Monday

Babysitting Her For A Week

Monday

"Can I come?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because I need someone to look after umma."

After a while....

"Can I come?"

"No."

"Why?"

"Don't make me repeat myself Unnie."

A few moments later...

"Can I come?"

"We already talked about this."

Minutes after...

"Can I come?"

"Unnie, I swear if I hear another one of your complaints about coming with me I will definitely tell Yuna that you have a crush on her." I said, biting on the bread I'm currently eating.

"But..."

I sighed. Obviously Mina unnie has taken quite an interest in Yuna ssi. We're eating breakfast while our mother is still upstairs, sleeping. Umma wakes up late.

"Don't worry. I'll ask for Yuna's phone number and give it to you."

I patted her head  as I smiled at how cute she is. Come to think of it MIna and I have nothing alike. She's small and I'm tall. She has big eyes and mine are smaller. Even our attitude and personality are different. Maybe that's because we aren't totally blood related. Umma adopted Mina when I was five years old. Umma always wanted to give me a sibling, but appa died. So she adopted someone just for me. 

But really, even if Mina and I aren't blood related, we rely and love each other.

I was about to go upstairs to get myself ready for work when Mina suddenly grabbed my hand, "Wait."

"What?"

She motioned me to take a seat beside her and I did, confusion present in my face.

"Tell me about yesterday. Last night you only told me that you're tutoring someone. You never told me how it went." she has that curious but serious look on her face. I'm usually the mature one between the two of us but there are times when her unnie side just comes to life.

"It was....fun." I lied. Yesterday was horrible. With Hyejeong the Devil and all.

"You're lying. I saw you last night before I went to bed. You were staring blankly at the ceiling. That's something a person would do if something is bothering them or if he/she is stressed out." she pointed out.

"Well, I guess it didn't go quite what I expected it to be. I expected that I'll be tutoring someone academically challenged. But all I got was a spoiled brat who only knows how to hurt the feelings of others." I unconsciously smiled.

"Hmmm. But from the look on your face it seems that you don't hate her that much." she said, causing me to be confused of my earlier actions.

I knitted my eyebrows as I thought of a reply to what Mina said but I couldn't manage to speak a word.

I looked at Mina's expression and her eyes gradually grew big, her lips parting and forming an amused smile. "Oh my god, Kim Seolhyun, don't tell me you're..." she stopped whatever she was going to say as she stared at me with those big eyes.

"I'm what?" I gave her another confused look.

"You like someone! You like the girl you're tutoring!" she exclamed. I faepalmed.

"No. I don't like her, I just find her attractive. Her face is basically like an angel. I would have liked her if her attitude was also that of an angel. That spoiled brat is a .Her attitude is that of a devil." I explained.

"But that doesn't change the fact that you find someone attractive. Kim Seolhyun, a girl who swore when she was a child that she'll never find someone attractive because her taste in people is high yet she is actually attracted to someoene right now." she smirked,

"This is going nowhere. Finish your food and wash the dishes." I said as I walked back to my room to change lothes.

I decided to end that conversation. Probably because I have to prepare myself for work. But a bigger part in me says that I wanted to end the conversation because I'm scared that Mina's right...

I might like Hyejeong.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I took a deep breath as I was about to knock on Hyejeong's door. I'm not mentally prepared to face the girl that I kept on thinking last night. What if she's scared of me? Or angry? 

It literally took me more than seconds to knock and I'm just outside her door, contemplating on wether to knock or not. 

My worries and nerviousness immidietly disappeared when the door opened without me touching the door knob. I saw Hyejeong's surprised face once she saw me infront of her. 

"Hey." I awkwardly greeted. 

Her surprised look disappeared and she just looked at me without a single expression on her face. She looks at me with those cold eyes again. I shiver at the look she's giving me. These are the eyes that stared down at my soul last night. These are the eyes that I kept on thinking last night before I went to sleep. 

"Morning." I smiled, which she replied with a blank expression. I shrugged and just went straight to her room. 

"I never told you to go inside." those are the first words she told me for the day. No 'goodmorning' or 'hi'. 

"Well, I'm already inside. What can you do about it? Push me out the door?" I smirked. Then I realize that I haven't said sorry to her for what I did yesterday.

She was about to go out of the door, totally ignoring what I said when I called out to her, 

"Dongdong!" 

She stopped and glared at me. 

"Don't call me Dongdong!" 

"Sorry." I seriously said. 

"Whatever." she said as she continued to leave the room. 

I panicked as I may not get another chance to apologize to her, which is why I ran after her and held her wrist to prevent her from going away.

She turned to me with an annoyed expression. She  moved her hand away from mine and backed away from me. Hyejeong didn't move this time and she just looked at me, willing to hear out what I want to say.

"Sorry." I said, "Not just for calling you Dongdong, but for what happened yesterday. I got angry and I acted recklessly. If I hurt you in any way, I'm so sorry." 

"It doesn't matter. You said you didn't care about me. Why bother apologizing? It's not a big deal anyway." she said acting all sassy.

"It doesn't matter? So why did I hear from Yuna that she saw you walk away from your room with tears in your eyes?"

She was surprised and I could hear her mumbling something about Yuna. She looked away from me and I used that opportunity to hold her shoulder again.

"I'm sorry." I said, more serious.

Her eyebrow twitched and she flinched, causing me to be confused. I tightened my hold of her shoulders and she flinched again. My eyes widened in realization and I took hold of her t-shirt. I brought her t shirt down to see red marks on her shoulder. I caused this. My hold of her yesterday must have caused her injury. 

Hyejeong quickly moved away from me and shielded her chest. Her cheeks blushing hard. She must have misinterpreted my actions and I just realized what I have done, blushing so myself.

"Sorry." I apologized for the third time, but this time, for a different reason. 

"Argh!" She shouted before running away from me. I stood there, unmoving. As the thought of her blushing face registered into my mind, my face became redder. 

"I came to say sorry, not to become flustered by my stupid actions." I mumbled as I fixed my things into Hyejeong's study table. I plan to finish the homework she told me to do.

---

It was when I finished doing Hyejeong's homework when I realized that I'm thirsty. Hyejeong the Devil never came back after she ran away from me earlier. 

I walked through the hall of the mansion, on my way to the kitchen to get water. As I walked, I heard a voice coming from a closed room. I couldn't help but get interested when I heard Hyejeong's voice. 

"No! I don't want to see him again!" I eavesdropped and I recognized that voice as Hyejeong's.

"Yah, little brat. You've done nothing for our family.  Why can't you just marry Minjun so that our companies can combine and we will become richer?! That's all I'm asking of you!" a voice, which is presumed belongs to Mrs. Shin said.

"I don't want to! I hate you! I hate this family!" Hyejeong said and I hear footsteps towards the door. I panicked and quickly hid beside the trashbin. The door opened and I saw Hyejeong walking away, annoyance present in her face.

I stood up when nobody was watching. I make my way to the kitchen to get water. While drinking, I thought of what I heard earlier. Mrs. Shin wants Hyejeong to marry some guy that I forgot the name of. 

That's pretty common in business minded families. But I thought about the freedom that Hyejeong deserves. She can't marry the person she likes.

That's sad.

But what do I care? I don't have to care.

I haven't finished drinking water so I almost spit it out when I heard a voice. 

"Hey Seolhyunie! You're here!" Yuna walked to me and hugged me. We got pretty close in such a short period of time. 

"Hey Yuna-ssi." 

"So how is it? Were you able to apologize to the 'princess'?" She asked me as she leaned on the dining table. 

"I did apologize. I just don't know if it was accepted or not. " 

"Did Hyejeong say something after you apologized?" 

"She said 'whatever', 'I don't care' and the likes." I said, putting down the glass of water I drank from. "She even screamed out of frustration." 

Yuna smiled at me and tapped my head. "That means she accepts your sorry. Normally if Hyejeongie's really angry, she won't even face or talk to you. So if she responded, that means she acknowleges it." 

I smile at the fact that Hyejeong accepted my sorry. She must have a good heart deep inside for forgiving people. 

"By the way.." I said, "I was able to see marks on Hyejeong's shoulder. It was probably caused by my actions yesterday. Can you tend to her injury? She won't even let me touch her." 

Yuna gave me a meaningful smile, "Yah~ little Seohyunie is concerned for the devil."

"It's not like that! I just feel guilty!" 

She laughed. We talked about a few more things. And then I remember about Mina's request. I ask Yuna for her phone number and when I told her that Mina's asking for it, she immidietly turned red.

---

When I went back to the room, I was surprised by the scene infront of me. 

The devil, Shin Hyejeong, is sitting at her study table, answering her homework that I wasn't able to finish. 

"Woah. I never knew you studied." I suddenly said, causing the girl to get startled. 

For a moment when I saw her startled, I thought it was the cutest thing.

"You know nothing about me." she glared at me as she stood up, did a little stretching (no, I was not mesmerized by her curves when she stretched), yawned (I did not find her yawning cute) and she walked to her bed. 

My attention switched from watching Hyejeong to checking the answers that she wrote. I found that she perfected the questions that she answered with ease. No erasures, meaning to say, she did not struggle on answering the problem. 

"You're pretty smart, considering the fact that I never tought you yet and you were able to answer such questions." I looked at her, she's on her phone again. 

"You don't know me. Stop assuming things. In the first place, I'm not an idiot. I know the answers to the questions. Second, how can you teach me if all you're doing is answering my homework." 

"Well duh, the reason why I'm answering your homework is because of your request Princess. I asked you to get out your books so I can teach you but you totally ignored me." 

She tilted her head side to the side, obviously not remembering my story. 

"You forgot? It was only yesterday!" 

"Sorry, I easily forget useless things in my life. Including you. When you finish your job, you'll disappear from my life. And I'll forget you. Because you're useless." 

I breathed in and out, surpressing my annoyance. If I don't control my anger then it could result like last time. 

"In your life, yes I may be useless. But to others, like my mom, my hardwork keeps her alive. This job keeps her alive so I don't need you calling it useless." My voice turned cold. When I'm angry, I usually cause an outburst, but I can also act cold when I try to calm myself down. 

"Your mom huh...She must be a great person. Since you work hard to keep her in your life." she said. 

"Ofcourse she is, aren't all moms like that? They care greatly for their children." I said, gradually calming down and forgetting what she said earlier. 

I saw Hyejeong scoff and it was followed by a smirk, "Looks like you're the one who doesn't understand life between the two of us." 

"What's the problem? Don't you like your mom? She's an awesome person!" I said, remembering the time Mrs. Shin gave me money earlier before I went back to this room.

"You say that because she's your employer. She gives you money. She's-" Hyejeong cutted herself from talking as if she just realized something, "No. I shouldn't be talking to a lowlife like you." 

After that, she ignored my further questions and complaints. I grunted as she's acting like a brat again.

Atleast, this day was better than yesterday. I was able to know Shin Hyejeong better, even if it's only some few infos.