showed interest the minute he laid eyes on Kyungsoo. Why would Jongin ever feel insecure though? Jongin was way more good looking than him.

Kyungsoo forgot all about Keith and Jongin the minute the headmistress called him to her office. True to her words, the student profile of 3-B was only given to him now. His heart soared as he stared at the list, in his hands was the list of names of his first students.

The principal reminded him that he would be late if he kept staring at the page. A fond smile on her face, she knew that Kyungsoo was freshly out of college. She was probably remembering the first time she was assigned to a class herself. Kyungsoo said thank you, bowed and left.

He skimmed read the class roll while walking to class, he would read the student information sheets later at break. He scoffed when he saw a “Kim Jongin” on the list. Jongin was right, the surname Kim was indeed used a lot on Korea. He would have pondered more about this but he was still distracted by the fact that he was meeting his first ever class. He could only wish things wouldn’t get awkward as he had a student bearing the exact same name as his boyfriend. He walked on.

He paused by the closed door, waited until 3-B’s homeroom teacher noticed him. Hwang Jini was a petite woman, Kyungsoo was introduced to her briefly in the staff room. After what felt like forever, she finally noticed him and motioned for him to come in. He took a deep breath before pushing the door open.

All the students were staring at him. He cleared his throat awkwardly. “This will be your new English teacher this year. I know you’ve had Ms Lee since forever, but life happens. Please be nice to Mr Do, okay?”

“We will!” was the chorused reply.

“Okay, that’s homeroom finished. Have fun in English! See you all later,” she said cheerily.

Before leaving, bless her, she whispered to Kyungsoo, “They’re a nice bunch. I’m sure they will welcome you in no time.” Kyungsoo whispered his thanks then she was out the door.

“Good morning,” he made sure he had a smile plastered on his face. A chorus of good mornings answered him. An awkward silence followed that.

Dammit, all his preparation seemed to have jumped out the window. What if everyone hated him already? He cleared his throat. “So why don’t I do a roll call? I know you just had your homeroom before me, but this is for me. To put names on faces. Please bear with me.”

He went through the list in alphabetical order, receiving a “present sir” every time.

When he got to “Kim Jongin” there was no response. A tall, lanky student raised his hand. Kyungsoo asked for his name, Sehun, then motioned for him to continue. “Sir, he’s always late, that Jongin. Even the principal gave up on him.” Sehun glanced down at his wrist watch. “But knowing him for years, he’ll be here in a minute.”

As if on cue, Kyungsoo heard the door opening. He saw Sehun’s face lighting up, “there he is” he exclaimed.

Now that he was getting comfortable with the class, now having names to put on faces. He allowed himself to have a nanosecond of paranoia. What if this Jongin was his Jongin? What if Jongin has been lying to him all this time? Jongin said he was twenty-one. Kyungsoo never saw an ID. Kyungsoo assumed Jongin was in college. Jongin never commented on this assumption. He was always calling in sick to his internship, and never gotten told off. Jongin, a twenty-one-year-old, who was also from old money, didn’t own a car. He was told to stay away from Keith, when usually students who graduated from high school didn’t bother knowing their former teachers’ business. How could Jongin have known about Keith? Unless…

Kyungsoo turned around to face the late comer. Immediately wishing he didn’t.

By the door, stood his Jongin wearing his school uniform.


 

jfc finally ive reached this point. that was 11.1k words of introduction to the actual plot lmao

me: so do u remember the plot twist of that fic? i told u a few months back
friend: noooo
friend: oh  I DONT
me: ok      good heuuhehhuehuehue