Chapter 4: Those 10 Years

My Interesting Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---------5 Years Ago-----------

Baekhyun's POV:

It has been two years since I last saw Tae Kyung leave, I miss him so much that I even dreamt about seeing him again last night. Today I am writing my 105th letter to him, I write one to him every week. And even though he never replies, I like to think that he still receives and reads them well and maybe just couldn't find the time to reply... 

TWO YEARS!!!!! Who can't find even a single minute in that time to write back to their best friend???!!! I miss Tae Kyung so much, and I feel like something is missing in my life without him here... But sometimes I feel that he doesn't care about me as much I care about him. The only reason I keep writing to him is that I still want to feel connected to him, I want to think that he still cares about me and thinks about me, but when he stays quiet like that, I really feel like I lost the person that means the most to me. I look down to my letter and see my tears fall and stain the paper, now do I realise that I was crying, I really just want him to come back...

Taeyeon's POV:

Two years... Every week I get a new letter from Baekhyun, that is always the highlight of my week, learning about what he did that week and what stupid things he did to get himself into trouble. He always talks about how much he wishes that 'I' could be there with him by his side. But he wants Tae Kyung, no me. That's why I never wrote back, I didn't want to lie to him anymore, I couldn't think about I was lying to the most important person in my life. So I chose to avoid the problem then actually solve it. 

That probably isn't the best idea, scratch that, it is the worst way. But, I just want to still feel that Baekhyun is still connected to me, Taeyeon, not Tae Kyung. Sure I'm lying to myself and him, but I can't imagine losing him because of my stupid secret.

 

----------1 Year Ago------------

Third Person:

Both Taeyeon and Baekhyun have grown up significantly since the last time they met. Baekhyun has grown up to be good-looking, with his dark brown hair that perfectly covered his eyes slightly, slightly pinkish thin lips and a sharp V-shaped jaw that looked sharp enough to cut anything it touched. He grew out of his awkwardly long limbs, and also bulked up with lean muscles because he picked up Hapikdo. Baekhyun became ‘good friends’ with Kai and Chanyeol when Tae Kyung moved, he never called them his ‘best friends’ because he kept that special title for someone else. The three of them got into the same High School and moved to Seoul from Jeonju to attend school,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter