Thursday 2

Babysitting Her For A Week

Thursday Night

Hyejeong's POV (yass first time)

After I asked Seolhyun to stay, I showered to refresh myself while she changed into comfortable clothes. I gave her a set of pajamas to change into.

As I laid down the bath tub filled with warm water, I closed my eyes to relax. But just moments after I closed my eyes, my thoughts drifted again. Like always.

Mina...

It's my fault she died. My fault. She shouldn't have protected me. Stupid Hyejeong for being so useless.

She was the only one I had. I shouldn't have let myself leave.

We only had each other. Me and her, against everyone. Even my parents.

My parents...

They don't matter. I hate them anyway.

Mina was the only one I had. And she died. I was able to be friends with Yuna and Minjun. But Minjun...

That jerk! He's worse than any other person I know.

Yuna's the only one I have now. But sometimes, she still leaves me. And one day, she'll end up like Mina and Minjun. She'll forget the times I spend with her.

I smiled bitterly. I felt tears going down my eyes.

Why does everyone keep on hurting me?

Why don't I even matter in their life? They became so important to me. But me to them? They don't even bother caring about me.

Everything in this world is just plain . It's unfair. There are those who are happy. And there are those who remain miserable for as long as they live.

They say that life is a wheel. Sometimes you're up, and sometimes you're down. But why does that never happen to me? Why am always in the bottom?

Life just isn't for everyone.

"Hyejeong! You're taking so long!" I heard a voice say outside the bathroom.

It shook me from my thoughts and I quickly wiped my tears away.

Stupid me for crying. Stupid me for being afraid. Stupid me for not trusting anyone. Stupid me for being so weak.

"Yup. Coming." I told Seolhyun.

Seolhyun...

Oh right. In my world, Seolhyun exists. She's the one who woke me up.

But...

Will she end up like Mina? Will she leave me? She probably would. After all, she doesn't even know me. Who I truly am. What happened in my life. Minjun is pretty much right, once Seolhyun gets to know me, she'll leave. I can't trust her.

I can't trust anyone.

I may not understand. I may not know. Heck, maybe I don't even know anything. But, whatever the truth is, whatever it is, I'll always protect you. I promised. And I won't ever go back on my promise. That's the type of person I am.

I smiled bitterly. Will you be that enthusiatic when you know the truth? Will you stay?

Damn Seolhyun. Will you really keep your promise? You're causing so much confusion to me. I don't know wether I should trust you or...

I shouted out of frustration. I should probably stop thinking like this. I should just let things happen. Nothing would come if I think about my life like this.

"Hyejeong, is something wrong? I heard you shout." Seolhyun said from outside the door.

Why is her voice so warm? It has so much warmth in it that brings my ears to perk up whenever I hear it.

"I'm fine." I slapped both sides of my face and looked at the mirror.

"Don't let her break your walls." I whispered to myself.

At that time, I didn't even know. I wasn't able to recognize it. But at that time, my walls already broke. Kim Seolhyun just walked past it.

---
"Ya! I already told you it hurts!" Seolhyun shouted after I just poked her bruise.

"It hurts because you're stupid." I crossed my arms and looked at her.

"And how am I stupid?" She raised an eyebrow at me.

"Because you fought against Minjun. And that, is a stupid act." I said.

Her muscles relaxed and she leaned back against the headboard of the bed.

"I've done many stupid things in my life Seolhyun. Some I regret doing. But most of the stupid things I've done, I don't regret it. I actually like the fact that I did it." She smiled at me. Her gaze lowered down to my lips. Once she saw my lips, her face flushed. Her gaze is still locked on my lips and I don't know how to respond because I don't quite understand her actions.

I myself, started to heat up too. Without any valid reason. Seolhyun keeps on doing this to me. Making me feel things I've never felt. Making me do things I've never done. Making me forget about the world I used to live in that keeps on hunting me. She makes me forget everything. And I don't know how she does that.

"Seolhyun." I said her name. I didn't want to call her. I just wanted to hear myself say it. And once again, I don't know why I did that.

"What?" She looked curiously at me. Her bright attitude and aura is warm. I want to be with this warmth everytime.

Since she's looking at me, it would be pretty embarrasing to just say nothing. To say that I just wanted to hear the sound of her name. So I just asked her a question. A question that I didn't quite think of carefully before asking.

"Why are you making my heart beat so fast?" I asked. Biting my lip as I can't take the thumping of my heart against my chest. Through this question, my heartbeat became even faster. Was this a wrong move?

She just looked at me. Surprised at my question.

"I am?" She managed to croak.

I nodded slightly. My heart feels like exploding. What the hell is happening?!

Her face is blushing hard. Same with me. She gulped before holding my hand. It sent sparks through my whole body.

"Is you heartbeat going faster?" She asked. I nodded.

She sighed and moved even closer to me. I moved away. Unsure of what she's doing. Everything that's happening brings me confusion.

Why is it that everytime she touches me, my heart feels like exploding? And the closer she is to me, the heartbeat I feel goes even faster.

Seolhyun moved even closer. I can't take it. She's too close. My heart can't handle this.

Before I can run away, she pulled me towards her chest. She wrapped both her arms around me. One in my waist and the other in my head.

"What are you-" before I can even speak, Seolhyun cutted me off.

"Just shut up for a moment."

I did as she told, trying my hard to control my heart from beating so hard it may get out of my chest.

"Hey." Seolhyun whispered. I looked up to her but she's looking away from me. Her face is red too.

