Monday 2

Babysitting Her For A Week

e  
Monday

I'm still doing Hyejeong the Devil's homework (it was so long) while the devil is lying down on the bed with her attention on her phone.

It usually went like this. If we aren't arguing or fighting, there will just be dead air between us. No one will bother to speak to the other. And I prefer this than fighting with that brat.

My original job was to tutor Hyejeong but I haven't been able to even talk to her about her studies. Everytime I try to tutor her, that girl would just look at me blankly and coldly, totally ignoring what I'm teaching.

Come to think of it, it's school day today. She got suspended that's why she doesn't go to school. But why did she get suspended in the first place? Maybe I should ask. I'll probably get ignored again anyway.

"Hey little brat." I called out to her on the bed while I'm sitting in her chair.

"I'm older than you. Watch your words." she said, glaring at me for a second before looking back at her phone.

"Really?" I was surprised by the fact that she's older than me. She looks so cute and I never expected that she's older.

"I'm 18, you're 16."

"Wait how did you know?" I ask, totally suspicious of where she got such information.

"It's in your personal data sheet. Umma has it and I decided to read it. Just to make sure that I'm not letting a thief inside my room. You might kill me in my sleep and I wouldn't want that."

Why would I kill such a gorgeous human like you? Oops. Seolhyun what are you even thinking!

"Well, doesn't that mean that you're interested in me?" I smirked.

"No. It's common logic to know the people surrounding you, or else you won't survive in this cruel world. Not everyone can be trusted. Sometimes, the one's you trust are the ones who turn against you. And that causes you so much pain." She smirked at me but I can sense the bitterness in her voice when she said that.

Something must have happened to her. For her to turn like this.

'Please don't give up on her. She just needs someone.' Yuna's statement keeps repeating in my mind.

Hyejeong needs someone. But I still don't know what happened to her. How can I be that someone if I don't even know her fully?

I remain quiet as I don't know how to respond. She just sighed and looked back on her phone. I watched her every action as I thought of what I originally wanted to ask her. Why I called her in the first place.

"Oh yeah, Hyejeong unnie."

She looked at me, glared at me to be exact. She doesn't like me calling her 'unnie'.

"Why were you suspended?" I suddenly blurted out.

She looked at my direction. Not at me. But at my direction. Her eyes look so distant and I instantly knew that I shouldn't have asked.

It's personal.

I was expecting her answer to be 'You don't care' or 'it doesn't concern you'. But she actually answered my question.

"I sent someone to the hospital." I could have sworn her voice was trembling.

"You had a fight?" I asked, prying more into the issue that I'm not even allowed to trespass but being the curious girl I am, I kept on asking.

"No. There's a different reason why she's in the hospital. But I'm the cause why she's there." she said, her voice more stable than earlier.

"Oh."

We kept quite for a moment. Her attention back on her phone again.

But I really want to talk to her. I love hearing her voice. Seeing her beautiful teeth when she opens , and knowing more about her. Maybe then, I can be that 'someone' that she needs.

"What's your name?"

"What?" She looked at me in confusion, cute.

"What's your name." I repeated.

"You already know it. Stop playing with me."

"No I don't. I know you as Hyejeong the Devil. What's the name of the real you?" I asked, looking straight into her eyes.

I stood up from the chair and walked closer to her. I sat on the edge of her bed while she widened her eyes and she backed away, leaning on the headboard.

"What's your name, Hyejeong?" I asked for the third time. This is ironic. She might find me stupid, and I don't really know why I'm doing this myself.

I just felt like I want to. To know her. To understand her. To be the 'someone' she needs.

I kept my eye in contact with hers, she can probably see how serious I am, and she's turned red. Hyejeong easily turns red, I concluded. That's one of the facts I know about Shin Hyejeong.

"Why are you asking? You know already. I'm Shin Hyejeong, only child of the Shin family." she wants to look away from me, but she just can't. I smiled in triumph.

"Shin Hyejeong..." I repeated. The name registered in my mind with her gorgeous face, kind heart (she has that, she just doesn't show it), and almost every positive trait she has.

"Now can you get back to doing my homework? You're done playing with me right?" she said, shooing me away with hand gestures.

"I wasn't playing with you. I really didn't know who Shin Hyejeong was. I still don't. But you know, I deeply want to know who Shin Hyejeong really is. So I want to ask Hyejeong the Devil to move away for a while so that I can meet the true Hyejeong."

What the hell am I saying?! This doesn't make sense!

I smiled at her, she widened her eyes and blushed.
Looking away, she stood up, jumping up and down and shouting high pitched 'argh!'. She might be frustrated. She does that when she's frustrated. That's Hyejeong fact number two! I do have a good guess on why she's frustrated.

Shin Hyejeong doesn't want to be obvious of what she feels. The blush I saw on her face clearly opposes that. That's three of the facts that I know about Shin Hyejeong.

"This conversation is useless." she said, not taking a glance at me before she ran to the door and slammed it.

"Four, she walks out when she's frustrated" I made a mental note as I sighed dreamily.

I'm serious.

I don't know why I want to be that 'someone', I don't understand the purpose of why I'm doing this either.

I just...

I just felt like I want to help her. Because I believe that she's not really that y spoiled brat. It's just a front.

The real her is so much more. I want to do everything just to see the real Shin Hyejeong.

And I have no idea why.

---
I stayed on Hyejeong's room, practically doing nothing since I already finished her homework.

I don't have a phone to keep myself busy so I just sketched something in a piece of paper that I found in her table. Drawing became my hobby since I was a child. And I can say that I'm pretty good at it.

I like drawing unconciously. Whatever it is in my mind, I sketch it on the paper, and when I'm finished I'll just be surprised of what I drew.

This time though, I really was surprised.

I drew Hyejeong smiling heartily.

I blushed in realization of what I just did. Why does she enter my mind so much? I don't know. And I'm not sure I want to find out. I decided to throw the drawing, but it would be a waste. So I just inserted it in one of the books on her shelf and I didn't mind if Hyejeong would find it. To her, it's just a drawing anyway.

After I've done that, a knock was heard on the door. I saw Yuna peeking inside and I smiled at her. She smiled back and took my hand, taking me to wherever she was going.

"Why?" I asked as we ran through the hallways.

"I want you to meet someone." she simply said. We reached the stairs but strangely enough, we didn't go down. We just sat in one of the steps and she peeked in the space, watching something in the living room.

I got curious so I took a look too. There stood Hyejeong, Mrs. Shin and a guy.

"That's Minjun, Hyejeong's fiancé." Yuna said.

My heart sank. Hyejeong has a fiancé? 

Why do I feel like my chest hurts?

"Don't worry. She doesn't like him. She resents him, hates him. The family just put them together for business." I can sense annoyance in Yuna's voice.

"Oh." I was relieved when I knew Hyejeong doesn't feel anything towards that Minjun. 

She's mine.

I grunted as I took away that thought from my mind. I don't know what I'm feeling. I don't know anymore. 

I watched as Mrs. Shin talked to Minjun while Hyejeong was on her phone, completely forgetting that they have a visitor. 

"Minjun doesn't deserve her." Yuna mumbled. I looked at Yuna's face and I saw her make a disgusted face towards that Minjun. 

"Is he not a good person?" I asked. 

"No. Not in the least. He's horrible." She said, "Dongdongie deserves someone better."

She looked at me, "Be that someone, Seolhyun."

I looked away, shy of what I'm going to say, "I don't think I can. She's so rich, and I'm so poor. She's so beautiful, I don't even compare to her. She doesn't want to open up to me. And...I'm not even sure if I like her." 

"Are you kidding me Seolhyun? Hyejeong might be a but she doesn't really care about the riches. She might act like she hates poor people but believe me, there's a reason to it. And you don't compare to Hyejeong's beauty? Please! You're beautiful. Dondongie really won't open up to you in such a short time. But I do think she'll tell you about her past. You're not sure if you like her? Then why did you drew her face earlier? Seolhyun...I'm not forcing you. I honestly don't think you can be that someone in such a short time either. But I do believe that you can do it. I've been her best friend for god knows how long and it took me years to finally know about her past. To fully crack her. But you? It's just your second day here and you were able to see her vulnerable side more than once." 

"You can breath now." I told her.

She nodded and looked at me. Expecting me to answer. I don't really know how to answer so I just looked back. I was staring into her eyes. Trying to search for a reason why she cares for Hyejeong so much. Why she wants her best friend to be happy so much that she's practically begging me to be someone. 

"What are you two doing?" Our attention changed from each other to Hyejeong who is looking at us. Her arms folded on her chest with her eyebrows raised. 

Yuna and I were speechless at first but Yuna was first to crack a smile at her bestfriend. 

"Oh? Are you jealous Dongdongie?" She teased. 

"Yes." I widened my eyes at Hyejeong's reply. She's jealous? Oh my god. She...likes me?

"Yah, Tutor, Yuna's mine." She pointed at me. My hope shattered and I heard Yuna snicker beside me. 

"I'm forever yours my Dongdongie!" Yuna said

Hyejeong rolled her eyes, "Yuck." 

Hyejeong walked past us and into her room, Yuna followed her but before leaving she told me, "She's  a tsundere. That yes was actually meant for you." 

I was left alone in the stairs, my heart beating fast. After a while I noticed someone was coming up the stairs. It was that Minjun. I was scared for an unknown reason so I rushed to Hyejeong's room. 

When I got inside, I saw Hyejeong sitting down on Yuna's lap. If I didn't know that they're best friends I would actually think that they are lovers. The amount of skinship they initiate is something else.

"What is it Seolhyunie?" yuna asked. 

"Minjun's coming this way." 

Hyejeong shot up, walking frantically to the bathroom. 

"Tell him I'm taking a bath." she said. 

I looked confusedly at Yuna, asking for a reason why Hyejeong wants to hide, "I told you already, she resents him. She doesn't like talking to him either. Much more seeing him." 

I nodded. After a while, the door opened and there came Minjun. 

"Oh, Yuna, where's my Hyejeong babes?" He asked. His voice has that poison in it that every time he talks, it sends shivers through your spine. He also has that devilish smirk. 

"She's not yours. Don't call her babes. And I don't know where she is." Yuna said. 

"Really? I just saw her making her way upstairs. Where else would she be?" He scanned the room, hus eyes landed on mine and he have me the devilish smirk.  

"Who would this pretty girl be?" He walked to me, cupping my face in his hand and letting me face him. 

I moved away, pushing him. 

"Wow fiesty." He his lips. 

"Minjun, leave. Now." Hyejeong got out if the bathroom, not even wet from taking a 'bath'.

"Oh, you're here. Why am I in a room of three beautiful ladies? I don't deserve this." He smirked. I swear I've grown to hate his smirk. 

"Yes you don't. Now leave." Hyejeong glared at him.

Hyejeong has a completely different aura with this Minjun. I can sense how much she hates him. 

"But I missed my fiancé."

"Leave!" Hyejeong screamed. 

Minjun was smirking, totally amused with Hyejeong's annoyance. Yuna was watching, glaring at Minjun also. While me? I was totally out of place here. I innocently stared at everything. 

"Fine. But who is this girl? She looks cute." he moved to me again and I flinched as he extended an arm to touch me. 

Before he was able to make contact, Hyejeong came in between us and hugged me. 

"Don't touch her." She glared at Minjun while having an arm wrapped around me for protection. 

I blushed as I was able to smell the scent of Hyejeong. Her chest feels so soft. The arm wrapped around me feels so right and good. I don't know what I'm thinking in this situation but I can barely even think.

"Hmm? Why are you acting like a hero? Last time I checked you were also afraid of me." He extended her arm to Hyejeong and I saw how she shivered and she buried her face in my neck. She's trembling. 

She's scared. 

Scared if Minjun. 

I turned around. I was the one facing him now. My arms wrapped around Hyejeong. I basically changed our position. I buried her face into my neck while trying to console her and to stop her from trembling. 

"She said leave!" I shouted. Mustering up some courage. I don't know where I got the courage. Maybe from the moment she hugged me. 

"That's so sweet. Protecting each other. Did my Hyejeong finally found someone for her?" he smirked. 

"She's not yours!" I shouted. 

"Well-" 

"Minjun." Yuna walked to us and faced Minjun. "Leave" 

There was cold air between us. Hyejeong is still trembling in my arms with her face buried in my neck. Yuna and I am glaring at Minjun who is just smirking. 

After a while, he sighed and left the room. We were able to breath out of relief I sat Hyejeong down on her bed, me on the left and Yuna at the right. 

She was still trembling. 

And that's where I knew. 

I know nothing about Hyejeong.