Sunday

Babysitting Her For A Week

Sunday

"Mina! Mind keeping an eye on mom since I need to work now?" I called out to her who was busy watching tv.

"Hmm." she closed the tv and faced me, "Sure. But  what kind of job were you able to find? I checked the newspaper and the net yesterday but I wasn't able to find a job suitable for a student like you."

I slipped my worn out shoes and let out a sight, "Let's just say that bumping into someone at school would bring great help to you. Tell mom I'm at school if she asks where I went."

After that, I shut the door and let the cold morning air slap my face. Like literally slapped my face because it was windy as hell. 

I took out the piece of paper that Mrs. Shin gave me. It contained the address of the house that I need to go to. When I figured that it was walking distance I nearly screamed of joy. It would save the money I need for taxi or transportation. 

I started walking towards the direction of the house. I lied when I said I'm going to school. In fact, I stopped school. I figured that me and Mina's tuition fee is already causing much problems to our family budget. We needed all the money we can get to save mom. So right now, I'm making my way to my job.

It only took me minutes to get to the Shin's Mansion. I stood outside and marveled at the size and design of the house. Our house couldn't even compare to the house infront of me. 

"What are you doing here kid?" 

I turned to my right and saw a guard looking at me. 

"I came to tutor Shin Hyejeong. Mrs. Shin sent me here." 

He eyed me suspiciously until he took out his phone. I watched in confusion until I heard him talk to the other line. He's talking to Mrs. Shin, probably for assurance. 

"She's expecting you in the lobby." he opened the door with a click in some kind of device. 

I made my way inside and saw how big the garden is. Everything about this house is big, elegant and beautiful. There is a straight line connected to the entrance to the house and that's where I went.

After a long walk through the garden, I was able to enter the house. If the outside is beautiful, you can say that the inside is more beautiful. I was marveling each furniture and design when somebody bumped against me. 

"Yah!" she shouted.

I turned my head to see who it was and I saw a girl with headphones on looking at me.

Gorgeous

Stunning

Beautiful

The mansion's beauty took my breath away. But this girl infront of me made me unable to process anything at all. 

An angel.

"What the hell are you doing here? Why did they let poor people like you in? Your dirty shoes are ruining our carpet." she told me.

Therefore I conclude that my assumptions are wrong. She is nowhere near an angel. 

Now I am totally going to ignore how beautiful her voice sounds and I'm going to focus on the fact that she insulted the shoes my mother worked hard to give me.

"Well, sorry for ruining your carpet Princess. This is the only pair of shoes that I have unlike you who waste your money purchasing branded shoes." I bitterly glared at her. She glared back. We have perfect chemistry, so much that we hate each other at first sight.

"Hey Hyejeong!" another girl came rushing towards us. 

Hyejeong...

So this gorgeous-but-evil-specimen infront of me is the one I'm going to be tutoring? This won't be good. 

"Yah Hyejeongie! How many times have I told you not to leave without me? You always forget about your best friend." a cute looking girl settled beside Hyejeong the Devil and continued panting. 

"Whatever Yuna." Hyejeong the Devil rolled her eyes and started walking to wherever she wants to go and I don't care.

"Hyejeongie!" Her bestfriend, Yuna whined. After a while she stopped whining and faced me, "Oh, who are you?" 

I gulped as I imagine her insulting me for being poor like what Hyejeong the Devil did. Most rich people look down on us so it can't be avoided. 

"Kim Seolhyun. Hyejeong's tutor." I tried to sound confident. But Hyejeong the Devil's insult on me earlier really lowered my self esteem.

"Really? Does that genius even need a tutor?" She murmured but I heard her clearly, "Anyway, she must be acting cold and a to you. She's actually a sweet girl once you get to know her." 

"I doubt that."

She let out a laugh, "She is a and I'm not going to defend her with lies. But please don't give up on her. She just needs someone." 

"What?" I didn't quite understand her. Needs someone for what? 

"You'll find out if she opens up to you. For now, I'll introduce myself. My name is Seo Yuna, Hyejeong's best friend." she extended her hand to me. I released a smile as I figured that she's not like the other rich people. She doesn't look down on me. 

She told me where the lobby is and I thanked her before making my way to Mrs. Shin. 

I found the lobby and saw Mrs. Shin reading a newspaper. 

"Goodmorning Ma'am." I greeted her with a bow. Her attention shifted from the newspaper to me. 

"Hyejeong! It's good of you to come. I'm very thankful to you for accepting my offer." she smiled warmly at me. "Take a seat." she motioned me to sit at the sofa parallel to her. 

"Yes well, I'm in a critical situation right now and I am in need of money." 