"Can you hear that?" She asked. I got confused but she just buried my face deeper into her chest.

"My heart is beating really fast too." She said.

I gulped as I calmed myself to hear her heartbeat. And yes, it's beating so fast. So loud. So hard. More than my heartbeat.

"You're doing that to me. And I don't know how you do it also." She continued.

I took a deep breath. Buried my face in her neck. And closed my eyes. She patted my hair and hummed a song for me to sleep.

I don't know why I'm hugging her. I don't know why we're cuddling. I don't know why I'm feeling like this.

One thing is for sure... this feeling. I want it to last.

To last forever.

---
I woke up.

And I woke up in a dark place. I can't even see anything. It's so dark I can't even see a single mark of my hand when I tried to look at it.

My mind raced. Along with my breathing.

Dark.

Too dark.

I started trembling.

I'm afraid of the dark.

I need to get away from here. But how?! I can't even move. I tried taking one step, but my body feels too weak and I just toppled over.

"." I clutched my head as memories came rushing again. It's during these kind of times that I remember memories. Bad memories. Memories that I tried hard to forget.

Tears fell as the flashback came.

It started when I was a child. And Mina was there. Parents. Happy. Then things started getting wrong. Mina and I found ourselves wandering the streets. Then someone took us in. Mina died. I was forced to leave. I met Minjun and Yuna. I moved on. I fell for Minjun. But he did some things to me. Horrible things.

A barrage of horrible memories flashed through my mind. I kept on shouting. I'm losing it. I'm losing myself.

I...I should just die. I should just kill myself to stop this. To stop feeling these hurtful feelings.

I shouted, trashed around this dark world. I can't see anything. And it doesn't matter. All that's in my mind are the past. My past.

I fell once again. I tripped myself. My throat felt sore from all the shouting. I didn't even bother to stand up again.

I just laid there, trembling, crying, shouting, totally feeling hopeless.

. . .

Those are the words that keep repeating in my mind. My head hurts. Everything hurts. Am I dying?

"Hyejeong!" a voice resonated in this dark abyss. I don't recognize it. But it felt familiar. It's warm.

"Help!" I shouted.

"Hyejeong!" The voice shouted again. Suddenly, in the distance, this dark world has a light. It's running towards me.

I tried to stand up to meet the light, but my legs failed me.

The light came closer, it engulfed me in a hug. And every pain I felt, disappeared. Everything.

My trembling stopped, my head stopped hurting, I regained my strength.

I looked at the light, and for a moment, I saw Seolhyun. I reached for her face. But my hand went through her.

"I'll protect you. I promise." She said.

After that, a wave of electricity flowed through me. Once I opened my eyes again, I'm no longer in the dark abyss. I'm in my room. And Seolhyun's here.

Like the light in my dream, she's hugging me tight. Whispering words that make me feel so much warmth.

"Shhh. Stop trembling. I'm here. I won't ever let you get hurt. You're safe." She hugged me tighter.

I can't take it anymore. For the second time, I broke. Infront of Seolhyun again. She's here. Like the last time. And she's making me feel secured.

My tears fell. I gripped on her and hugged her back. I hugged her tight. And she hugged harder in return.

"Don't cry." She whispered to me as she wiped away my tears with her own thumb. "That was just a nightmare."

I nodded. I looked at her. At her eyes. I tried to find a bit of uncertainity in it. But I found nothing. She really will be always there. She won't leave me.

She'll stay. Not like the rest. She's different.

I can trust her.

I want to trust her.

"Seol?" I said. She smiled as I called her with a nickname.

"Tomorrow, I'm telling you everything." I said. I looked at her eyes for assurance. And yes. I felt assured. She'll stay.

"Everything?" She confusedly asked.

"Yeah. Everything about me." I said.

"Woah." is wide open. Like she just can't believe that finally, I'm telling her my past.

I can't believe it either. A person whom I've met for only a few days, was able to crack me. Was able to bring down my walls.

"You better sleep. Or else, I won't be telling you." I teased as I wiped the remaining tears in my cheek.

"I was about to sleep. But you just suddenly kept on shouting and trembling. You were having another nightmare. I'm going to guard you whenever that happens again. So I'm not going to sleep." She said.

I blushed at her statement.

"Stupid. You need sleep. I'll be fine." I pinched her cheek. And she yelped as I accidentally hurt her bruise.

"Mianhe." And once again, I kissed her cheek.

I'm ready. I'm ready to trust her. Hopefully this time, she'll keep her promise. That she won't leave me.

---
After Seolhyun fell asleep, I sat on the bed and looked at Seolhyun's sleeping form.

She's beautiful.

I blushed again. Why is this happening to me even if Seolhyun's not even awake?!

Then my attention shifted from her perfect face to her lips. An unknown urge surged through me. The next thing I knew, I was just inches away kissing Seolhyun.

What the hell am I doing?!

I moved away and breathed hard.

Seolhyun, I understood immidiately when I almost kissed you. Why I feel these things for you.

Damn.

Why was I so oblivious?

I kept on wondering what was happening with me whenever she's by my side. I kept on thinking. I even avoided her. I even tried to send her off so many times.

Now I know why I tried so hard to not let my walls crumble.

To think that...

Oh my god.

I fell for Seolhyun.

I fell for my tutor.

----------------------
Yes sorry for the late update. Hyejeong's past will be discussed next chapter. And yup, first pov of Dongdongie in this whole story.

So, tell me what you guys think. Please leave comments. I appreciate them.