Chapter 4 - Sleepovers

Boys Be

It was a relatively quick drive to Seongcheol’s house, Seongcheol only taking his hand from Jeonghan’s leg when he turned the car off and got out. Jeonghan followed him inside, the two kicking off their shoes before walking inside.

Before either could really react Seungah bounded into the entry, jumping into Seongcheol’s arms for a hug. He laughed, picking her up and swinging her around a bit before she caught sight of Jeonghan.

“Mommy! Jeonghan is here!” she exclaimed loudly, Seongcheol recoiling a bit as she had yelled directly into his ear. Jeonghan just laughed, waving to the young girl before Seongcheol set her down. She hugged Jeonghan around the waist and ran off, both of them watching her until she disappeared. Then they turned to each other, laughing and following her into the living room.

“Oh, are you staying for dinner, honey?” she asked, Jeonghan smiling to her and waving at Seungah again when she peeked over the back of the couch at them. Then he looked back at Seongcheol’s mother, who had walked over to them. She gave Seongcheol a hug before turning and hugging Jeonghan, who returned it with an easy smile.

“Actually, I invited him to stay the night,” Seongcheol replied, his mother looking at him with a flat expression.

“Oh,” she started, nodding. “Well, next time if you could ask me first that would be nice. But you’re welcome to spend the night, Jeonghan.” She smiled, Seungah clapping excitedly from her spot. “I was going to start dinner soon,” she added, both Jeonghan and Seongcheol nodding. “Until then, relax. Get changed, Seongcheol,” she said, gesturing vaguely to Seongcheol’s uniform and then pointing up the stairs.

The two of them walked upstairs when his mother moved into the kitchen, closing the door behind them and locking it for the time being. Jeonghan settled on Seongcheol’s bed, lying down on his stomach and flipping through a magazine he’d found on the nightstand. For a second Seongcheol watched him, gaze dragging over the other man’s form before he shook himself out of it and grabbed a change of clothes. He changed in the bathroom as quickly as he could, tying a plaid shirt around his waist and putting on a t-shirt. Then he walked over to the bed, hopping onto it and lying next to Jeonghan. He let his arm drape across the other’s shoulders, Jeonghan laughing before he turned to Seongcheol.

“What do you want to do until your mom finishes cooking?” he asked, Seongcheol turning and looking at Jeonghan before rolling over onto his back. He just looked up at the ceiling, lips pursed in thought. There was a silence, neither really knowing how to answer the question, before Jeonghan pushed himself up a bit, shifting on the bed so that his chin was resting on Seongcheol’s chest. Seongcheol looked down, cheeks red just a bit before he laughed and looked away.

“We could just stay like this until dinner, to be honest. I’m comfy,” he mumbled, his hand moving to rest on Jeonghan’s shoulder. It dropped to his neck instead, Seongcheol moving between massaging it lightly and playing with the soft hair near the nape of the other’s neck.

Neither really knew that they were falling asleep, but they were jolted awake suddenly by the shout that dinner was ready. They woke up in nearly the same position, just slightly more sprawled out, in something of a daze, both of them needing a moment to get their bearings.

“Did we fall asleep?” Jeonghan asked, Seongcheol taking a moment to think before he nodded.

“I guess,” he replied through a yawn, Jeonghan laughing tiredly and pushing himself up so he was sitting. He rolled his shoulders back, his back popping as he frowned a bit. Seongcheol sat up as well, reaching out to give Jeonghan’s shoulder a squeeze. “Come on, let’s get food,” he said, yawning once again as he stood. He held out his hand for Jeonghan, the other taking it so Seongcheol could help him out of the bed.

Then they headed down to the kitchen, Seongcheol almost letting Jeonghan’s hand go but keeping their pinkies locked. He did drop the connection completely when they got to the kitchen, Seongcheol getting drinks for everyone while Jeonghan settled at the table.

Seungah took it upon herself to sit next to Jeonghan, chattering away about some of her toys and her day at school. Jeonghan just listened and paid attention to every detail, Seongcheol watching with a little smile even when he sat down.

