Chapter 5 - Family Vacations

Boys Be

It continued on like that, Seongcheol finding almost every excuse he could to invite Jeonghan to his house and Jeonghan doing the same to go. No matter what excuse they gave they always found a way to relax together, usually doing little of what they said they were doing and mostly watching television and listening to music in Seongcheol’s room.

A few weeks later Jeonghan was over like usual, he and Seongcheol sitting on the couch while Seongcheol’s mother made dinner. The television was on, the two of them alone in the living room. Seungah was in her room, Seongcheol’s father wasn’t home yet, and they were enjoying themselves.

Letting out a comfortable sigh, Seongcheol leaned back against the couch, eyes straying from the television as he instead focused on Jeonghan beside him. He couldn’t quite wrap his mind around everything that had happened but he liked it all. Smiling to himself he reached out, resting his hand on Jeonghan’s shoulder and letting himself twirl a few strands of Jeonghan’s hair between his fingers. Jeonghan didn’t look away from the television but he did smile, shifting his position so he was resting against Seongcheol. That only made Seongcheol smile more, his arm instead dropping to rest over Jeonghan’s shoulders.

When Seongcheol heard his mother walk into the room he turned around, looking over the back of the couch. Jeonghan followed his lead, both of them smiling as she walked up to them. Seongcheol did move his hand to rest in his lap just as she got to them, Jeonghan nodding quietly in response.

“Seongcheol, what are you up to this weekend?” she asked, Seongcheol blinking a couple of times before simply shrugging.

“I don’t know, mom,” he replied, looking to Jeonghan. He shrugged as well, Seongcheol turning his focus back to his mother. “Why?” She sighed.

“Your grandparents want your father and I to come visit for the weekend. I assumed you’d have things for school so I was going to ask you to watch the house,” she explained, humming in thought. “If that’s alright, that is. We’re going to take your sister with us, so you wouldn’t have to watch her at all. If anything, it’ll be a nice, relaxing weekend.”

Seongcheol was quiet for a moment before he simply shrugged, nodding.

“Sure, I’ll watch the house,” he agreed with a smile, his mother reaching down to muss his hair just a bit. Seongcheol’s lips twitched down into a frown, his mother pulling her hand back a moment later.

“Good. I figured I’d ask before it slipped my mind,” she said, Jeonghan looking at Seongcheol’s messy hair and reaching up to fix it. Seongcheol smiled at him, letting Jeonghan run his fingers through his bangs as his mother turned to walk away. “Dinner should be done soon,” she added, glancing between the two and making a quick exit. Seongcheol grinned.

“So, do you want to spend the weekend here?” he asked, Jeonghan smirking before nodding. He glanced at the doorway, making sure Seongcheol’s mother wasn’t in the room before he leaned forward and pressed a kiss to Seongcheol’s lips. Seongcheol just smiled into it, eyes closing as he returned it with a little hum. Jeonghan pulled away, his lips just slightly as Seongcheol opened his eyes. “So… yes?” he asked, Jeonghan laughing and reaching out to punch Seongcheol’s shoulder.

“Yes. I’ll stay the weekend,” he replied, rolling his eyes and flopping back against the back of the couch. Seongcheol laughed, turning and laying down so that his head was in Jeonghan’s lap. Jeonghan didn’t even bother looking down, only let his fingers toy absently in Seongcheol’s hair as the other closed his eyes. There was a long pause before Seongcheol heard Jeonghan sigh and he opened one eye, looking up at him and catching a bit of a frown.

“What’s wrong?” he asked, Jeonghan looking down and shaking his head. Seongcheol raised a brow. “No, tell me what’s up,” he added, Jeonghan biting his lip before glancing away.

“You really want to spend the weekend with just me?” he asked in a mumble, Seongcheol’s brows furrowed as he looked up at him in slight confusion. He nodded.

“... Should I not?” he asked in response, Jeonghan laughing and shaking his head. Seongcheol sat up, legs crossed under him as he leaned against the back of the couch facing Jeonghan. They were close enough to whisper to each other and Seongcheol spoke in nothing more than a mumble. “Why would I not want to spend a weekend alone with you? You’re… My boyfriend, right?” he asked, Jeonghan’s cheeks both heating up in a blush. He smiled, focus trained down at his lap as he nodded with a little laugh.

“... I don’t know,” he mumbled in reply, shooting a sideways glance at Seongcheol. Seongcheol’s eyes widened until Jeonghan continued. “You never actually asked me.”

At that Seongcheol grinned, leaning close to the other and tapping the tip of Jeonghan’s nose with his own. Jeonghan laughed, recoiling a bit with pursed lips.

“You’re so cheesy,” he said in a fake grimace, Seongcheol laughing before he quieted down. Jeonghan relaxed as well, the two looking at each other. Seongcheol didn’t notice himself absently playing with Jeonghan’s fingers but he was, Jeonghan trying hard not to grin.

“So? Be my boyfriend?” he asked quietly, making sure Jeonghan was the only one that could hear him. Jeonghan stifled a laugh.

“I already am, you nerd,” he replied, failing at hiding the laugh when Seongcheol sat up straight.

“Then why’d you make me ask?” he said through a pout, Jeonghan still laughing as he reached up and mussed up Seongcheol’s hair a bit.

“Because I wanted to hear you call me ‘boyfriend’ again,” he murmured, Seongcheol staring at him with wide eyes. They sat there like that for a few moments until Seongcheol’s mother called them in for dinner. Then he leaned forward, pressing a little kiss to Seongcheol’s nose before he stood and walked into the kitchen. Seongcheol watched him the whole time, grinning happily before he got up and jogged after him.

Dinner that night was uneventful and Jeonghan ended up staying the night again. He’d taken to leaving a spare uniform at Seongcheol’s house so he didn’t have to rush to clean the one he’d worn the day before so all he’d had to do was call his mother and let her know. She seemed a bit hesitant but allowed it, Jeonghan heading to school with Seongcheol the next day.

Walking from his first class to his second Seongcheol met up with Hansol and Wonwoo, both going the same direction and talking about nothing in particular.

“I’ve been so bored lately,” Wonwoo said, mindlessly flipping through a few pages in his notebook to make sure it was the right one. Hansol nodded in agreement, looking to Seongcheol expectantly.

“You have any fun plans this weekend?” he asked, Seongcheol yawning and shrugging.

“Well, my parents are gonna be out of town so I was planning on spendi-”

He didn’t even manage to finish the sentence before Hansol cut him off.

“Woah, your parents are out of town?” he asked, Wonwoo pausing in the reading of his notes and looking up.

“Really?” he added, Seongcheol looking between the two of them and sighing.

“Can we throw a-”

“No, Hansol. We’re not throwing a party,” he cut in, shaking his head and continuing to walk to his class. Wonwoo and Hansol followed him. “I was just going to hang out and at home, but if you two and Mingyu want to come over… I guess that would be cool,” he mused, Hansol and Wonwoo looking at each other with a smirk.

“Alright. We’ll come over sometime on Saturday,” Hansol said, getting to his classroom. Wonwoo followed behind, looking back to Seongcheol.

“We’ll text you later about it,” he added, Seongcheol looking at the two and nodding. When they got into the room and the door closed Seongcheol sighed, walking to his classroom and settling in his seat.

He had wanted to spend the weekend alone with Jeonghan but he supposed that having the three of them there wouldn’t change much. Even if they slept over they could stay in the guest room, and the five of them would probably just spend the night watching movies and playing video games, anyway. It wasn’t his original plan but it definitely could have been worse.

On the way home that day Seongcheol kept quiet, trying to decide what to say to Jeonghan about the entire ordeal. Jeonghan kept his eyes on Seongcheol, lips pursed in thought before he cocked his head.

“What’s wrong?” he asked, Seongcheol looking over with a hesitant smile.

“What? No… Nothing’s wrong,” he mumbled, turning back to the road. Jeonghan just quirked a brow, crossing his arms over his chest.

“You’re the worst liar I’ve ever met,” he replied, rolling his eyes. Seongcheol laughed awkwardly, nibbling his lip nervously. “Tell me. What’s up?” he asked again, Seongcheol pulling into his driveway and parking the car. He turned to Jeonghan, frowning a bit.

“I might have accidentally invited Mingyu, Wonwoo, and Hansol over tomorrow,” he said, Jeonghan staring at him expectantly. “I wanted to spend the weekend with you, but it just kinda happened. Sorry,” he mumbled, Jeonghan narrowing his eyes.

“Wait… that’s it?” he asked, Seongcheol nodding. “That’s fine.” Seongcheol stared at him, Jeonghan shrugging. There was a silence before he smiled, even chuckling a bit. “Were you expecting me to be mad about your friends coming over? Oh my god, it’s fine,” he said in a reassuring tone, reaching out to rest his hand on Seongcheol’s. “I wanted to spend the weekend with just you, too, but we can do that any time. Don’t worry about it. I’m sure it’ll be fun.”

