Chapter 9

Light

💡

“Excuse me.” She shyly called the desk nurse.

“Yes?”

“Do you know where Park Chanyeol is?” She asked.

“Park Chanyeol?” the nurse repeated. “He’s in r--”

“Looking for me?” A low voice interrupted.

She smiled from ear to ear at the familiar tone. “Ung.”

“What are you doing here?” Chanyeol asked.

“Just thought that I should pay you a visit this time” She replied.

He laughed at her simple answer. “Let’s go then.”

“Go where?”

“To my room.”

.

.

“Wait here. I just need to clean up a bit.” He told her before entering the room.

It’s not like I’ll see the mess anyway… she thought while waiting.

A few minutes later, Chanyeol came out of the room. “Okay. Come in.” He told and guided her into the room.

“I’ve never been inside a doctor’s room before.” She said, feeling around the area. “Too bad I can’t see it.”

“Sit here.” He told her, leading her hand towards the chair he provided. “It’s nothing special really; just a bed, closet, and desk.” The boy described.

“Oh what’s this?” She asked as she tinkers with a picture frame she grabbed from the desk.

“That… that’s my mom.” He weakly replied. “You have a picture of your mom in your room too. You have the same smile.”

 _____ faintly smiled at how Chanyeol described her mother.

“She passed away giving birth to me…” She told him in a gloomy tone.

_____ started crying at the thought of her mother’s death. “Umma…” She whimpered. “I’m sorry…”

Chanyeol gently pulled her into his embrace. “It’s not your fault. Don’t cry.” He said as he her back.

“That’s not what I’m sorry about…” She cried. “Umma died to save my life… and here I am trying to hurt myself!”

He hugged her tighter as he continued to pat her back. “You won’t do that anymore, right? You told me that you wouldn’t…” He softly reminded her.

_____ continued crying as she nodded to Chanyeol’s question. “I won’t… I’ll never do it again.”

With a satisfied smile, Chanyeol separated himself from her and wiped her tears away with his thumbs. “Stop crying. You look ugly when you cry.” He laughingly told her.

She laughed with him and nodded again.

“Do you like ice cream?” he asked her.

“Ung.”

“Ice cream tastes best after crying.” He said with a soft chuckle. “let’s go get some!”

_____ wiped her tears and laughed as she stands from the chair. “Ung. Let’s go!” She exclaimed, raising her arm like a super hero.

And with that, Chanyeol and _____ walked their way to the cafeteria to eat their frozen treat.

“Noona~” He cutely called to one of the cafeteria ladies.

“Aigoo~” The woman sweetly answered. “Our handsome prince is here!” She shouted to her fellow employees. “What do you want to eat?”

Chanyeol laughed at their treatment towards him. He’s only been in the hospital for a few months yet he has already befriended every doctor, nurse, janitor and cafeteria assistants in the whole building.

“2 of this please~” He cutely asked.

“2?” She asked. “You’ve always asked for 1.” She said, confused by his change of routine.

The lady softly chuckled. “Is it for her?” She teasingly asked.

“Ung!”  He happily replied.

“Aigoo~ ladies!” She shouted to her workmates. “Our prince is finally taken! There’s no hope for any of us anymore!” She jokingly bellowed.

“NO!” her co-worker strongly replied. “I don’t care! I will steal him from her! Besides, I am much prettier than that woman. Look at all my curves” She said with confidence.

“Aigoo! You have too many curves! Especially on your stomach!” the lady replied and laughed hysterically with her.

Chanyeol and _____ laughed with them. “Don’t worry, noona.” He laughingly said. “We’re not dating.”

All the female cafeteria employees loudly cheered together at the spark of hope Chanyeol gave them.

“Aigoo~” The lady added with an embarrassed sigh and gave him two packs of red bean ice cream.

Chanyeol guided _____ to the nearest table and sat with her as they unwrap their ice cream.

“Tasty isn’t it?” Chanyeol asked her while eating his ice cream.

“Ung.” _____ replied with a big smile on her face. “Red bean ice cream is my favourite.”

“Really? Mine too!” Chanyeol said with too much excitement.

The two laughed until tears formed in their eyes as they chatted until night time.

“Waa~” He exclaimed.

“What is it?” She asked.

“Come. I’ll show you.” He replied and eagerly stood up from his seat.