Chapter 3

Aesthetically Pleasing

It took Kyungsoo almost a week before he noticed the additional number on his contact list. It took him about a second to figure out who's number it was. Of course it had to be him. Jongin.

After the we-had-! to I-was-kidding-ha!-I-got-you fiasco, Kyungsoo was mortified to leave his apartment, let alone go to any bar. Jongin was the only person he could think of who would dare put their number down on someone's phone anyway.

For the past week, he buried himself in his work, trying to get familiar with the school curriculum. He smiled to himself, he worked so hard for this. Now he was reaping what he sow, freshly out of college and already had a job. It was surreal, some people did not get that kind of opportunity and here he was.

He was going to be an English teacher. Just what he'd always wanted.

The only thing was, he was supposed to teach senior students. Which was a bit unfair, in his opinion, because these students were used to their former teacher and it would be harder for him to get closer to the class. He feared, what if his opinions and assessments wouldn't be taken into consideration. But then again, this year would be a vital year. Seniors would seek teachers' guidance like their life depended on it because they would want to get into good universities. That thought eased Kyungsoo's mind somewhat. He was like that when he was a senior. Kyungsoo just wanted the best for everyone of them.

Kyungsoo was told that the teacher he was replacing eloped with someone and was now off abroad. In all honestly, he would have been lucky to have a fixed contract but the school offered him a permanent one. Much better. None of the school body had been told about the eloping. Kyungsoo wondered what their reaction would be when it was him entering their usual English class instead.

The principal thought, for it to be fair, Kyungsoo wasn't given any of the students' profiles yet. He'd be getting them on the day. Kyungsoo felt like he was in the middle of double-blind testing -- where both parties wouldn't know what'd hit them. That, I can cope with, he reassured himself.

He stared at Jongin's number, wondering what he should do. Should he text him? Call, perhaps? However, he promised himself --and Jongin- that they wouldn't be seeing each other again.

After eating breakfast, he took off not even glancing back when Jongin hastily got up from dinner table to run after him.

"Hey! It's Friday! That's basically the weekend right? Why won't you stay in instead?" He shouted after him.

"Nope," he answered without looking back at Jongin, Not with you I won't. A minute later when he remembered his manners that he had seemed to have forgotten about, he glanced at Jongin and added, "Thanks by the way. For the food and you know.." He paused. He had never got wasted in front of a stranger before. If he wasn't mortified still over the joke Jongin had pulled he would have been embarrassed. "Just, you know. Thanks. Seems like we won't be seeing each other again. Therefore. Thanks." He left after that.

Now he remembered, before he went out the house, he saw a flitting smirk on Jongin's face. He interpreted it then as I embarrassed you you're cute smirk). That smile was probably because he has managed to type in his digits in Kyungsoo's phone when he was still sleeping- or God - when he was pissed drunk. That bastard.

His thumb hovered over the delete button. Coming up with the conclusion that what good will it give him whether he had Jongin's number or not. Sure, he felt like they had something and Jongin was good looking, but he was two years too young for Kyungsoo. He did not date younger men. And, with all Jongin acting all cocky and know it all. Kyungsoo was sure that Jongin was the walking definition why he never dated younger men.

As if knowing that his number was about to get deleted. A messaged popped up, coming from that number.

wre u ever going 2 text or call me? ? ??

A muscled jumped on Kyungsoo's jaw. The nerve of this guy. Jongin didn't only put in his digits into Kyungsoo's phone he managed to get his number too. Kyungsoo reminded himself to put a password on his phone.

Like he was ever going to. Even if he noticed the number the day after it was put in his mobile he wouldn't have opened any line of communications with Jongin anyway. If Jongin wasn't so young, he'd date him, sure, but also he wasn’t that easy.

No. He answered and left his phone on the desk before going to the kitchen to get something to drink. Reading school curriculum was actually tiring.

When he checked his phone again. There were four new messages.

HEY U ANSWRD!

hi how r u

hyunnngggg reply. m bored

…wait u do kno who dis is ryt?

Kyungsoo desperately wanted to ignore him but he also knew that if he continued giving Jongin the silent treatment he would only annoy him even further. Kyungsoo thought that was Jongin's kind of character.

Yes, Jongin. I know this is you.

Almost a second later there was a reply. He must have not left his phone at all.

yay! u actually remember me woo

Kyungsoo scoffed, who would forget such a person. he said to himself.

Yes. Yes.

r u busy ryt now? am i keepng u from smthng?