Seongcheol grinned, linking their fingers absently as he let out a little sigh. For a moment the two just sat in the car, smiling at each other and simply enjoying each other’s presence. Then Seongcheol leaned forward, pressing a kiss to Seongcheol’s lips.

It started out simple, more of a peck than a kiss, but right as the connection broke Seongcheol leaned forward again, catching Jeonghan’s bottom lip between his teeth and on it for a second before kissing Jeonghan once more. Jeonghan gasped a little into the kiss, eyes closing as he gave Seongcheol’s hand a little squeeze. When Seongcheol pulled away they both kept their eyes closed for a moment, Jeonghan following after Seongcheol to try to keep the kiss connected longer. He failed, lips parted as he let out a content sigh and sat back up. Seongcheol just smirked.

“Let’s head inside. I don’t know if anyone’s home or if they left already,” he said, opening the door and grabbing his bag as he headed inside. Jeonghan nodded, sitting in the car for an extra second to collect himself before he followed him.

As often as the two were together things hadn’t progressed much past simple kissing and little touches. The bite had thrown him off guard but he definitely didn’t dislike it, Jeonghan along his lower lip slowly as he walked into the house.

It turned out his parents were leaving early the following morning so Jeonghan and Seongcheol ended up spending the night playing video games in his room. Along with his uniform, Jeonghan had also taken to leaving a few changes of clothes and some essentials, Seongcheol graciously donating one of the drawers in his dresser to Jeonghan so he had a place to put his things. Because of that Jeonghan didn’t have to go home, which saved Seongcheol a trip and gave them more time to relax.

The next morning Seongcheol woke up early to say goodbye to his parents, letting Jeonghan sleep and sneaking back into bed after his parents had left. He watched as Jeonghan smiled, eyes cracked open as he wrapped his arms around Seongcheol’s waist.

“It’s really early,” he murmured, voice scratchy from sleep. He looked at the clock on the wall for a second before shaking his head at it and looking back at Seongcheol, seemingly giving up on trying to focus on the numbers. “What time is it?” he asked, Seongcheol shaking his head.

“Don’t worry about it. It’s too early to be awake,” he replied with a grin, curling up on his side facing Jeonghan. He yawned, Jeonghan nodding in agreement and scooting closer to Seongcheol. He rested his head on the other’s chest, humming as he kissed a spot near Seongcheol’s collarbone. Then he closed his eyes, nuzzling close to Seongcheol and falling asleep moments later.

The next thing Seongcheol remembered was his phone buzzing near his head, Seongcheol opening one eye to see where it was. He grabbed for it, answering the call and holding the phone up to his ear.

“What…? What’s up?” he asked, hearing a few voices on the other end of the line. The one that stood out was Mingyu’s, laughter being the first response before he started speaking.

“Man, it’s after one in the afternoon. Wake up,” he said, Seongcheol groaning. Jeonghan yawned, tiredly looking first at the phone and then at Seongcheol.

“Who’s that?” he asked, Seongcheol reaching over and running his hand through Jeonghan’s hair.

“It’s Mingyu,” he said, pausing. “And I assume he has Hansol and Wonwoo with him…?” he asked, Mingyu laughing once again.

“Yeah, they’re here,” he replied, pausing. “Who’s there?” he asked in response, Seongcheol looking at Jeonghan. He had his eyes closed, nuzzling his head into Seongcheol’s touch as he continued to mess with his hair.

“Jeonghan,” he replied, Mingyu humming in response. “What did you need?” he added.

“What time did you want us to head over?” Mingyu asked, Seongcheol letting out a little sigh.

“Right… Give me a couple hours,” he replied, Jeonghan pushing himself up so he was resting on his elbows. There was a bit more conversation, Jeonghan not paying too much attention to it and simply trying to wake himself up. When Seongcheol hung up he groaned, setting his phone on his nightstand and flopping back down onto the bed. He rubbed his face with his hands, groaning into his palms as Jeonghan to his side.

“How long do we have to get cleaned up?” he asked, Seongcheol not even taking his hands from in front of his face.

“I told them to be here at four or so,” he replied, voice muffled. Jeonghan nodded, humming to himself in thought before he sat up and stretched. That was when Seongcheol moved one of his hands, peeking at the other and smiling at him as he moved.

