Chapter 5

Aesthetically Pleasing

If any Kyungsoo’s friends told him months ago that he would find himself falling for a younger man he would have laughed at their faces. Why would he find himself falling for a younger person when he promised himself he never would? But, he certainly would not be laughing now.

Kyungsoo found himself officially dating Jongin a few weeks later. He was not exactly sure when that happened. Was it after the movie date? Did it start then? Or, did it start when they shared their first sober kiss for the first time?

Being with the younger has nothing been but blissful. He could not seem to remember things in a chronological order. In his mind, every moment spent with the younger were jumbled together. Jumbled happy memories. When did he start sounding so soppy? Ah .

What used to be a weekly meeting turned into twice a week, and all of a sudden they were hanging out four days a week. Kyungsoo should have known better. He knew he was getting attached to the younger but he let him in anyway. When Jongin came in knocking, at first he reluctantly let him in. The younger being a persistent puppy, would always come back until Kyungsoo’s reluctance turned into openly accepting.

Kyungsoo found himself heaving a deep sigh of longing every time they parted. As sentimental as it was, time spent with him was the best Kyungsoo’s ever had, and at the end he’d not want part yet. Jongin always coming back reassured him, though.

Even if he was younger, it seemed that he had a lot of knowledge in him. He knew these shortcuts around Seoul that he evidently told Kyungsoo every time they passed by one. And, despite coming from old money, Jongin did everything around his apartment, from cooking to cleaning the place. Kyungsoo was mildly impressed by this.

Their first kiss, Kyungsoo remembered fondly, was actually endearing (to him)) and embarrassing (mainly to Jongin). They were once again in Jongin’s apartment, sharing a tub of ice cream while watching a movie. Kyungsoo had been distracted thinking about why he was there again – why was he allowing himself to do this– when Jongin called out his name, breaking him from his reverie.

“Hyung, you’ve got something on your lip.”

Confused he answered, “Huh?”

The younger pointed at his upper lip, a tender expression gracing his face, “You’ve got ice cream on here.”

Kyungsoo was alarmed and tried to wipe it off hastily. He hated when stray crumbs got on his lips.

“Still there.” Jongin teased. Kyungsoo glared in answer to his teasing and dabbed at his lips again.

“Let me get it.” Was the last thing Kyungsoo heard before his entire being promptly melted into a pile of goo.

Without finesse, Jongin leaned in to kiss the ice cream away. His lips lingered for a couple of seconds before pulling away. When Kyungsoo managed to command his body parts to function he saw how Jongin’s ears slowly turning into a lovely shade of pink. He bit his lower lip, eyes on the floor.

“It looks nice in the movies,” was what Kyungsoo thought he heard the younger say. “This is embarrassing. Excuse me I’m gonna go cry.” He exclaimed while getting up from the sofa.

On reflex, Kyungsoo caught Jongin’s wrist to prevent him from getting up. That stopped the younger, staring at their joined hands. When Kyungsoo was sure he wasn’t going to leave, he let his hand drop to his lap. He sat up straighter, looked at Jongin in the eye and said haughtily, “It wasn’t that bad of a kiss.”

Which was a lie. Oh, who was he kidding. His lips felt so soft against his. If he was not ing all about no-dating-younger-men, he would have demanded for the younger to kiss him again.

Jongin immediately sat back down beside Kyungsoo. A gleam of delight evident in his eyes, but as if having remembered what he just did, apologised.

‘It’s fine Jongin.” if it was someone else, I would have threatened them for harassment. Funny how threatening to file a harassment was not his first reaction. If Jongin did that the first time they just met, Kyungsoo wondered if he really would have done just that. But that was in the past, here he was, trying to comfort the younger instead.

Jongin bit his bottom lip, as if wanting to say something but could not find the words. Instead, he learned on for a quick peck on Kyungsoo’s mouth and mumbled, “I really like you, you know.”

Kyungsoo had not meant to smile, but he did anyway.

 --

 

One thing Kyungsoo liked about dating was that he could cuddle with his partner. He loved cuddles. They were currently cuddling on Jongin's sofa, it was spacious enough for them both. His head on Jongin's chest.

“No boyfriend of mine wears SpongeBob boxers.” Kyungsoo teased, when he used the bathroom earlier there was a SpongeBob boxer in a hanger probably there for drying. Jongin seeming to only remember about them when Kyungsoo was already in the bathroom rushed after him, snatching the boxers away, letting out embarrassed laughter as he left the bathroom. Kyungsoo just raised his eyebrows at him.

“I like SpongeBob, go away,” he said sleepily.

“He’s annoying as ,” Kyungsoo continued on his teasing.

“Hey, take that back.”

“We can’t agree on things; we should just break up.”

“’m too sleepy to argue with you. Okay, I’ll stop liking SpongeBob.”

Kyungsoo grinned so wide his cheeks hurt. He adored Jongin so much. He thanked all the gods that they ended up dating, if they didn’t he would have indulged himself in self-hatred for the rest of his life. He was so glad that he got over his irrational no-dating-younger-men shenanigan. Jongin was Kyungsoo’s oasis in a desert. The first time they kissed it felt like he had finally found home for the first time. Jongin was just so perfect for him. When Kyungsoo doubted himself Jongin would just know the right words to tell him to keep him going again. He would pamper his face with kisses until all the tension has gone away. In return, because Jongin was still such a child. Kyungsoo would not forget to reprimand him when he did wrong and the younger would listen to him, determination in his eyes, using what Kyungsoo has said to do better. They were perfect for each other. They were like two sides of the same coin.

“Idiot,” he whispered fondly and grabbed a pillow which he then threw at Jongin’s face.

 

im sorry this took sooooo long :(

for kaisoo day i wrote a small oneshot which i really enjoyed writing hhahah jongin exclaiming "lightsaber !" who can resist

but yeah sorry this took soo lonngg  and to my friend who this fic is for. i promise u hope u will get the ending before ur bday this year comes around again haha.