“You know, you don’t have to listen to everything,” he whispered, leaning in close to Jeonghan’s ear. Jeonghan turned.

“I know, but she’s little. Sometimes little kids just need someone to listen to them once in a while,” he replied, giving Seongcheol a little smile and trying not to focus on how close the two of them were. Seongcheol did though, taking in a quick breath and holding it until Jeonghan turned back around to Seungah. He smiled softly, reaching down and letting his hand rest on Jeonghan’s thigh like he had in the car earlier while his mother passed out their food.

He kept it there through all of dinner, Jeonghan looking over at him with a smile every so often. Near the end of the meal he dropped his hand on top of Seongcheol’s, giving it a soft squeeze and holding it.

Seongcheol simply grinned.

When everyone was finished eating Seongcheol picked up the plates, rinsing them a bit before putting them in the dishwasher and turning it on. He turned back to Jeonghan, leaning against the counter and gesturing for him to follow. He did, Seungah on his heels, but Seongcheol crouched down, looking up at her.

“Me and Jeonghan are gonna go out for a bit, okay?” he said, Seungah nodding. “Keep the house safe for us,” he requested softly, Seungah’s face brightening into a determined grin. She ran off, Seongcheol laughing and standing up as Jeonghan looked to him in slight confusion.

“... We’re going out?” he asked, Seongcheol turning to him with a smirk.

“I think I owe you a basketball game,” he replied, Jeonghan staring at him before grinning.

After a quick goodbye shouted to his mother from the entryway, Seongcheol put on his shoes and grabbed a basketball from the garage, Jeonghan close behind. They were on their way moments later, Seongcheol in the lead and Jeonghan right beside him.

“There’s a little park with a playground right down the street,” Seongcheol started, turning to Jeonghan. “And there’s a basketball court there, too. It’s late enough, so it should be pretty deserted.”

“I thought you forgot about that,” Jeonghan replied, shaking his head in disbelief. “That was months ago.” Seongcheol smirked to himself, humming under his breath before shooting a sideways glance at Jeonghan.

“I never forget about stuff when it comes to you,” he admitted softly, Jeonghan turning to him and staring with wide eyes and slightly red cheeks. Seongcheol took a few more steps before turning and looking at Jeonghan expectantly. “Come on,” he said with a smile, holding his free hand out and keeping the basketball under his other arm. Jeonghan looked at it for a second before taking it, their hands swinging linked between them as they walked the rest of the way to the park.

Jeonghan looked around when they got there, the deserted park the perfect spot for an evening basketball match between two friends. There was a basketball court next to a small playground complete with slides and swings, all near a lone pavilion full of tables. Jeonghan just followed Seongcheol to the court, about to tie his hair back when he paused.

“I don’t have any hair ties,” he mumbled, checking his pockets just to make sure. He frowned, looking up at Seongcheol and blinking when he realized the other was already behind him. He glanced back, watching Seongcheol pull an elastic band off of his wrist and proceed to tie his hair back for him. It took him a few seconds and when he was done he leaned his chin onto Jeonghan’s shoulder.

“I told you, I never forget stuff when it comes to you,” he said, Jeonghan just staring until Seongcheol wiggled his eyebrows at him. That was when Jeonghan busted out laughing, jogging away from Seongcheol and barely watching as he almost lost his balance from the sudden movement. Jeonghan grabbed the basketball, tossing it up in the air once before tossing it to Seongcheol.

“Then let’s play so I can kick your ,” Jeonghan said, Seongcheol recoiling in mock offense. He put his free hand over his heart, trying not to laugh as he absently dribbled the ball.

“Fighting words,” he said, pouting just a bit, “I’m hurt.”

Jeonghan just laughed, the two starting a game that Seongcheol assumed was going to be extremely easy for him to win.