He had never gotten tired of waking up next to Jeonghan, with his hair a mess and eyes barely open. It was nice, something he looked forward to, and he didn’t see that happening any time soon. When Jeonghan turned back to him, though, he quickly covered his face with his hand again, pretending he hadn’t been looking despite the grin on his face. Jeonghan just smiled to himself, reaching down and moving Seongcheol’s hand from in front of his mouth to give him a little peck.

“I’m gonna take a shower, then,” he said, Seongcheol nodding and letting Jeonghan get to the bathroom and close the door before he finally sat up. He went downstairs, getting food for the both of them and waiting until Jeonghan was done with his shower to take his own.

For the few hours they had by themselves they didn’t do much, focusing on cleaning up and getting the downstairs ready. Because they didn’t have to worry about Seungah or Seongcheol’s parents they were free to stay downstairs which was always great; not only was there a bigger television but there was more space, something they always needed and appreciated.

Before either of them had even had a chance to turn the television on and relax a bit the doorbell rang, Seongcheol looking at the door before getting up to open it. Mingyu immediately pulled him into a hug, Wonwoo and Hansol walking in and heading straight to the kitchen after waving at Jeonghan. They both came back with chips, Wonwoo settling in a chair near the couch and Hansol on the floor in front of it. Seongcheol just raised a brow.

“Sure, you can get some chips,” he said, Jeonghan and Mingyu laughing. Hansol just waved at him.

“Thanks,” he replied, Wonwoo laughing from his spot behind him. Seongcheol grinned, shaking his head and settling next to Jeonghan on the couch. Mingyu followed suit, stretching out by himself on the loveseat and relaxing with his hands behind his head.

“Got anything planned?” he asked, Seongcheol looking at him before he simply shrugged.

“Not really,” he replied. “Usually we just do whatever, so I figured we’d just… do whatever,” he added, Mingyu laughing. “I have games, movies… We can order pizza because there’s no way I’m cooking.” Wonwoo laughed between bites, nearly choking on the chips.

“You know, my mom still won’t let you into our kitchen,” he said, Hansol grinning up at him. Jeonghan blinked, looking between the two of them. He raised a brow.

“Should I ask…?” he said, attempting to prod the two into explaining what they were talking about. Wonwoo just smirked.

“He tried to make a cake and he burnt the hell out of it. He legitimately forgot that it was in there, didn’t set a timer and just… He destroyed the pan and the stove. It wasn’t fun. We laugh about it now but at the time… Not so much.” Hansol chuckled as Jeonghan turned to Seongcheol, who had sunk a bit lower in his spot. He frowned, Jeonghan shaking his head and patting his thigh.

“It’s okay. I can cook for us,” he said softly, Seongcheol’s expression immediately softening as he looked at Jeonghan. Mingyu glanced over at them, eyes narrowed as he watched the two interact. When Jeonghan gave Seongcheol’s thigh a squeeze Mingyu raised a brow, watching Seongcheol drop his hand on top of Jeonghan’s and grip it loosely. After that he turned to the television, Hansol having gotten up to find a movie the five of them could watch.

For nearly the whole movie their focus stayed on the screen, only making jokes in scenes that didn’t particularly matter to the plot. Near the end Jeonghan laid down instead, head resting in Seongcheol’s lap as Seongcheol absently ran his fingers through his hair. As the credits started to roll Mingyu looked over, keeping an eye on the two of them but not saying anything about it. Instead he cleared his throat, stopping the movie and sitting up.

“So… What now?” he asked, Hansol looking over and crumpling the now empty bag of chips. He set it on the table, thinking for a second.

“Pizza and video games?” he suggested, Wonwoo immediately leaning forward.

“I second pizza,” he said.

“I also vote yes for pizza,” Jeonghan said, raising his hand. Seongcheol already had his phone out, going through the deals on the website of their normal pizza delivery. He didn’t even bother asking everyone what kind they wanted, ordering multiple different kinds along with breadsticks and chicken wings. He got the total, dividing it into five and letting everyone know how much they owed. Smiling softly, he leaned down, lips near Jeonghan’s ear.

“You don’t need to worry about paying me,” he said quietly, Jeonghan smiling. “I’ll cover you.” Looking at the other three boys to make sure no one was paying much attention to them, Seongcheol pressed a soft kiss to Jeonghan’s ear, Jeonghan closing his eyes, taking in a quick breath, and biting his lip a moment later as he smiled.

Mingyu caught the end of it, shaking his head at the two but saying nothing. He simply chose a game, tossing Seongcheol one of the controllers and keeping the other one for himself.

The games continued even after the pizza got there, the five of them taking turns playing and eating. Eventually the controllers went to Hansol and Wonwoo, the two sitting on the floor in front of the couch. Jeonghan and Seongcheol were sitting cross-legged in the same seats they had been in before, Mingyu nibbling on a breadstick as he watched the game progress.

Sighing softly, Jeonghan rested his head on Seongcheol’s shoulder, watching the screen for a while before he instead turned his attention to Seongcheol. He kept his focus there for a second, making sure no one was paying him any mind before he leaned close and kissed Seongcheol’s neck. Seongcheol immediately and sharply inhaled, turning to look at Jeonghan with wide eyes. Jeonghan just sat up, blushing slightly.

“Hey…” he started, Jeonghan only shrugging.

“Sorry, I just… Nevermind, I’ll stop,” he said softly, shaking his head at himself and clearing his throat. He looked away, Seongcheol watching him before he stood. He kept his sights on Jeonghan, smirking just slightly before he turned his focus to the rest of them.

“Anyone thirsty?” he asked, Hansol raising one of his hands but not bothering to stop playing. Wonwoo did the same, gaze focused on the screen and not looking away. Leaning forward Mingyu started to stand, opening his mouth to ask if Seongcheol needed any help. He didn’t get a word out, Seongcheol shaking his head. “No, it’s cool. Me and Jeonghan can do it.”

Raising an almost disbelieving brow at the two of them, Mingyu shrugged and sat back down, watching Seongcheol and Jeonghan leave before he turned back to the television. Seongcheol walked to the kitchen, Jeonghan close behind. When they got there Seongcheol turned around, walking backward while Jeonghan paused.

“What’s up?” he asked, Seongcheol grinning. He took a few steps toward, taking Jeonghan’s hands in his own and backing up toward the counter. He leaned against it, Jeonghan smiling at him before leaning against Seongcheol himself. Jeonghan bumped the tip of his nose against Seongcheol’s, rubbing it a couple times as he laughed. “Oh. Okay,” he mumbled, lips dragging against Seongcheol’s as he spoke.

“I needed an excuse,” Seongcheol murmured in reply, Jeonghan wrapping his arms around Seongcheol’s shoulders and tilting his head a bit to let their lips connect. He laughed into the kiss, Seongcheol’s hands smoothing around Jeonghan’s waist to rest on the small of his back.

“Oh yeah?” Jeonghan asked in a murmur, barely even pulling away from the kiss to speak. Seongcheol nodded, eyes closed and lips moving almost gently against each other.

For a while it stayed like that, just gentle and relaxed. Jeonghan hummed into the kiss, tongue peeking out and slipping between Seongcheol’s lips. Seongcheol furrowed his brows, lips parted just a bit before he let his tongue work against Jeonghan’s. He couldn’t help the soft sigh of pleasure into the kiss and Jeonghan smiled, pressing his body just a bit closer to Seongcheol’s.

Seongcheol let one of his hands move, slipping instead into Jeonghan’s hair as the kiss deepened. Then it was Jeonghan’s turn to groan slightly, Seongcheol gripping his hair gently.

Neither really grasped what was happening but before Jeonghan could react Seongcheol had changed their position, Jeonghan pressed up against the counter and lips still locked. Jeonghan kept his arms around Seongcheol, the kiss just that much more firm until Seongcheol pulled away with a smirk. Jeonghan looked at him, eyes barely open and eyebrow quirked as he waited for what the other was going to do next.

Seongcheol leaned down, pressing a kiss to Jeonghan’s jaw. Jeonghan his lips, closing his eyes and smiling to himself. He let one of his hands rest on the back of Seongcheol’s neck, fingers toying with the soft hair there as Seongcheol kissed from his jaw down to his neck. That was when he bit down gently, on the spot while Jeonghan’s jaw dropped in a silent gasp.

Jeonghan was used to the kisses - he was used to the flirtatious touches, the whispers, the teases, but he couldn’t admit that he was expecting Seongcheol to actually initiate going further. It was nice though, and Jeonghan wouldn’t deny that, eyes closed as he let out a little groan.

“I had a feeling this was what was going on.”

Just as suddenly as it had started it stopped, Jeonghan opening his eyes and catching sight of Mingyu leaning against the wall on the other side of the room. He immediately pushed Seongcheol back, cheeks deep red as he combed his hair over the mark that Seongcheol had left on his neck. Seongcheol was blushing just as hard as Jeonghan was, having turned around to see Mingyu. Both of them froze awkwardly in their spots, Mingyu looking between them before shaking his head and walking toward the fridge.

There was a long silence, Mingyu grabbing a bottle of soda from the fridge and opening it before he spoke.

“You two are really obvious,” he said matter-of-factly, sighing. “I’m sorry I didn’t knock or warn you or something.” He looked between the two of them, turning his focus to Seongcheol. “I didn’t even know you liked guys, man,” he said, making a point of saying it softly. Seongcheol looked away, smiling a bit before he shrugged. Jeonghan turned to look at him, smiling at the other. Absently he linked his pinky with Seongcheol’s, Seongcheol’s smile widening.

“I… Yeah,” he said through a sigh, Mingyu looking between the two of them. He kept quiet for a moment, rolling his eyes and leaning back against the fridge.

“I’m gonna assume there was a reason you didn’t tell us,” he said, taking a sip of the soda he was holding as Jeonghan turned to look at him. He furrowed his brows, looking down.

“I don’t know,” he replied, then shook his head at himself. “No, I do know. I don’t want the whole school to know, and once someone finds out, it spreads. That’s how high school works,” he added, looking up at Mingyu. “Please don’t spread this around… If it’s going to happen, I want to be the one to say it.”

Seongcheol watched Jeonghan the whole time he spoke, linking their fingers together and giving his hand a comforting squeeze. Jeonghan turned to him, smiling softly before looking back to Mingyu, who was just watching the two of them. He smiled.

“Man, I won’t say anything. Hell, if you want me to I’ll just leave the room and pretend I didn’t see any of this,” he said, shrugging. Both Jeonghan and Seongcheol laughed, Mingyu turning and taking a few steps away. Then he paused, looking back at the two of them. “But you really should consider telling Hansol and Wonwoo,” he added, Seongcheol raising a brow. “They’re your best friends, Seongcheol. They aren’t s.” Seongcheol’s expression flattened for a moment and Mingyu grinned. “Fine, Hansol can be kind of an sometimes, but he wouldn’t ever spread something you wouldn’t want spread. I promise.”

With that he took his exit, leaving Seongcheol and Jeonghan by themselves in the kitchen. For a moment the two of them kept their eyes on where Mingyu had been standing, only turning to look at each other when Seongcheol spoke.

“Do you want to tell them?” he asked, Jeonghan sighing and leaning his head back to rest against the cabinets hanging above them. He looked up at the ceiling.

“I don’t know. They’re your friends, so I know I can trust them, but…” he started, words trailing off. Seongcheol smiled softly, dropping his grip with Jeonghan’s hand so that he could give his shoulder a squeeze instead.

“Look, I won’t tell anyone anything if you’re not comfortable with it,” he said, Jeonghan turning to look at him. “I trust those three. And they won’t be asses.”

“Are you sure?” Jeonghan asked, Seongcheol smiling. He simply nodded, Jeonghan chuckling to himself before he turned his attention back to the ceiling. “I’ve only ever told one person I was gay,” he admitted quietly, Seongcheol pointing at himself. Jeonghan narrowed his eyes, shaking his head. “I mean, other than you. My parents don’t know, most of my friends don’t know… It just makes me nervous because who knows what will happen.”

Nodding in understanding, Seongcheol leaned in to press a little kiss to Jeonghan’s cheek, moving to the fridge to grab the drinks that they’d almost forgotten about. There was a short pause before Jeonghan sighed again, looking down.

“But they’re your friends, and I’d be okay telling them.”

At that Seongcheol looked up, smile widening slowly as he handed two of the cans he was holding to Jeonghan. Jeonghan took them, smiling back at Seongcheol and leaning forward to return Seongcheol’s peck on his cheek with one of his own. Then he walked out of the room, Seongcheol following close behind. They passed out the drinks, taking their spots back on the couch and waiting until Hansol and Wonwoo were done playing the current round in their game. Then Seongcheol took one of the controllers, setting it on the couch as the two on the floor in front of them turned to face them.

“What’s up?” Hansol asked, Seongcheol looking at him before turning his attention to Jeonghan. Both Wonwoo and Hansol looked between the two of them in confusion, then turned to each other. Jeonghan let out a sharp breath before he smiled at Seongcheol, looking down to the two on the floor.

“We just wanted to get something out in the open,” he said, opening his mouth to continue but pausing and looking at Seongcheol. He silently urged him to continue instead, not sure what to say. Seongcheol smiled, hand resting on Jeonghan’s thigh.

“Right,” he started, Jeonghan looking to Seongcheol hopefully. Seongcheol just patted Jeonghan’s thigh, turning to Hansol and Wonwoo with a hesitant smile. “We just… Me and Jeonghan are dating and we wanted to let you know.”

For a while Hansol and Wonwoo just stared at them, Wonwoo slowly smiling and nudging Seongcheol’s leg.

“Congrats,” he said, Hansol still staring at the two of them. “I thought so, but I didn’t want to just ask. Good for you,” he added, Jeonghan smiling at him and looking down, cheeks tinted with a light red blush. Finally Hansol stopped staring, shaking himself from his trance and turning to Seongcheol.

“You like guys?” he asked, Seongcheol staring at him. “I mean… There’s nothing wrong with that, I’m just surprised because you’ve had girlfriends before and… I’ll stop.” He looked away, pausing for a second before he looked back at Seongcheol, eyes narrowed. “Really?” At that Seongcheol laughed, reaching forward and ruffling Hansol’s hair. Jeonghan chuckled.

“Yeah. Really,” he replied, shaking his head and tossing the controller back at Hansol. “Go back to playing your game. We’ll talk more later.”

With that the games started again, not much changing in the room except for Jeonghan being more comfortable lying against Seongcheol and the addition of little pecks and soft kisses that no one commented on, except for the occasional sarcastic comment from Hansol. That only made everyone laugh so no one minded, the five of them staying up until later than they’d planned.

After getting the guest room set up for the three others Seongcheol pulled them from the living room, Hansol already having fallen asleep once before they headed to bed. When the three of the finally got situated Seongcheol and Jeonghan made their way to Seongcheol’s room, changing into pajamas and curling up in his bed.

“Hey, I’m sorry I ruined the moment earlier,” Jeonghan said softly, Seongcheol shaking his head.

“You didn’t ruin anything. Mingyu was the one that ruined the moment,” he replied, Jeonghan laughing. There was a pause, Seongcheol resting his hand on Jeonghan’s cheek and absently brushing a few strands of hair from his face. “It means a lot, you know, letting me tell Hansol and Wonwoo,” he mumbled, Jeonghan smiling and nodding softly. He looked down, reaching up to rest his hand on top of Seongcheol’s.

“It means a lot that your friends accepted it with barely a question,” he said, Seongcheol looking at him before grinning.

“Except Hansol,” he replied, Jeonghan laughing.

“Yeah, except Hansol,” he echoed, the two laughing together before Jeonghan smoothed his hand up Seongcheol’s arm to instead rest on his shoulder. Seongcheol took in a deep breath, biting his lip and scooting a bit closer to Jeonghan.

“Besides, we’ll have plenty of moments that Mingyu won’t ruin,” he mumbled, Jeonghan smirking as he raised a brow.

“Oh yeah?” he asked through a laugh, Seongcheol leaning in and catching Jeonghan’s lips in a soft kiss. He nodded in reply, one kiss turning into more until Seongcheol pulled Jeonghan as close as he could, his free hand snaking under Jeonghan to wrap around his waist and hold him. Jeonghan smiled into the kiss, lips working against Seongcheol’s easily.

When he felt Seongcheol’s tongue slip between his lips his smile faltered and he made a soft sound of pleasure into the kiss, eyes closed and hand absently gripping Seongcheol’s shirt.

It wasn’t until Seongcheol leaned a bit closer, teeth nipping Jeonghan’s lip before he on it, that Jeonghan groaned. He nearly pushed Seongcheol onto his back, straddling his hips before catching his lips in another kiss. Seongcheol let out a soft sound of both surprise and pleasure, one of his hands knitted in Jeonghan’s hair and keeping him close. When Jeonghan pulled back he looked down at Seongcheol, biting his lip almost nervously. Seongcheol moved his free hand, giving Jeonghan’s shoulder a gentle squeeze before Jeonghan smiled, leaning down to Seongcheol’s neck to give it a little kiss. At that Seongcheol squirmed in his spot, eyes closed tightly and neck arched just slightly to give Jeonghan more room. Jeonghan watched his reactions before parting his lips, teeth scraping against the other’s neck slowly.

Seongcheol groaned, his grip tightening in Jeonghan’s hair as Jeonghan started to at the spot he’d bitten. Brows furrowed, Seongcheol slipped his hand from Jeonghan’s shoulder down to rest low on his back, Jeonghan continuing for a moment. Then Seongcheol pulled Jeonghan away, instead lining the front of his neck with kisses before biting down on the side of Jeonghan’s neck.

This time was much harder than in the kitchen and Jeonghan moaned, hips rocking down against Seongcheol’s on impulse. Seongcheol groaned as well, immediately pulling back from Jeonghan’s neck and looking up at him. Jeonghan blinked, cheeks flushed. He watched Seongcheol his lips before biting them, hand dropping down just a bit to rest instead just under the waistband of Jeonghan’s pants. They were both staring at each other, almost as if silently asking for permission, and Jeonghan let Seongcheol continue, pressing his hips down so they rocked against Seongcheol’s own again.

They both groaned, Jeonghan closing his eyes and dropping his head forward as both of his hands braced himself on Seongcheol’s chest. At that Seongcheol blushed, moving so that Jeonghan wasn’t on top of him anymore and instead both were lying on their sides on the bed. Jeonghan opened his eyes, cocking his head almost questioningly. Shaking his head, Seongcheol closed his eyes before pressing a kiss to Jeonghan’s lips.

He wasn’t sure if it was just nerves that stopped him or if he didn’t feel like he was ready, but regardless he hoped Jeonghan understood. He wanted to continue but he wasn’t sure if now was the right time, with three friends in the room next door after a long day.

“Sorry…” he mumbled, Jeonghan not even needing Seongcheol to continue. He simply smiled, resting his forehead against Seongcheol’s, eyes closed.

“Don’t worry about it,” he replied, taking in a deep breath before leaning up and kissing the tip of Seongcheol’s nose. Seongcheol smiled softly, both arms wrapped around Jeonghan’s waist to hold him close as the two laid there in near silence. It was quiet for a while before Seongcheol hummed softly, eyes barely open to look at Jeonghan.

“Goodnight, Jeonghan,” he murmured, Jeonghan nodding.

“Goodnight, Seongcheol,” he replied, pressing a soft kiss to Seongcheol’s lips. “I’m glad I have a boyfriend like you,” he added, not even seeing Seongcheol smile as he had his eyes closed.

The two fell into a comfortable sleep after that, not waking up until they heard a loud knock on the door. Then Seongcheol sat up, Jeonghan following suit a moment later.

“Yo, we’ve been awake for an hour. Wonwoo made breakfast, so come downstairs and eat.”

Mingyu’s voice made the two look at each other, Seongcheol leaning over and pushing the curtains back. He was immediately blinded by bright sunlight, covering his eyes and groaning in irritation. Jeonghan just laughed at him, standing and pulling the other to stand as well. He gave Seongcheol a quick kiss, Seongcheol returning it with a tired smile before Jeonghan took his hand and led him down the stairs and to the kitchen.

Wonwoo, Hansol, and Mingyu were already standing there, Hansol eating a pancake and Mingyu sipping from a glass of orange juice. The three of them looked Seongcheol and Jeonghan over, Mingyu smiling to himself but keeping his mouth shut.

“You two have fun last night?” Wonwoo asked, chuckling a bit. Hansol grinned as well.

“Yeah, nice hickeys,” he added, Seongcheol’s smile dropping as he blushed and covered the spot on his neck that Jeonghan had no doubt left a mark on the night before. Jeonghan also adjusted his hair so it was covering more of his neck, the three others just laughing.

“We don’t care, we’re just making fun of you,” Mingyu said, shaking his head. “You two are hopeless. Eat a pancake.”

With that the five of them sat at the table, sharing a stack of pancakes and just talking about a bit of everything. That’s how the whole day went, the five of them cracking jokes and relaxing. It was nice, a calm way to end their weekend, and they all enjoyed it.

When it was finally time for Seongcheol’s parents to come back he made sure to get the house cleaned up, everyone helping him as best they could before they left. Seongcheol nearly pushed them out the door, Mingyu looking back at the last second and smiling at both Seongcheol and Jeonghan.

“Be safe, you two. Use a ,” he teased, Seongcheol groaning and pushing him out the door as Jeonghan laughed behind him. The house was quiet for a moment, Jeonghan flopping back onto the couch and Seongcheol following his lead.

“I like your friends,” Jeonghan said, Seongcheol turning and smiling at him.

He was content in that moment, sitting with Jeonghan alone in his house. He rested his head on Jeonghan’s shoulder, Jeonghan looking at him before kissing his forehead softly.

Seongcheol loved moments like this.

He hoped to have more like this in the weeks and months to come.