Yonghwa; her bias, her mentor and her saviour

Desire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] [/CONTENTID1] [CONTENTID2] [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]Jieun passed all the selections and now she will perform in live broadcast. With 10 contestants passed till live show. And one of the contestant was her friend from her high school. Bae Suzy.

They are friend but not close friend though. And Jieun was someone who seemed couldn’t trust anyone on her high school time. Suzy was a popular kid in the high school back then while her self was just a joke target to her friends. Everyone on her high school hated her and maybe Suzy as well hate her.

But as time passed by, they became closer and gave each other the strengt to go throught the competition together. Jieun felt grateful and she really wanted to become a winner but if it’s Suzy who got the first place. She will congratulate her and happy for her. Because that was how friend should do right. Support each other in every situation they have just like how her friendship with Inna work.

It was already stepping in 7 weeks of live show competition of K-Pop Star and Jieun really excited for performing her own bias song next saturday. After almost in every episode she sang other artist’s song, she wanted to dedication the song to her mentor and her only bias, Jung Yonghwa.

“Are you really want to performing this song?.” Yonghwa asked for the four time in a day. Jieun made a face behind of Yonghwa’s back. And smiled to her mentor.

“Yes. I’m one hundred percent sure to performing this song. Why Yonghwa-ssi?. I really like this song of you.” Yonghwa smiled a little, and pated Jieun’s head and ruffled her black silk like hair.

“I like this song too... it’s just you know this song was from the guy point of view.” Yonghwa explained.

“So?” And Jieun being herself of a stubborn bull, just stared at Yonghwa with her already big eyes. Yonghwa couldn’t help it but pinched her chubby cheeks. And pull back his hand from that soft skins. He smiled awkwardly, didn’t know why he could being this impulsive when he was with this girl.

“Okay... okay.. I’m give in. Make sure to make this song can bring you the the next steps araseo.”

“Yess Boss.” Jieun saluted and giggled making Yonghwa couldn’t help but joined her in laughter. He felt free just laughing at something who didn’t even funny.

 

--00—

It was already the time for SBS broadcasting the live show of K-Pop star, Jieun could hear a lot of audiences cheering over her friend’s name, Suzy. After Eunji perform her song, now the time for Suzy to make her appearance. Although it was apprehensive that Suzy has the most fans even before she make a debut. Jieun felt happy for her too. Suzy is the prettiest girl in the competition anyway so it was not a suprise.

Jieun from the back of stage, watching Suzy in the screen that patched in the wall. With nodding her head drowned in the song. Suzy has a beautiful voice too, but if she could be honest. She preferred Eunji’s voice over Suzy’s, and she wouldn’t state it out loud for the sake of their friendship. But does a friend shouldn’t a lie to each other?. She didn’t know and didn’t want to think about it now. Because heck Suzy’s performance was already finished and after this was her turns. She could feel a few bullet of her sweat drop from her forehead and her back. She knew she was gross. But really who wouldn’t feel nervous, come as the last performing with a great contestans already sang their song before her.

Jieun listened carefully to the judges who gave a few comments about Suzy’s performance, and it was not all good. Suzy had a mistake and Mr. Yang could catch it. She noticed how Suzy’s face become a little red.

 Did she feel alright now?

After the commercials time ended and the stage setting was ready. Jieun waited for Yura to call the next contestant which is her.

“Okay, it is already come to the last contestant. Are you guys feel excited for the next contestant, Lee Jieun?” Yura pointed out her mic to the front and not a little audiences gave a YESS answers making Jieun smiled in assurance.

“Ne..ne... I know . I feel excited for Jieun-ssi performance as well. Lee Jieun-ssi come to the stage please.” Jieun took a deep breath and smiled showing her cute dimples to everyone. She didn’t aware her smile was the cutest thing though. She just knew everyone like it when she smile like that.

She began strumming her guitar gave a full attention to the melody who came out and when the right time came, she opened her lips and let out her melodic voice to everyone in the studio and in the home or anywhere who watched her performance now.

When I look at you my face gets red

When I see you my heart goes thump thump

I talk with syness like a kid

When I look at you I just smile out of nowhere

Like a fool I keep doing that

I think love came to me

You’re a darling

You’re more beautiful than the stars above the night sky

The shining thing deep inside my heart

My own light

She finished the song perfectly, got a loud applaused from the audiences and the three judges. Her heart went to the thump thump as her eyes stoped in the right spot. Yonghwa’s eyes was the warm eyes she has ever seen. He smile sincerely at her and gave her two thumps up. She scratched her hair a bit, didn’t know why she was being shy.

“Aww, that was a sweet song Jieun-ssi. And it was Yonghwa’s-ssi song right...” YuRa came beside of her. Making her back to herself.

“Yes..” She replied meekly. Yura nodded and gave Younghwa a mischievous smile.

“Do you the one who gave that song to Jieun and make your own song to be popular again Yonghwa-ssi.” BoA beat Yura over, and asked Yonghwa instead.

Yonghwa laughed awkwardly, he was a little ashamed become the only attention and couldn’t say anything, when Jieun just brushed them off by saying the sudden statement.

“It was not Yonghwa-ssi recommendation. It was me, I really want to perform this song and begged him to gave me an approval. I really like this song.” She said honestly making Yura squealed in delight.

“Aww... it was like a love confession through the song.” And that honest out burst just made Jieun and Yonghwa more awkward in their position.

 Is it really like she was cofessing her love to him? They thought in the same time.

“Err..hmm.” Yang Hyunsuk clear his troat making Yura came to her professionalism self. She bit her lip and continued with the show.

“Oh, sorry I got carry away in this lovey dovey situation. So now time for the judges to give Jieun some comments. First Mr. Yang please...”

In his head Yang Hyunsuk rolled his eyes at Yura fangirling-ness.

“It was good. Although I kind of hope you will perform something who will pull out your true talent. But it was good your voice match well with the song. Good luck for the next week.” Jieun smiled hearing a positive comment from Mr. Yang.

And same like Mr. Yang the other two judges feel satisfy with her performance gave her more spirit to do a better work. She really wanted to prove it to her mother if she really can persue her dream without her help or Mr. Yang’s help.

 

--00—

 

 For the up coming show Jieun gave her true self color of music, and getting more support than before. Less comments negative about her from some antis in Youtube or some articles. And what made her more delight was some agency seemed taking interest in her. But she already had one choice in thought, one agency that she really desired to settle down. The agency that made Yonghwa's name big, Loen Ent.

Jieun just took a break after three hours non stop practicing her vocal with Yonghwa. She scratched her forearm feeling tired and thirsty. She hummed the melody she had practiced before. It was a difficult song if she was being honest. But she really wanted to perform that song. Even though if she make a mistake when performing that song tonight, it will go fatal for her. She still has he faith that everything will be okay, she already excercised and had her voice steady. She believed she will make it, singing the most difficult part of Good day’s, the three octave part.

“Jieun-aa...” Jieun looked up, smiled at Suzy who just finished her dance practice.

“Hey... you didn’t look okay. Why?” She spared the space beside of her and tapped her side seat to Suzy. Suzy smiled lifelessly and sat down beside of her.

“Nothing. Just something dread came to my mind when I see you a few minutes ago.” She said jokingly and laughed. Jieun gave her, her angry bull face but smiled in continue.

“Hey, I know something is bothering you now and it’s alright if you didn’t want sharing it with me now. But don’t make it disturbing you okay. We have to focus on semi final tonight.” Suzy stared at Jieun in a long time making Jieun smiled awkwardly. True, they have become a close friend but it was just sometimes Jieun still feel awkward and kind of clueless with Suzy.

“Why...”

“You looked thirsty, I get this to you...” Suzy gave the yellow water to her, and smiled widely at Jieun. Kind of assuring her that the water in that bottle is the best one.

“Hey, it’s okay. It was just lime water I made before going to practice. It’s good to our throat.” Jieun took the bottle from Suzy and laughed awkwardly, she didn’t mean it that way.

“Of course I know it’s okay. I didn’t mean...” Suzy cut off her explaination with a light laugh of her. Jieun thought Suzy’s laugh is the prettiest laugh she had ever seen.

“I know Jieun. But I’ll give you some advice though. You can’t just trust anyone in this industry. You know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter