Tuesday

Babysitting Her For A Week

Tuesday

It turns out, Yuna never went home. She slept with Mina in the sofa. I only discovered this now once I went down and saw the two still sleeping sharing the same blanket.

I furrowed my face in confusion. Why are these two so close? They only met like, the day before yesterday. I spent more time with Yuna than Mina and now Mina is closer to Yuna than me.

I shrugged and went to the kitchen. I found Choa Umma cooking breakfast.

"Umma, let me do that." I immidiately assisted her.

"It's okay Seolhyunie. I haven't done this in a while." She flashed me a motherly smile and I felt like my heart is being crushed. I don't want her smile to fade away because of her illness. I don't want to lose my mother. She and Mina are the only one I have...

I sat down in the dining table, watching my mother cook.

"So, Mina is dating someone already?" She asked

"What?"

"You know, the girl in the couch sleeping with Mina. Are they lovers?"

"No. Yuna's actually my classmate. When I invited her here, she was able to meet Mina. I don't actually know how they got so close." I said.

"Hmm. And you Seolhyunie? The girl you told me about last night? How is she?"

I widened my eyes and I felt my face heat up due to the memories of last night.

I texted Hyejeong and said I love her. Which is a stupid move. I don't even know why that thought crossed my mind. I don't even like her.

FLASHBACK

Me: I love you.

Dondongie: Are you drunk?

I banged my head to the pillow. My actions were so stupid. I needed to think of an excuse or else she'll avoid me more tomorrow.

Me: That was Yuna. She's the one who sent you the 'I love you' text.

Lies.

Dongdongie: Oh.

I waited for more reply but she didn't give a follow up text so I decided to make another topic.

Me: So, how are you? How's Minjun?

Dongdongie: DON'T. TALK. ABOUT. HIM.

Oops. Made her angry.

Me: Sorry. Well, sleep tight. I'll be there tomorrow.

Dongdongie: You're not needed.

Me: I was hired as your tutor though.

Dongdongie: I don't need a tutor.

Me: Do you hate me?

Dongdongie: Yes. I hate you so much.

Me: Then if you hate me, you wouldn't still be replying to me. You'd ignore me. Looks like I'm worth some of your time after all.

Dongdongie: I'm just bored. And I don't want to sleep yet. I'm lonely.

Me: You want me to come there?

Dongdongie: No. You're not needed.

Me: If I'm not needed then why do you talk to me? You're bored. And you need me to satisy your boredom. Basically, you need me.

Dongdongie: You make no sense. I'm going to sleep now. Make sure to give that phone back to Yuna.

I smiled as typed 'bye' and sent it to her. We had a longer conversation in text than in real life. But I'll be sure to talk to her tomorrow.

END OF FLASHBACK

"Yah! Seolhyunie."

I heard someone scream so my daydreaming stopped.

"Yes?" I looked at my mother who called me.

"I was asking about that Hyejeong girl that you mentioned to me last night."

"Oww her."

"How is she?"

"She's...perfect. But I don't like her or anything."

"You don't like her huh." She plastered a smirk on her face. I just shrugged.

---
Yuna and I reached the front gate of the Shin's mansion. Once we entered, the front door, we saw Hyejeong in the sofa.

Hyejeong saw us and lit up. She ran towards Yuna to hug her. I smiled at their bestfriend love. Hyejeong looked at me. She still has a cold look on her eyes but atleast she's not pokerfaced towards me now. It's like she's accepted my existence but she still hates me.

Hyejeong handed me an envelope and when I opened it, it contained money.

"That's more than the amount you earn from mom for a day. You just have to go here for another one day instead of a week. And you'll be able to reach the amount of money you work for." She said coldly.

"Why are you helping me?" I asked. She doesn't care about me right?

"I'm not helping you. I just gave you more money so that you won't be going here anymore. Tomorrow is your last day. I don't want to see you anymore." She said and walked with Yuna to her room. Yuna gave me an apologetic look.

Ouch.

---
I followed after Hyejeong in her room. She was sitting on her bed with her phone again.

"I don't need it." I said to Hyejeong as placed the envelope of money in her bed. She faced me with an annoyed expression.

"Why?" she growled. She's really angry.

"I want to finish the work within a week. Not within four days." I simply said.

"Bull! You said you needed money in a short period of time for your mother. Would you risk your mother's life just because you want to finish your duty properly?" She glared at me angrily.

I don't understand why she's so angry. Someone must have ticked her before I went to talk to her.

"Why do you want to finish this job anyway? You just need the money!" she pushed me angrily and I fell back on the bed.

"No." I held her hand that was about to hurt me more. "Why do you want me out of your world so much? You just met me like two days ago! And you hate me that much? Why?!"

I know about her past. But that really doesn't explain anything about her hatred towards me.

"I don't know! I don't understand myself when you're here. You make me feel some things that I can't understand!" She shouts at me and suddenly her tears start to fall.

I don't understand either. Why is she crying? What's so wrong about me? What...

Instead of being stoned of confusion, I wrapped my arms around her.

She didn't react.

She let me hug her.

"I'm sorry if I make you feel whatever it is. But I'm selfish. And I really want to finish this job properly. Without additional money. Without anything."

"Stupid Seolhyun."

I smiled as it was probably the first time she called me by my name, Seolhyun.

"Yeah. I'm stupid."

---
After that, I guess she became more comfortable towards me.

I offered to teach her some lessons. And she tried to listen.

"You have to find the value of x, y and z right? So you would have to follow this formula." I said.

She nodded. She's quite annoyed of listening and I know that it's against her will to study. But atleast she's listening.

This day has been nothing but improvements between our relationship.

---
Yup, the day was going well. It was going really really well. So ofcourse something, or someone, will have to ruin it.

Minjun came inside the room, a smirk on his face.

"Goodmorning beautiful ladies!" he smirked as he placed the cake he brought on the study table.

We just looked at him blankly. I saw how Hyejeong flinched the moment she saw him but she was able to calm down.

"I bought some cake for the two of you! Aren't you happy?" He enthusiastically asked.

"No." Hyejeong said. Her coldness present in her voice.

"Aww. But I heard girls like cakes." He said as he scanned the book and the papers resting on the table just beside the cake that he brought.

There was dead air as Hyejeong and I watched him mendle with the school papers. He picked up one paper and I recognized it as the assignment that I answered for the past days. A flash of darkness appeared in his eyes for a moment before he tore the paper.

"What the hell?!" I shouted to him as he just tore the thing that I had been working on.

"Oops. It was important. Sorry." He smirked.

I clenched my fists as anger flowed through my system.

I ran to him and took a hold of the cake he bought. Before he could react, I smashed the cake to his chest. Dirtying his designer shirt.

"Yah!" He shouted out of anger as he grab hold of my hair.

Before he could do anything to me, I felt Hyejeong's hand hold my own hand and ran towards the exit. Hyejeong ignored Minjun's screams of protest as she kept on running. Dragging me with her.

My eyes flow to her hand that's holding mine. I could feel sparks and my face became red.

After a few more minutes of running, she stopped when we reached the garden.

"What did you do?!" She scolded me but she still isn't letting go of my hand.

"I just did what he deserves!" I protested.

"But now you'll be one of his targets. He won't make your life easy because of this. It was his favorite shirt. He'll make your life miserable. Just like what he's doing to mine. You should have just shut up." She reasoned as she looked at my eyes. Her face showed concern. But her eyes are still cold. So unreachable.

"No. No way I'm going to shut up. I'm one of his targets? Bring it on then. I don't care about him. I worked hard on that assignment for you! But he just tore it apart! From now on, even if you like it or not, I'm going to be a part of your life. That Minjun, whatever your relationship with him is, I don't care." I said. Holding her hands tighter.

She must have noticed how we kept on holding hands so she took her hands away from me. She looked at me curiously.

"Why do you care so much?" She asked.

"I'm your tutor. That's why." I smiled.

"Just a tutor huh." She scoffed.

"Why? What do you want me to be? What role do you want me to play in your life?" I asked.

"I don't know. Just shut up." She said as she walked away.
---------------
Sorry for the late and short update. Comments are appreciated.