Instead he spent most of the game watching Jeonghan scoring at every possible moment, Seongcheol himself barely even able to get a move in before he gave up and mostly let himself just watch Jeonghan. He had only scored a few times, Jeonghan winning by a huge margin and leaving Seongcheol to simply stare. He leaned against the pole of the hoop, shaking his head and crossing his arms over his chest.

“Unfair. You cheated,” he whined, Jeonghan opening his mouth to speak but instead just running over to Seongcheol to punch his shoulder lightly.

“What? How?” he asked, Seongcheol looking away overdramatically.

“I was distracted,” he replied, Jeonghan narrowing his eyes.

“By what? The crowds of people around us?” he asked through a disbelieving laugh, gesturing out to the empty area. Seongcheol just grinned.

“By you,” he admitted, Jeonghan’s laughter dying down as Seongcheol looked back at him.

There was a long silence between the two, Jeonghan nibbling his lip and taking a hesitant step toward Seongcheol. Seongcheol’s lips twitched down from a smile, lips parted just slightly as he reached forward. His movements were uncertain but he settled on smoothing his hand up Jeonghan’s arm, eyes locked with the other’s for a moment before he forced himself to let out the breath he was holding.

“Let’s go and chill on the playground,” he said softly, Jeonghan taking a moment to register what he’d said before he nodded, following Seongcheol toward the gym.

They spent a while swinging, just talking about school and music and letting the minutes pass by. Time moved quickly in moments like these, the two of them distracted by each other and simply enjoying the night. Eventually they moved to the slides, lying on the widest one side by side and still just talking. They both kept their eyes trained on the stars above them that were showing now, relaxing easily.

There was an easy silence between the two, Jeonghan letting out a gentle sigh as he narrowed his eyes at the sky.

“I feel comfortable here,” he said, Seongcheol pulling his attention from the stars to look at the other. He raised a brow, lips raised into the smallest smile.

“What? Here? This slide’s metal, it’s not comfy at all,” he replied, Jeonghan laughing and shaking his head.

“No. With you. I feel comfortable with you,” Jeonghan admitted softly, looking up for a moment before turning his head to face Seongcheol’s. Seongcheol felt his cheeks heat up and he stared at Jeonghan before looking down almost shyly. He nodded in agreement, narrowing his eyes at Jeonghan’s hand before reaching down to grip it with his own. Jeonghan smiled, taking a moment to close his eyes and revel in the moment before he slid his fingers between Seongcheol’s and gave his hand a squeeze. Then he looked back up at the sky, both of them lying there in silence for a long while after that.

Neither of them kept track of time, but Seongcheol eventually sighed, turning back to Jeonghan and frowning.

“We should probably head back,” he said, Jeonghan frowning and pushing himself up so he was sitting. He looked back at Seongcheol, heaving a heavy sigh before nodding in understanding.

“Yeah…” he mumbled, pulling out his phone and glancing at the time. “We should relax and get ready to sleep. I don’t want to go to school tomorrow,” he admitted, leaning back on his hands while Seongcheol finally sat up.

“Neither do I,” he said, laughing to himself and standing. He held out his hand for Jeonghan and he took it, Seongcheol pulling him up so he was standing as well. Jeonghan fixed his shirt and flicked his hair out of his face, taking a few steps before turning and waiting for Seongcheol.

For a moment Seongcheol simply smiled and watched, eyes trained on Jeonghan as he thought for a second about how nice this moment was, how nice Jeonghan looked, how much he enjoyed the other’s company. Then he grabbed his basketball, keeping it under his arm and walking next to Jeonghan. For a while they simply walked like that, though eventually Seongcheol took a step closer to Jeonghan.

It was almost hesitant, but he slid his arm around Jeonghan’s waist, holding him loosely. Jeonghan turned to Seongcheol, the other meeting his gaze and shooting him a small smile but not saying anything. Biting his lip, Jeonghan looked down almost anxiously, smiling to himself and scooting just a bit closer to Seongcheol so he could keep his arm there easier.

By the time they got back to Seongcheol’s house most of it was dark, a television playing in his parents’ room as the two of them walked upstairs. They kept quiet until they got to Seongcheol’s room, neither tired yet and deciding to watch television to end the night.

Both of them sat down on Seongcheol’s bed, Jeonghan’s legs curled under him and Seongcheol sitting behind him. He watched as Jeonghan took the band out of his hair, wrapping it around his wrist and turning back to the television. Seongcheol just watched.

He couldn’t help but smile, knowing that he was friends with someone he knew was just as beautiful inside as he was outside, and he liked moments like these. He was seeing them more and he loved every one of them.

Absently he reached out, smoothing his hand up Jeonghan’s back to his neck. He started massaging it gently, Jeonghan dropping his head forward as he continued. For a moment Seongcheol paused, watching the reaction. Then he scooted further behind him, using his other hand to massage not only his neck but his back as well.

Every once in a while Jeonghan would let out a content little sigh, fidgeting a bit in his spot or rolling his shoulders back. Seongcheol just watched him, working through little knots and tough spots as the moments went on. When Jeonghan let out a little groan Seongcheol paused, Jeonghan taking it as the end of the massage and stretching.

“Mm, that felt nice,” he mumbled, looking back at Seongcheol. Seongcheol just smiled, his lips just a bit. Cracking his neck, Jeonghan stood and grabbed his bag. “I’m gonna change,” he said, nodding to his bag.

“Okay. I’ll just… be in here,” he said, Jeonghan laughing a bit before walking into Seongcheol’s bathroom. He watched Jeonghan the whole way, humming to himself when he was finally alone. It didn’t last long though, his door cracking open a bit more and a small figure walking in. Seungah sat down on the bed, looking up to Seongcheol almost tiredly. “Shouldn’t you be asleep, ma’am?” he asked, Seungah shrugging.

“I woke up,” she replied, Seongcheol nodding in understanding.

“Do you want me to tuck you back in?” he asked, Seungah nodding tiredly. “Okay, come here,” he said, Jeonghan walking back into the room in his pajamas. He saw the two of them and walked over, waving to Seungah. She smiled.

“What are you two up to?” he asked, Seongcheol holding Seungah’s hand.

“I’m gonna go put Seungah back to bed. She woke up,” he explained, Jeonghan nodding in understanding. Seongcheol watched with a content smile while Jeonghan walked back to bed, settling on it and lying down.

“I’ll wait here for you so we can finish watching this show,” he said, Seongcheol grinning and nodding once more.

“Alright,” he replied, focused on Jeonghan for a moment more. He sighed happily, turning to look down at his sister. “Now it’s time for you to sleep,” he said, guiding her out of the room as Jeonghan watched them with a grin.

When Seongcheol made it to the other room he pulled the covers down, crouching next to the bed while Seungah crawled in and got comfortable. He pulled the covers up over her, pushing her hair back.

“There. All comfy,” he said, smiling down at her. “Goodnight,” he finished, turning to leave.

“Seongcheol?” she called suddenly, Seongcheol turning and looking back at her.

“What’s up, missy?” he asked, cocking his head down at her. She settled against her pillow and grabbed one of her stuffed animals before she looked back up at Seongcheol.

“Do you love Jeonghan?” she asked, Seongcheol just gaping at her. His cheeks flushed a deep shade of red and he walked back over to the bed, crouching down like he had before. He pursed his lips before letting out a little breath.

“Why would you ask me that?” he asked in response, Seungah looking down at her plushie. She picked at it, brows furrowed.

“Because you and Jeonghan look at each other the way mommy and daddy look at each other,” she said, Seongcheol staring at her before looking down.

He’d never thought about it like that, but he had to admit that she was right. Was he in love? He didn’t know that. But he would admit that there was something there. There had to be - every time he looked at Jeonghan he felt nervous butterflies in his stomach and he thought about him a lot, more than he could admit.

Even if he wasn’t sure about some things, he had to admit he liked Jeonghan.