"But still, I am thankful. You will earn 150,000 won for each day that you will tutor my daughter." 

"Woah, ma'am that is a big amount. I will be sure to tutor her everyday then." I smiled politely. 

"Well, here's the money. I trust that you will not run away from your job and do it correctly. I put a lot of trust in you." she patted my shoulder as she handed me the money. 

"You can go to her room and tutor her there. It's upstairs and it's in the third door at the left side." after she told me the directions, she just left me. 

How did I get this job? Pretty simple actually. I didn't know about my mother's cancer at that time and I was still going to school. I maintained my grades and I became the top in my batch. Just then, I bumped into Mrs. Shin. She noticed the medal that was given to me and offered me to tutor her only daughter. I refused saying I was incompetent to teach someone. But Mrs. Shin was able to talk to the principal. It seems like she asked who the smartest in the school is. My name got involved. I said I'm considering it. And when I needed money, I accepted it automatically.

I walked to Hyejeong the Devil's room and examined my mental state before knocking. No one opened the door even though people were obviously inside. I can hear Yuna's voice inside her room. I knocked again, a little louder this time. Nothing. 

I shrugged and just twisted the doorknob. What I saw inside horrified me. Yuna with her face so close to a blushing Hyejeong. Something boiled inside me, but I decided to ignore such irrelevant feelings. They didn't seem to notice that I was inside and Yuna kept whispering something to Hyejeong. Causing the other to take a deeper shade of red. 

Am I invading privacy here? Maybe I should go out and wait for the 'bestfriends' to finish whatever it is they are doing. 

I went out, closing the door as quietly as I can. I felt like there's some kind of heavy feeling building up inside me. I swing my head left and right in attempt to remove whatever this is I'm feeling. 

On another thought, I remember seeing Hyejeong's blushing face. It was so cute. What? What am I saying? What?! 

After a while of me going crazy, I heard the door click, I saw Yuna walk out of the room. She looked at me and smiled. "I'm sure you saw whatever me and Hyejeongie where doing. Don't worry. It's normal between us to initiate that much skinship. We kind of make it as a game on who can make the other flustered. I always win anyway hahahaha." She walked away as if nothing happened. 

I prepared myself for the second time before knocking on Hyejeong's door. This time, she was able to open it. I scanned her face for any traces of  blush and the rest on her face. It was cold again. Like how she looked at me earlier. 

"You again?" how she could have a complete reversal of attitude fascinates me. The other moment she was being so cute and vulnerable, right now she looks as if she will be your nightmare. 

"Yes me again. And I'm afraid you'll be seeing me for a couple of days too." I entered her room, ignoring her complaints about a 'filthy' person setting foot into her palace. "I'm Kim Seolhyun." 

She completely ignored my introduction and instead she focused on showing me how annoyed she is by the fact that I'm inside her room.

"I don't care." she glared at me. 

"Will you care if I say I'm going to be your tutor for the week?" I sat on her bed cross legged and she just looked at me with that annoyed expression on her face.

"I don't care." she repeated. More deeper and intimidating. 

Now I won't be able to teach or tutor this brat if I'm going to loose to her. I have to give her the impression that she can't bully me because I'm stronger than her. 

"Well, take out your books and let's get started." I said.

"Yah!" she shouts at me but I ignore her. She might be beautiful and gorgeous but no way I'm letting her intimidate me like earlier when we first met.

"Come on, take out your books. What subject don't you understand?" I raised my eyebrow to her. 

She just kept on glaring. 

"Nothing will happen if you just glare." I smirk

"Wipe that smirk off your face!" she's turning red from anger and I am so amused at this scene. 

"Aww, is Princess Hyejeong mad?" I mocked.

"Are you mocking me?!" she shouted again. Completely forgeting to show me a cold front.

"Yes." 

"AAAAAARRRRGHHHHH!!"

I said a simple answer and I recieved an ear piercing scream. 

We just glared at each other for almost ten minutes. She finally got tired and laid down on her bed. I smiled in my thriump. 

"If you're going to be my tutor then atleast do my homework for me." she said as she's busy using her phone.

"I thought you're suspended?" I asked.

She looked at me as if I was some kind of stalker or something. "How did you know that?" 

"Duh, your mom told me." 

She looked distant for a while and threw a book to me. 

"I was suspended but that doesn't mean I don't have homework. The homework they gave me is double the amount of a normal student." she said not looking away from her phone. 

I sighed. 

This really won't be a good and easy tutoring. Basically I feel like I'm babysitting and not tutoring. 

Shin Hyejeong is a brat. But she's gorgeous.