He wanted to reply, Yes, I'm busy. but it seemed like even in text messages he could not lie. He already finished reading everything and pretty much have them memorised he would have to read over them again before the first semester start to get familiar with them again. Just in case.

Instead he typed in, No, I just finished reading over the school curriculum. I'm just relaxing now.

sch curriculm???? ure 1 of those stdents who read those???

No. Jongin. I'm a teacher.

He replied slower compaired to the previous ones. Kyungsoo pondered if that fact shocked him. Didn't he have a face of a teacher?  But then again, he was only young, who would have known. He replied with a simple, oh.

Kyungsoo thinking that was the end of the conversation left his phone again and went off to take a shower. It was a hot day. He had a love-hate relationship with summer. He liked the season because he was allowed to wear short-sleeves and shorts and hated it at the same time because it was just damn hot.

When he went back to retrieve his phone there were two new messages from Jongin, again.

tlk to me. m so bored

hyunnnngggggg, dont ignor me now :(

Kyungsoo was almost amused, but intead of smiling he let a frown settle between his brows instead.

Don't you have friends? Go play with them. Trying to come off as irritated through text.

He didn't expect a reply  so soon because he was in the shower for about half an hour but it seemed like Jongin still haven't left his phone because a reply came in immediately.

no, they hve summer jobs :( m lonly

Kyungsoo remembered how Jongin said he had intership that morning.

Didn't you say you have internship yourself? It's Friday Jongin. Are you even at work?

nah, called in sick

Again? Are you actually sick this time? Kyungsoo's brows furrowed further. What kind of college student Jongin was? He did not have internship for his course over the summer but he knew some people who did and he heard that they had been scared to miss a day in case it affected their end results. Why was Jongin slacking off too much? Then he remembered the younger was from old money, but being rich did not mean anything if your grades were on the line.

haha. why

Nothing. Just, where do you work at?

gtting intersted in me now r u? ;)

i wrk at Kim Corp

Kim Corporation? Wasn't that the biggest electronic manufacturing company in Korea. He remembered some of the people in university talking about how hard it was to get an internship in there. And here Jongin was, just calling in sick whenever he pleased. Then he remembered vaguely Jongin mentioning that he was a Kim, then it clicked. Or, so he thought.

So nepotism then.

It took Jongin ten minutes before replying. Not that Kyungsoo was paying attention of the time. It just that, what if he went over a line? He didn't even know who Jongin really was and here he was accusing him of nepotism. He regretted sending the text the minute he saw that Jongin had seen it and took time to reply. .

Relief wash over him when he received a reply. He did not ed up that much then if he was even granted a reply.

:o i cnt blieve u'd accuse me of that hyung! idek who the ceo of that comp! and besides, there's 21.6% of krean ppl bearing the fmily name kim! (i googled) whats the odds that im related to kim corp? i kno wht ure thinkng its hard to get internshp there. but i mst inform u. im good at wht i do ;)

Kyungsoo would never admit, over his dead body, that a wink smiley gave him so much relief. Jongin didn't take offence of what he has said.

He wanted to ask what it was that Jongin did because he had actually no idea but he put that in his will-ask-next-time list. Next time. What the , since when?

Kyungsoo did not know why he was being like this towards Jongin. With Joonmyeon and Wendy, he'd say the rudest things and wouldn't even feel a pang of guilt.. Besides, they did the same to him. All the time. Maybe because Jongin was new and he had done nothing but show kindness to him even he had came out as rude countless of times. Just when will Jongin give up on him. That was the question.

Almost unconsciously, he typed in "sorry" and hit send.

aww hyung. its ok. buy me another drink then??? :DD as an apology?? 

It was almost cute, having someone as persistent as Jongin. Usually when he showed sign that he wasn't interested they would just leave him alone and wouldn't dare attempt ever again. But Jongin, he was like a puppy who wouldn't leave you alone once you gave it an ounce of attention.

He wanted to say no, absolutely 100% no.

When he hadn't replied for about five minutes Jongin sent another message.

I WON'T GET U DRUNK THIS TYM. IM GONNA SCOLD U WHN I C U DRINKING TOO MCH. I JUST WANNA GO OUT PLS IM SO BORED. GONNA DIE

Kyungsoo couldn't help himself. He barked out a laugh.

Just this once. No more. He promised himself.

Okay.

YAY! will be seeing ur face cute again! :D

 

 

 

 

_____

wassup y'all.  Im sorry. Good stuff will be coming soon.  I hope heueheuehueheueheueh