Chapter 6: Friendly Feelings

My Interesting Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon’s POV:

I almost got a heart attack when I realised who my new desk mate was. Was this fate’s sick joke? How could happen?! It has been 10 YEARS! And he just so happens to sit next to me? Wait..wait..wait... It may not be him..? Like they do look different… Yeah! It is probably not him, I mean… Let’s just see

“So class, I want to go around the class introduce yourself when it's your turn. Talk about anything you want everyone to know, like your name, faculty, hobbies, clubs... Just talk about yourself.” Mr Kim interrupted my thoughts when he said that. I quickly realised that this was a good opportunity to learn more about not only find out about this ‘Baekhyun’ but also to find people for my band. “So let’s start with… Ah! Yoona, why don’t you go first.” I knew most of her classmates already, being in the same class and club as many them and all. I didn’t really pay attention to the introductions until it came to my desk mate’s turn, looking out the window to look at the beautiful tulips in the school garden, they are my favourite flower, simple and sweet and not too expensive of course. I turned slowly towards him, careful not to make it too obvious that I only paid attention to his intro. 

Third Person POV:

“Hi everybody, I’m Byun Baekhyun. I’m from the music faculty, the vice-president of the Hapkido club in school, so if anyone wants to join do look for us at the fair. My birthday is on the 6th of May, so I just turned 17. I can play the guitar and bass, my favourite subjects are Chemistry, Biology and History. Oh! And a fun fact about me is that I’m from Jeonju…” The last part rang in Taeyeon’s head as she soon realised that the person right in front of her was her ‘best friend’. Her eyes widened in shock but she quickly controlled her expressions, afraid someone would notice it. The rest of Baekhyun’s introduction went in and came out of her head, still not having recovered from the shock. All of a sudden, all the memories of the two of them hit her like a ton of bricks. She remembers all the things they went through, the fun they had and the promises they made. 

Taeyeon could not control her excitement when she realised that her best friend had finally returned back to her side, even after they lost contact. But she was suddenly struck with fear when she quickly envisaged the hate and shock he would have in his eyes if he ever found out who Tae Kyung was. Taeyeon’s excitement slowly turned to fear as she started to be afraid that if Baekhyun ever found out about her secret, they could never be friends again and he would hate her for lying to him.  

“Taeyeon? It's your turn.” Taeyeon woke from her imagination. Looking up, she saw everyone looking back at her with anticipation. Slowly standing up, Taeyeon tried to calm herself down and bring herself back to reality. Trying to get her thoughts together, she started her introduction slowly and softly. “Hi.. everyone. My name is Kim Taeyeon and I’m in the Music Faculty as well…” She paused for a while, taking a deep breath in to calm herself down. She had never been so nervous before, she never had stage fright, loved to meet new people, but yet her hands were shaking so badly. Probably because the thought of Baekhyun so close to her now made her insanely nervous. But, she didn’t want to give her new classmates a bad impression so she imagined herself singing the rest of her introduction. 

Singing has always calmed her down no matter what was going in her life.“And I am in the dance club. Come to see my booth tomorrow for my a band I’m setting up at the fair tomorrow! I also love Biology and Mathematics and Music of course. And a fun fact about me is that I have a dog named Ginger and she is probably the most precious thing to me.” Taeyeon continued as though singing a song, with rhythm, dynamics and all. 

“Thank you, Taeyeon. Oh and just on time, you guys are released for lunch. But of remember to think about who you want as your class president and vice class president. Make sure you spend more time to get to know your classmates better because you will be together for the next year. Ok, I’ll see all of you at the hall for t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter