Chapter 10

Light

💡

“Where are we going?” She asked as she tries to keep up with Chanyeol’s fast footsteps.

“You’ll see.” He said and continued to drag her up the stairs.

“Idiot.” She laughingly called him. “I can’t see, remember?”

“You’re the idiot. Not me.” He replied. “I told you that I’ll be your eyes, remember?” he mockingly added.

_____ didn’t answer back until Chanyeol opened a door.

“Wa~ so pretty!”

“What’s so pretty?” She asked. Curious to what Chanyeol can see at that moment.

“Better than just pretty.” He replied with a chuckle.

“Ya!” She laughed with him.

Chanyeol held her hand again to lead her to a nearby bench.

“Sit.” He told her.

_____ sat down and grasped her arms. “It’s cold. Where are we?”

Chanyeol took off his jacket and covered her freezing arms with it. “We’re at the hospital rooftop.”

She softly smiled at Chanyeol’s kind gesture. _____ carefully grabbed the sides of his jacket and pulled them closer to keep the cold breeze from coming in.

Gently, he took hold of _____‘s head and aimed it upward. “Look! There are many stars tonight! Do you see them?” He giddily asked.

_____ laughed and replied, “Ung. I see them. They’re so bright and beautiful!”

Chanyeol laughed with her and turned her head to the left. “The moon is even brighter. It’s a full moon tonight.”

“Is it big?” She asked with a grin.

“Ung. It looks so close you can almost touch it!” He replied.

“Waa~” She said with amazement.

Chanyeol chuckled at how easy it was to entertain _____. “Oh! A shooting star!” he shouted.

“Where?!” She asked; turning her head from side to side.

He steadied her head at the center. “There.” He answered. “Make a wish.” He added.

_____ closed her eyes and made a wish just like Chanyeol instructed her to do.

“What did you wish for?” He asked her.

“If I told you, it won’t come true.” She replied with a chuckle.

“That’s not true!” He responded. “Whether you tell me or not, a wish on a shooting star will always come true.”

_____ laughed at his innocent reaction. “Okay then what did you wish for?”

“Me?” He asked and paused to think. “I wished that I could become as bright as those stars one day.”

She chuckled at his answer and replied “What do you mean by that? Do you want to be a celebrity or something?”

Chanyeol chuckled back and said “It’s hard to explain. But becoming a celebrity isn’t bad either.”

“Heol~ you have to be talented and handsome to be a celebrity, you know.” She teased.

“tch that’s it? I’m handsome, talented, and tall too. To tell you the truth, plenty of talent scouts chase after me everyday!” He confidently stated.

_____ laughed her heart out until her cheeks hurt. “really?” she asked in disbelief.

Chanyeol took her hands and placed them on his cheeks. “Check for yourself!”

_____ blushed at his sudden action. Gently, she felt Chanyeol’s cheeks, nose, forehead, ears, eyes, chin and his lips.

he’s warm and not as bad as I thought she told herself

“You have elf ears!” She laughingly shouted to hide the awkwardness. “I’m going to call you Keogwi (big ears) from now on.” She added.

“YA!” He shouted back in annoyance.

“But you’re handsome. ” She said with a chuckle. “Are you talented, though?”

“Of course! I can sing, rap, play guitar and play the drums.” He bragged.

“Oh yeah?” She teasingly asked.

“Yeah!” He assured.

“Prove it then.” She laughingly challenged him.

“Fine! I’ll show you tomorrow.” He said and confidently accepts her challenge.

“Okay!” She said with excitement.