Saturday 2

Babysitting Her For A Week

 

 

Saturday Afternoon

Seolhyun's POV

I sighed for the nth time as Hyejeong ran off again to another booth. She's so excited my energy is drained already.

"You could atleast wait for me." I said once I caught up to her. I was struggling to catch my breath when Hyejeong started running off again.

I can't have that. I'm too tired to catch her. Before she could even get far, I got a hold of her wrist.

"Let's rest first."

"Aww. But I want to eat ice cream!" She pouted to me like a little kid who wasn't given what she wants. She pointed to the ice cream stand that is meters away.

"Yeah don't worry. I'll give you ice cream. Let's just take a break first." I pulled Hyejeong to a bench nearby and sat there.

"Why are you so tired?" Hyejeong annoyedly pouted at me. I sighed and pecked her lips.

"That's not the question here baby. The real question is why don't you get tired? We've been literally running around this amusement park for almost two hours now. This is the first time we ever took a sit."

"Fine."

She laid her head on my shoulder. I closed my eyes to relax. Bringing her to an amusement park wasn't a good idea. I never knew she would become a kid once she's here. I only wanted to treasure my last day of tutoring her that's why I invited her to play.

"Let's play now!" Hyejeong beamed at me after approximately two minutes of resting.

"I'm too tired. Here," I handed her money, "Buy your ice cream. Then come back here."

"But I want to go with you." She stood up and pulled my arm.

"Sorry princess. My legs don't work anymore." I grinned at her. She just puffed her cheeks and walked cutely away from me. She was stomping her feet and acting like an annoyed child.

I giggled as I found it cute.

"Hey!"

I looked up and saw one of my classmates, Jimin.

"Jimmy! Long time no see!" I stood up to hug her. She hugged back.

She sat beside me and we started talking. She was curious as to why I didn't go to school for about a week. Many questions were asked but I left out some important answers. Jimin is one of my longest friends. We've been friends since elementary days but I barely see her because we rarely share the same class. That's why I was so excited when I saw her.

She informed me about the events that took place in school. The subjects I missed, the gossips, etc. I found out that the queenkas, Taeyeon and Jessica broke up. Jessica then left the school because of an unknown reason. A new student came named Tiffany, and she became Taeyeon's new girlfriend.

I heard lots more of stories from school that I didn't notice that almost twenty minutes have passed. Once I remembered, I looked at the ice cream stand to see Hyejeong. But strangely enough, I wasn't able to see her there.

I said my goodbye to Jimin and started looking for Hyejeong. I asked the ice cream vendor if he saw her but he said that he didn't.

I started to worry. It was getting pretty late. I tried contacting her but I forgot that Hyejeong's phone was left in her mansion.

"Yah. Where are you?" I whispered as I felt more worried by the moment.

I tried finding her, asking random people if they saw her, but all I got was a no answer.

"This is my fault. I should have gone with her." I scratched my hair in annoyance.

I searched for her and all my worries disappeared once I saw her her ice cream while sitting on a bench.

I ran to her, forgetting about how tired I was, and wrapped Hyejeong in a hug.

"I was worried. Where the hell have you been?" I whispered to her as I hugged her tighter.

"You don't care." She mumbled.

I got shocked so I pulled away from her to get a better view of her face. Her eyes are red. She's been crying.

"What happened?" I cupped her face but she just glared at me.

"Just go to your 'friend' and leave me alone." She turned away from me but I pulled her to face me.

"Friend? Who?"

"Oh come on. Stop acting like you don't know. You even hugged her. You were so happy when you saw her. And when you were with me you were all frowning and tired. Like you didn't care at all."

I scrunched my face. I didn't understand what she meant. Which friend is she- oh...oh!

Jimin!

She saw me hugging Jimin!

I smirked, "Are you jealous?"

Her face turned bright red and she tried to get away from me again but I didn't let her. Her ice cream fell to the ground as she was shocked.

"Yah! My ice cream!" She punched my lightly in the arm.

"Forget about that ice cream for a while. I'll buy you as much ice cream as you want. Just answer me for now. Are you jealous?"

I stared deep into her eyes.

"No." She looked away but I held her chin so that she'll face me.

"Really?" I moved closer and whispered hot air into her ears. I could feel her squirming and she tried to push me away. Damn, when did I get so bold?

"You're not jealous? So I can just go back to Jimin and start hugging her again? You know I like hugging Jimin, she's so small and cuddly. And her voice is so cute." I grinned as I . When did I get so evil...

"You know there was one time I saw her changing her clothes. I saw her body proportions. It was very se-"

I couldn't finish my sentence when Hyejeong crashed her lips into mine. It was a hard kiss. She gripped my hand and pulled me closer to her.

Damn.

Hyejeong certainly isn't someone who should be made angry.

"I'm jealous okay? Don't ever try cuddling with her again. You're mine. Only mine. I don't want you touching any one else." She glared into my eyes.

"Wow. You're possessive yet you're not even my girlfriend." I grinned at her as I carassed my swollen lips.

"But you're mine and I'm yours. I don't need that girlfriend title for that." She glared at me but her look softened when she saw my swollen lips.

She sighed and hugged me.

"I'm sorry." Hyejeong buried her face into the crook of my neck. "I'm just scared to lose you. And it's my first time seeing you with someone whom I don't know."

I blushed, "I'm sorry too. For teasing you. I guess I went overboard with teasing you."

"Don't worry Hyejeongie. I love you, I'm yours. I won't leave you. And you're mine also, so no one can have you."

We stayed like that for a while, hugging each other. After minutes have passed she pulled away and gripped my arm.

"My ice cream." She pouted.

I smiled at how cute she is, I nodded and bought her an ice cream.

"Seolhyunie! Let's ride that!" She pointed to the roller coaster.

"No." I immidiately said.

"Come on! It's fun." She dragged my arm to the roller coaster. I tried to run away but she caught me and I just found myself sitting on the ride.

The experience was not a good one. Throughout the whole ride, I was gripping into Hyejeong and shouting my lungs out. Hyejeong on the other hand, was just laughing at me.

I glared at her once we got down from the ride. She grinned at me.

"Let's go there!" I pointed to the horror booth. I know Hyejeong is scared of those things so I wanted to take revenge. I nearly puked in the roller coaster.

"No." Similar to my answer earlier, she rejected my idea.

I just dragged her into the horror booth. Ignoring all her complaints and shouts. She even shouted help so the people thought that I'm kidnapping her.

I just looked at them apologetically and kissed Hyejeong's cheek. So that they know I'm not a kidnapper but just a girl with a 'kid'.

When we reached the entrance to the horror booth, her hands instinctively clinged to mine. Just like how I did during the roller coaster ride.

"I hate you." I could hear her murmur but all I could do was laugh.

We walked through the booth with her clinging into me, she's slightly shaking and my ears feel like they'll pop whenever she screams.

"Oh my god Seolhyun! The head just moved! The head moved!" Hyejeong jumped as she clinged into me harder.

"Yes it moved." I nodded as I led her to the exit.

Once we reached the exit, she never let my arm go. She even clinged to me more.

"We're out now Hyejeongie."

"I don't care." She mumbled as she never let go of me.

"You hungry?"

She nodded.

We entered a restaurant nearby and ate.

"The food's good here." She said as she stuffed food into .

"The food you make is better though." I smiled at her which made her turn red.

"Then go to my house tomorrow. I'll cook you lunch."

"I'd like to. But I have school tomorrow. I'll start going back to school after working as your tutor."

Hyejeong frowned and continued eating silently.

"I'll go tomorrow night maybe. After I finish school, I'm going straight to your house. How does that sound?" I grinned, in attempt to stop making her feel bad.

"No. You must be tired after school, you can go to your home and rest. No need to go to my house. I'll just cook for you on weekends." She looked at me and smiled back.

"That reminds me, when are you going back to school?" I asked her.

"Next month. I got suspended remember?"

"Why were you suspended?"

"I...I got angry at a classmate who was invading my personal space. She was too clingy and annoying. She even tried flirting and touching me. I lost myself, so I ended up pushing her. It wasn't that hard, but she stumbled and hit a rock in her head. She...she still hasn't woken up yet. A month has passed." Hyejeong's voice cracked as she told me the story.

"I'm supposed to be in jail, but because of how influencial my family is, I got out of my mistake."

I remained quiet.

"Do you hate me now? Now that you know that I almost killed someone? Don't you love me anymore..." Her voice cracked and she's crying.

I panicked once I saw her cry. I moved closer to her and engulfed her in a hug.

"Pabo. I'll never stop loving you. You just pushed her because you were protecting yourself. It's not your fault."

She hugged my back, "Thanks." She muttered.

After that, we ate and talked about other things too.

"Seolhyunie, I want to meet your mother."

I stopped eating and faced her.

"Why?"

"I guess she should know me right? Since...e-even if we're not yet o-official, I want her to k-know me." She stuttered and I found it cute. I'm actually touched. That means she's serious about me.

"Of course you can meet her. I'll take you to my house later. But before that, let's ride the ferris wheel!" I suggested.

She nodded and stood up, we paid the bill and rode the ferris wheel. The sun was setting so we had an amazing view.

"It's beautiful." Hyejeong said once we were at the highest peak.

"You know what's more beautiful?" I said.

"What?" She blushed.

"Me." I grinned.

She punched my shoulders and glared at me.

"What? Were you expecting me to say you?" I .

"No..." She looked away but she didn't stop punching me.

"I'm joking. You're more beautiful. You're the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. Okay?" I held her hand and smiled.

"You're beautiful too. More beautiful than me." She said which made me blush.

I held her hand as we watched the sunset.

"I hope everything will be okay soon. So that you'll be my girlfriend." I said.

"Me too." She rested her head into my shoulders and I rested my head into hers.

---
We're currently in front of my house. I have Hyejeong with me, and she plans to meet my mother.

"Choa Umma, I'm home!" I shouted as I placed my bag on the table.

I told Hyejeong to sit in the sofa while I call my Umma.

When I entered her room, she was already about to go out.

"Seolhyun!" She exclaimed and hugged me.

"Hey umma. How are you feeling?"

"Fine." She smiled. But behind that smile, I can see her gritting her teeth. No, she's not fine. But there's nothing I can do. I tried to act like I didn't notice and continued our conversation.

"Where's Mina?" I asked.

"Oh, she's with her girlfriend, that Yuna girl who's almost always here."

Girlfriend?

"Anyway, I have a visitor with me who wants to meet you. It's Hyejeong." I led her to the living room where Hyejeong is sitting.

Once Hyejeong saw umma, she immidiately stood up and bowed.

"Annyeong, ma'am."

"No need to be so polite. I'm going to be your mother-in-law soon anyway. Let's be comfortable."

Mother-in-law?! What the hell is my mom saying?!

"I'm Kim Choa, Seolhyun's mother. And you're Hyejeong right? The girl who Seolhyun always talks about?"

Hyejeong and I both turned a shade red.

"Wow, you're pretty. And you look sophisticated and graceful, I wonder how my clumsy Seolhyun got you." Umma said.

"Yah umma!" I complained as she was teasing me. Hyejeong, in turn, grinned playfully at me.

"Thank you for the compliments ma'am." Hyejeong bowed.

"Hey, no need to be so formal."

I left the two so that they could know each other more. I went to the kitchen to get them food and drinks. I waited for awhile before going back, but I decided not to show myself to them because they were having a serious talk.

"Forgive my attitude but I would like to ask you a quite sensitive question. You look rich...you seem to be from a high family." Umma said with a careful voice. I know where this is going. I know umma isn't asking this because of the money, she's concerned about Hyejeong and her part of the family.

Rich people, well, tend to treat poor people badly.

"Uhm...yes. I'm from the Shin family."

Umma widened her eyes, "Shin family?! You meen the richest company in korea?"

"Yes..." Hyejeong looked away. She's totally uncomfortable.

"Do your parents know? About your relationship with Seolhyun?" Umma asked.

"Well, no." Hyejeong mumbled softly.

"Do you love my daughter?" Umma asked.

"Yes ma'am. I love h-her. She's the o-only ever person t-to make me feel this way. She's the only one who makes me feel so protected and warm. I d-don't know what I would do if I never met her. Probably I would still be drowned in darkness and pain. If she wasn't there to show me the light, I probably would have killed myself already. I love her."

I felt my cheeks getting red, my tears started falling. She did confess that she loved me, but she never told me how much I meant to her life. To hear this from her...it's a different thing. My heart feels like it's going to explode from happiness.

"I can see how much you love her. And Seolhyun loves you too. Take care of Seolhyun for me. I...I don't think I'll live long enough for her. So...if the time comes that I'll leave, be there for her. I'm glad it was someone like you who she found, and not someone who would hurt her." Umma smiled, tears were threatening to fall in her eyes.

I bit my lips to surpress my whimpers as I wanted to cry hard. Now, my mother was telling someone to take care of me because she knows that she'll die soon.

"Umma please don't cry. Seolhyun wouldn't like it if she would see you cry. I'll take care of your treatment. I know that the money Seolhyun earned from tutoring me is not yet enough to treat you. I'll take care of the rest..." Hyejeong offered.

"No...I can't do that. It's your own money. I can't use it."

"Yes you can. It was you who said that I can treat you as my mother-in-law. That means we're a family now. Family helps each other. I'm going to help you, so please don't refuse." Hyejeong said and held my mother's hand.

Umma nodded and hugged Hyejeong.

I wiped the tears off my face and took a deep breath. I smiled and walked to them.

"Wow, you guys are cheating on me." I joked.

The two laughed and kept on talking, completely ignoring me.

They got close in a short period of time.

"Oh, by the way umma, Hyejeong and I aren't in a relationship." I said.

Umma faced me with a shocked look, then she faced Hyejeong who looked at her innocently.

"What do you mean you aren't in a relationship?" She asked.

"She rejected me when I asked her to be my girlfriend. Don't worry though, she'll be calling me her girlfriend soon." I smiled at Hyejeong who just turned red.

---
I stood with Hyejeong outside our house. It's already pretty late and she needs to go home.

"Thanks for meeting with my mom. It's been a long time since I saw umma so happy. These days, she just stays in her bed and grunts in pain because of her cancer. Because of you, atleast her attention was diverted." I held her hand and played with her fingers.

"No problem. My attention was also diverted. I didn't lock myself in my house and become miserable this time. I had fun today." She smiled and cupped my face.

"We're not in a relationship yet we act like we are." I grinned as I held her chin to look straight into her eyes.

I moved closer to her and kissed her, she kissed back. After kissing, I pressed our foreheads together and stayed like that for a while.

"I'm going to school tomorrow." I said.

"So I'm not seeing you for the whole day?" She pouted.

"I'll call, don't worry baby."

And our lips met again.

I wish we did stay like that. But the day after, things started going downhill. And without realizing it, I lost her without even making her mine.

 

---

Long time no see guys! I missed all of you. I hope that you weren't disappointed with this chapter. I became quite busy so that's the reason for my late updates. The next chapter, I'll be starting the drama, so enjoy this piece of fluff I gave you hahaha. Thank you to everyone for all the support uptill now, for the votes and comments. Please tell me what you think of the story in the comments. And sorry for being unresponsive to some, I'm really busy. I love all of you. Saranghae!