“... What would you think of something like that?” he asked, Seungah looking up at him in confusion. He sighed, deciding to rephrase the question. “I mean… if I liked Jeonghan like mommy and daddy like each other,” he elaborated, Seungah thinking for a second. She shrugged as best she could.

“Jeonghan is nice and pretty and you’re my brother. And I want you to be happy,” she said, curling up on her side with a little yawn. Seongcheol smiled to himself, pulling the blankets up just a bit more and patting his sister’s shoulder.

“That’s good. I want you to be happy, too,” he said, Seungah smiling as she pulled the covers to her nose. “Now promise me you’ll go to sleep,” he added, Seungah nodding.

“I promise,” came her little voice from under the covers and Seongcheol grinned, standing and walking toward the door.

“I’ll see you in the morning,” he said, slipping out and closing the door behind him. He walked back to his room as quietly as he could, closing and locking the door before looking back to his bed. He laughed softly.

Jeonghan had fallen asleep while he’d been in the other room with his sister, curled on his side and breathing deeply. He looked relaxed and peaceful and Seongcheol couldn’t bring himself to wake him and tell him to move to the guest room. Instead he just changed into his pajamas, walking over to the bed, settling in, and covering them both with his sheet.

For a while he just thought about what his sister had said and he kept his focus on the other lying in front of him. His hair had fallen over his face and Seongcheol reached forward, pushing his hair back behind his ear. Jeonghan must have felt it because he smiled in his sleep, snuggling into the bed further while Seongcheol watched on with a happy smile.

Maybe his sister was right.

He was happy like this.

Seongcheol drifted off to sleep not long after that, luckily setting his alarm before he passed out. When he woke up the next morning, however, he managed to wake up before his alarm and he opened his eyes, face to face with Jeonghan.

They must have moved during the night because Jeonghan had wrapped his arms around Seongcheol and Seongcheol had curled up against him, their legs linked. He was almost cradling Jeonghan’s head and must have fidgeted because Jeonghan woke up a moment later, eyes barely open but looking Seongcheol up and down as best he could. Seongcheol opened his mouth to speak but decided against it, closing his mouth a moment later and instead reaching up with one of his hands. He slipped it against Jeonghan’s neck, thumb rubbing against his jaw softly and glancing down at Jeonghan’s lips.

They’d never been in a position quite like this and he bit his lip, Jeonghan glancing down at Seongcheol’s lips as well. He moved just a bit closer, arms wrapped tighter around Seongcheol while he met the other’s gaze.

When the alarm went off they both looked at Seongcheol’s phone before turning back to each other, Seongcheol sliding his hand up to the other’s cheek and cupping it for a second before he pushed his hair from his face.

Their noses were nearly touching before either said anything.

“Good morning,” Seongcheol said softly, words mumbled and barely audible. Jeonghan leaned forward enough for the tips of their noses to bump against each other before he smiled softly, one of his hands reaching up to rest on top of Seongcheol’s when it moved back to his cheek.

“Good morning,” he replied even softer, both of them staring at each other for a moment.

Their eyes had almost closed when there was a knock at his door, Seongcheol immediately bolting upright in bed as he looked on with flushed cheeks. He got up, unlocking the door to the sight of his mother. She cocked her head, one brow raised as she started to speak.

“Seongcheol, breakfast is ready. Go wake up Jeonghan,” she requested, though she blinked when Jeonghan got up from the bed, standing behind Seongcheol and using him as a way to balance. He yawned.

“Sorry, I passed out in here last night,” he explained, Seongcheol’s mother nodding in understanding. She eyed the two of them before turning and heading back to the kitchen, leaving them to themselves. Seongcheol turned around to face Jeonghan, taking both of his hands in his own and about to explain himself.

Instead he blushed, smiling wide to cover his nerves and the butterflies he still felt.

“Let’s go eat,” he said, pausing almost awkwardly before turning and walking down the stairs, Jeonghan close behind.

They sat down at the table, Seungah already done with her food and getting ready for school. They ate with only light conversation, enjoying the food but not knowing what to say. It was fine, though, Jeonghan resting his hand on Seongcheol’s thigh and giving it a comforting squeeze as they finished.

Seongcheol just smiled to himself.

It didn’t take them long to get ready, both getting to school a bit early. They walked to Seongcheol’s locker first and Jeonghan’s second, the two pausing by it as Seongcheol leaned against the metal.

“Hey, you should eat lunch with me on the field,” he said, Jeonghan turning to him and blinking.

“What?” he asked, raising a brow. Seongcheol chuckled.

“Get lunch and meet me by the bleachers. I want to eat with you,” he said, Jeonghan staring at him before smiling and nodding.

“Okay,” he said, closing his locker and looking at Seongcheol for a second. The two both laughed, looking down almost shyly before Jeonghan continued. “I have to go to class. I’ll see you at lunch,” he finished, waving as he headed to his class.

If anyone had asked Seongcheol what he’d learned in the beginning of that day he wouldn’t have been able to answer. Instead he had been doodling in the margins of his paper, never admitting that it was sometimes Jeonghan’s name mixed in with the doodles.

When lunch came Seongcheol bought something as fast as he could, Jeonghan right behind him as they walked out to the football field.

He didn’t often eat out in the field, but sometimes if he wanted privacy Seongcheol would make the short trek to the bleachers. Today was one of those days, and the two spent the entire lunch period talking about class and their friends. It was relaxing, something that Seongcheol wanted, and he enjoyed every moment of it.

But seeing Jeonghan smile was the main reason Seongcheol had asked him to eat with him in the first place.

As lunch drew to a close Seongcheol put all their trash together, the two of them walking down to the field from the bleachers and tossing it in the nearest trashcan. They walked for a while before Seongcheol stopped Jeonghan, reaching forward and taking a light hold of Jeonghan’s shoulder. Jeonghan paused and turned, looking at Seongcheol in confusion until Seongcheol took a step closer, his hand dropping instead to hold Jeonghan’s hand.

Once again the two were in a shy, awkward situation and they both looked down at their hands, Jeonghan’s cheeks red as Seongcheol opened his mouth to say something.

He was cut off by the bell ringing to signal the end of lunch and he sighed instead, dropping his forehead to Jeonghan’s shoulder. Jeonghan laughed almost awkwardly, reaching up to pat Seongcheol’s back lightly until the other stood back up.

“I… Have to get to class,” he said, Jeonghan nodding.

“Yeah, same here,” he agreed, sighing just a bit and turning. They walked together, hands linked until they reached the edge of the field. Then Jeonghan pulled away, heading in a different direction and offering Seongcheol a little wave. “I’ll see you in history,” he said easily, Seongcheol waving back.

History didn’t come soon enough.

When he got there he settled in his seat, Jeonghan next to him and Mingyu right behind. Joshua was in front of Jeonghan and the lesson started, Seongcheol focusing more on the person sitting next to him than the teacher in front of him. When their teacher wasn’t looking Mingyu leaned forward, getting close to Seongcheol’s ear so he could whisper.

“Where were you at lunch?” he asked, Seongcheol pretending he was paying attention and looking forward while he answered his friend.

“I ate with Jeonghan on the field,” he explained in response, Joshua turning around to Jeonghan and raising a brow.

“So that’s where you were?” he asked, Jeonghan looking up from his paper. He hummed instead of asking a question, Joshua gesturing to Seongcheol. “You ate lunch with Seongcheol?” he clarified simply, Jeonghan humming once again in understanding before nodding and looking back down at his paper. Joshua watched him for a second, about to speak again until their teacher called them out.

“Joshua, Seongcheol, Mingyu, Jeonghan… I know you think whatever you’re talking about it very important, but I would appreciate it if you would pay attention to my teaching,” he said, the four of them staring up at him and nodding before they all looked down at their papers.

The rest of the class went uneventfully, none of them wanting to get caught talking again.

Once class was over Seongcheol said goodbye to Mingyu, walking with Jeonghan down the halls and toward his car. They were just talking, joking, laughing as they walked, ignoring most of the people around them and just keeping to themselves.

All of a sudden Seongcheol paused, glancing into an empty classroom through the window with wide eyes. Jeonghan wasn’t expecting the sudden stop so he kept going for a few steps, only stopping when he realized Seongcheol wasn’t beside him anymore. That was when he turned, looking to Seongcheol with a confused expression.

“... What are you doing?” he asked, Seongcheol turning to him.

“There’s something really cool in here,” he explained, Jeonghan raising a brow.

“... What is it?” he asked, Seongcheol trying the handle. When it unlocked he opened it, gesturing Jeonghan over.

“I can’t explain it, you just have to see it,” he said, Jeonghan rolling his eyes and chuckling to himself. At first he stood there stubbornly, finally giving in with a sigh and walking into the classroom. He took a few steps in, Seongcheol following and letting the door shut behind them. Jeonghan looked around.

“Now what is it I’m supposed to be looking at?” he asked.

He didn’t get a verbal answer to his question.

Instead, Seongcheol reached forward, grabbing his hand and pulling him close before pressing their lips together.

For a moment Jeonghan was shocked, blush covering his cheeks as he tried to grasp what had just happened. Eventually he relaxed, eyes closing as he tilted his head and let himself return the kiss. Their lips worked against each other softly, Seongcheol’s hand moving instead to rest on Jeonghan’s neck as Jeonghan wrapped both of his arms around Seongcheol’s waist.

When Seongcheol pulled away Jeonghan kept his eyes closed, letting out a shaky breath as Seongcheol smiled.

God, I’ve been trying to do that all day,” he said, laughing not only at himself but at the situation. Soon Jeonghan joined in, both of them laughing in the empty classroom that they shouldn’t have been in in the first place. Jeonghan rested his head on Seongcheol’s shoulder, Seongcheol curling his arms around Jeonghan. “Sorry it took me so long and I had to drag you into some random classroom to do it.” Jeonghan just shook his head, standing up straight.

“It’s just fine,” he said, both of his hands resting on Seongcheol’s cheeks. He smiled at him, taking a moment to breathe before he leaned forward, lips pressing firmly against Seongcheol’s once more. They were still for a moment before they both started laughing again, pulling away from each other and looking around. “Now let’s get out of here before some teacher catches us,” he said, Seongcheol nodding in agreement as the two walked out of the room and to Seongcheol’s car.

This time they both sang along to the radio the entire drive, too loudly and dancing as much as they could sitting in a car.

When they pulled in to Seongcheol’s driveway and got out of the car Seongcheol opened the garage, letting Jeonghan get his bicycle before he closed the door. They stood quietly in front of each other for a moment, Seongcheol glancing down and nibbling his lip and Jeonghan looking at him almost expectantly.

“I’ll text you later or something,” he said finally, Jeonghan nodding.

There was another moment of silence as Seongcheol looked up, gaze meeting Jeonghan’s before he leaned in and caught the other’s lips once more. This time the kiss was slower, lips working together as Seongcheol pulled Jeonghan closer. Both of them let their eyes close, Jeonghan’s tongue swiping Seongcheol’s lip as he pulled back.

Seongcheol his lip, looking Jeonghan up and down before he smirked. Jeonghan just shrugged, reaching forward and pushing Seongcheol’s hair from off of his forehead.

“Text me later,” he said, smiling at Seongcheol before he got on his bike and rode off toward his house. Seongcheol just watched, a dazed grin on his face before he turned and walked inside. Absently he dragged his fingers against his lips, slipping in and tossing himself onto the couch with a happy sigh.

“Seongcheol? How was your day, honey?” his mother asked, peeking into the living room from her office. Seongcheol only sighed again, eyes trained on the ceiling.

“Amazing,” he replied, closing his eyes. “My day was amazing.”