Chapter 1

Aesthetically Pleasing

to those who subscribed to a two chap fic. this is an update. i promise read it again :c 


"Oh for 's sake!" Murmured Kyungsoo under his breath.


There were two things he hated the most in life.

Firstly, dating younger men because the idea of being the older in a relationship terrified the out of him. Being older in a relationship, he thought, would mean he would have to be the responsible one and quite honestly, he did not fancy any of that.
Being the youngest child of the Do household, made him, let’s say, spoiled. He would not even try to deny that because it was nothing but the truth. His older brother was responsible of him, for example when Kyungsoo accidentally broke their mother’s favourite vase. His brother owned up instead of him because Kyungsoo was adored and he did not want his younger brother to get into trouble.
Because of this little Kyungsoo was given the impression that this was how relationships should work, older one get to be the responsible one. Kyungsoo now knew that it didn’t quite work like that but he could not take it out of his system now. It was there. Yes, he would be turning twenty-four in a few months. To this day he hadn’t dated anyone younger and he wanted to keep it that way, thank you very much.

Secondly, he abhorred, loathed, and everything that was synonymous to hate when people point out that he looked like a kid. He already knew that and he didn’t need anyone pointing it out, you very much. Joonmyeon once told him that his logic didn’t make sense. Why would he be offended when people mistake him as a kid when he basically admitted that he liked people coddling him as well. His retort was that the part where he liked being coddled and taken cared of were family and lover privilege only. Then Kyungsoo rolled his eyes at Joonmyeon as if he couldn’t even put two and two together.
Joonmyeon only nodded and gave him a tight smile and didn’t argue any further even when he still didn't get it.

He bitterly remembered that one time in uni when his friends decided to go clubbing in celebration of the end of semester exams. The ing bouncer didn’t let him in because he said and Kyungsoo quote, “you look like a kid.” He was nineteen then but he had no way of proving that. God must really hate him because he was too excited about the promised beer. He left the dorms in a rush causing him to forget his wallet where all his money, and anything that could have proved his age in it. His friends only gave him sympathetic looks before getting inside the club. Great friends they were.
He could not make himself  hold any grudge though because he could understand after all it was to celebrate the end of term exams, they needed that. So did Kyungsoo, he needed that too but what choice did he have. Instead he went back to the dorms and cooked himself some food and watched movies until his friends got back. Thinking back, from an outsider’s point of view he really did look pitiful but he actually enjoyed the movies and he had relaxed, but still.

After that Kyungsoo developed an unjustified hatred towards all the bouncers in the world. He classified them all as evil.

=

So far, life in Seoul has nothing been but pleasant. No rude people telling him that he looked like a kid. Seoul was more populated than the place he grew up in, people didn’t care what their neighbours was up to. They pretty much minded their own business and that suited Kyungsoo just fine. He also hadn’t seen anyone whom he may want to date. Not that he was looking for anyone, thank you very much.

Commitments, he shuddered. But it has been years since I last got laid. He thought forlornly.

Kyungsoo was that man who believed in romance but was afraid of commitments at the same time. Romance was good. It was heart eyes at each other and cuddles and kisses. Commitment on the other hand. It was like tying yourself tightly on a chair with no way of breaking free. Kyungsoo didn’t do commitments. All his life he’d only dated two people. Three if he included that one time he dated Wendy for eight days.

He was fourteen okay and he was exploring. He realised at a young age that he didn’t have girl crushes but had crushes on boys and that worried him a bit. Here, Wendy came in, she was nice, lovely, had a cute smile, and he may or may not have heard them talking about how she had a crush on him. Kyungsoo shrugged why not, it was worrying him that he wasn’t having crushes on girls and Wendy was nice and had a crush on him. It was a win-win situation. She got the chance to date him and him in return could test if he was able to feel anything towards a girl. But thinking about it now, wow even as a kid. He was an utter and a damn opportunist.

After eight days he realised that it wasn’t working and he wasn’t feeling anything for her. Yes, she had been nice but that was all. His heartbeat didn’t quicken like every time hr got a glimpse of Joonmyeon.

Joonmyeon was a year his senior and damn he had a crush. Who didn’t? Joonmyeon was the walking definition of perfection.

He told Wendy this and she smiled at him and said “I know right.” He did not have to outright tell her he was gay, she probably figured it out on her own. Kyungsoo confirmed that when she said, “Let’s still be friends though, you’re a great person to hang around with and hey.” She paused, as if thinking about something important. “I could be your pretend girlfriend until you’re ready to you know.” She did a gesture with her hand. Kyungsoo knew she meant come out. “To fend off leeches who get crushes on anyone who has beautiful faces.” He kissed her on the cheek, a gesture of gratitude.

They’ve been great friends since then.

 

He came out before turning seventeen. He got nothing but support, his parents were okay with it even telling him that they knew from the start and that they were very proud. Unlike any other high school cliché he wasn’t bullied because queer or not he was adored by many.

Then came Joonmyeon who confessed that he has been liking him for a while now and Kyungsoo may or may not have internally squealed because oh my god. Kyungsoo obviously wasn’t paying enough attention because he spent half of his high school life being sad over the, he thought, fact that Joonmyeon was straight as a pole. After dating he discovered that Joonmyeon was bi and he wasn’t really overt about it but he wasn’t hiding it either.

Wendy squealed at him for about ten minutes when he told her about the confession.

Sadly, the relationship ended when Joonmyeon graduated because the smart bastard got a scholarship from an American University. They both decided that long distance relationship was hard. Joonmyeon also argued that the next school year would be Kyungsoo’s senior year and that he should focus on his studies and get into a prestigious university. Kyungsoo didn’t sulk for weeks after that. Nope. He got over it and used Joonmyeon’s words as motivation and really he deserved to get into prestigious university. He had the credentials.

They still kept in contact and were great friends.

 

The third lasted for about two weeks. He was a sophomore in college. That man was a mistake, he was probably the reason why Kyungsoo has commitment issues now. He was a heartthrob to say the least and Kyungsoo fell. He was that cliché heartthrob who used his for thinking. Kyungsoo discovered that he was a cheating , and damn Kyungsoo actually loved him. He confessed to Kyungsoo right before the end term finals, and because Kyungsoo has been crushing him for some time already said yes quickly. Might have been too quickly. Which was a mistake because Kyungsoo took his studies earnestly therefore he had no time to date then. Kyungsoo forgot about him for two weeks. That bastard was also with them during that fiasco at the bar when he wasn’t let in. He didn’t even consider staying behind with Kyungsoo. The latter still felt bitter.

The day after that, a mutual friend of Wendy and his, told Wendy that she saw Kyungsoo’s boyfriend being comfortable with some dude’s oesophagus. Friend also mentioned that said boyfriend  hadn't comsumed any alcohol so therefore there was no way in hell he was drunk.

This, Wendy told Kyungsoo.

He was livid what the .

Wendy was also livid. She sent Joonmyeon  a PM who was still in States and he was also livid.

Kyungsoo rang the bastard and broke the relationship off. Kyungsoo was upset for a few days because there was a lot of what if and have been. That bastard really did look good. Hmm. But Kyungsoo got over it quickly because yes he was a bastard. Kyungsoo deserved better. And here he was three years later without a love life.

=

In a two months, he would start teaching at Victory High School. He was elated. It was his first time being an actual teacher. He had to be a student teacher for one semester during his last year of college but this was the real deal. It was him, handling the kids. No more experienced teacher in the room with him monitoring him when he ed up. The downside was that he had to move from his tranquil province to noisy Seoul but that was fine at least he has a job now.

Funny, when a person like him who hated being the one responsible, became a teacher. Who was expected to be responsible for more than one person. He happened to like teaching, he first discovered this vocation when friend s didn’t get a particular topic he was always there to help and he enjoyed teaching. Liked seeing the faces of people who didn’t have an idea about a topic light up after he had explained the topic to them in more detail.

Yup, God really must hate him.

=

He had been exploring the night life of Seoul since he got there. He went to a different bar every other night to check what each bar had to offer. If he was being honest with himself, he was just checking out the male night goers. He suppressed the urge to roll his eyes at himself.

The bar that caught his attention tonight had a flashing “NO ID NO ENTRY” sign and he really rolled his eyes this time.

 He was chipper and smiling while approaching the bar until the bastard of a bouncer decided to dampen his happiness with ice cold water when he reached the front door. The bastard stopped him from entering even before Kyungsoo was able to show him his ID.

"You looked about sixteen years old," the guard said disdainfully after giving him a once over.

Kyungsoo was livid what actual the . Here it went again. Kyungsoo eyes narrowed at the bastard. He ing did not. Kyungsoo didn’t say a word but hastily pat for his wallet and took his ID out. He passed it to the bouncer. Kwangsoo (it said on his nameplate) more like Kwangpoo, his very mature (thank you very much) brain added, examined his ID for a few moments then gave it back.

He gave Kyungsoo a too fake smile, Kyungsoo gave him a fake smile of his own and was about to barrel in but the bastard stopped him with a, “Kid, go home and bring your fake ID with you.”

He spluttered. What. The. . He has never felt so furious in his life. Did this bastard just? He was used to people calling him a kid by now but accusing him of lying? This .

“Excuse me?”

“Your ID is fake I said go home and stop wasting my time,” he said this in such a manner like Kyungsoo was a nuisance that should off.

Kyungsoo has never felt so insulted before, this er. “FYI, Mr Stupid face, I have graduated from one of the most prestigious universities here in Korea and don’t you dare accuse me of lying. I am twenty-three as it says in my ID. I would phone my former university for you if you desperately want a proof that I am not sixteen but it is late at night.”

“Kudos to you for graduating from a ‘prestigious university’ when you use stupid face in your vocabulary,” he dared use air quotes.

you’re going down, “Well that’s what you are.” Kyungsoo gave him an unimpressed stare.

Kwangpoo stared back, opening his mouth to say something but it seemed like the words wouldn’t come out. Kyungsoo gave him a slight smirk. That can only mean he already won. Easy.

He was about to drill this er more when an arm slung loosely on his shoulder and he felt a kiss on his cheek.

“Oh come on, why are you picking a fight with Kwangsoo-ssi? I told you to stay near me.” All of Kyungsoo rage disappeared because of that voice. It had a soothing effect on him. Kyungsoo hasn’t dared to look up at the person. The voice continued, “Sorry Kwangsoo this one is with me. Isn’t he pretty?”

Pretty!? Never had he been called pretty. Cute, yes. Adorable, yes. But pretty? Well he did stare at himself in a mirror, studying his face structure intently once. Pretty. Hmmm.

He dared a glance at the owner of the calming voice and damn. Aesthetically Pleasing were the first words that popped up his brain.

Aesthetically Pleasing led Kyungsoo inside without showing Kwangsoo his ID or even giving the latter a second glance.

Kyungsoo’s twenty-three years old brain couldn’t stop thinking ‘Irrelevant Pimple’ and he snickered. He couldn’t believe he nearly got trampled by an Irrelevant Pimple.

“What’s funny,” Aesthetically Pleasing asked, amusement evident on his face.

“Nothing,” Kyungsoo lied. Then he remembered. “Hey you kissed me!”

Aesthetically Pleasing smiled at him, “it was only on the cheek please. Don’t be such a prude.”

Kyungsoo rubbed the spot where he has been kissed and muttered, “I’m not a prude.”

“Oh yeah?” he smirked. “Name’s Jongin by the way.” Reaching out his hand for a handshake.

Kyungsoo shook the hand, “Kyungsoo. Do Kyungsoo.”

Jongin gave Kyungsoo a dazzling smile, “Buy me a drink?”

And how was Kyungsoo supposed to say no to that?

 

=

Kyungsoo got woken up by an annoying ringing that couldn’t be mistaken as alarm clock. He reached out with his eyes still closed for it. To turn it off or throw it to the wall for it to break into tiny pieces. The latter sounded more satisfying. His head hurt goddammit. Shut up! But to his surprise, what he touched instead wasn’t his bedside drawer where he put his alarm clock but something soft. Something chiseled. He felt for more. Smooth and firm. Hmmm. A sudden realization hit him. That’s a chest. A very defined chest. Oh .

He slowly opened his eyes. Fearing what he would see once his eyes were fully open. First thing he noticed was Jongin from last night with his arm pillowed under his head. Oh double s!

Then the ness. Why was there a stranger on my-? He glanced around the room. This was not his bed! Oh triple s.

Then the last but not the least, not least at all, was that he himself was ! Oh quadruple s!

Quintuple s!

tuple s!

Septuple s!

Octuple s!

Nonuple s!

All the s!

He shook Jongin vigorously to wake him up.

“Wha-,“ he asked groggily. At any other circumstances Kyungsoo would have found that y but not now.

“What the am I doing here?!” he exclaimed.

Jongin seemed to wake up at that, “We slept together.” He said in a way that hinted that he would have said duh. He must have seen Kyungsoo's alarmed expression and didn't add that in.

“How old did you say you were again?” Kyungsoo asked so quickly. Kyungsoo had a bad feeling, he vaguely remembered but he wanted it confirmed.

Jongin gave him a look as if saying, why does that even matter? The was great, wasn't it?

A small smirk graced his lips. The nerve. Kyungsoo wanted to smack him so badly. “I said I was twenty-one.”

“WHAT THE !”


 

HI! i changed this from present to past tense (bc present is pain in the to write- for me)
and i put more details into the fic because i found the previous one very dull
[and yes i shipped wendy and kyungsoo for like 5 minutes bc of something delusional i have a tweet proof im not lying]


i know i

feel free to throw stones at me

landscapingstone.jpg