F I V E

The Voice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everthing happens for a reason and Yoona herself, have her own reason as well.

 

She spilled out everything, everything about why she didn't want to speak although she could.

 

When she was still young, things didn't happened accordingly to what she wanted. Her mother passed away when she was at the age of 5. Her mum was about to fetch her from the kindergarden and when she was crossing the road to pick her up, a truck came towards her at high speed, knocking her down mercilessly.  She was a mere 5 year old kid, witnessing such accident with her own pair of eyes was traumatising, moreover it's her own mother.

 

Yoona came from a wealthy family, with her father working as the boss at top notch company. After the accident, everyone was forcing her to say out what she had witnessed - the police, her family, even the reporters. Until she couldn't take it anymore, she ran out of the building and ended up fainting at the entrance.

 

Since then, she didn't want to speak due to fear. The doctors said that she was only one that could pull herself back; whether she could speak or not, to find back her voice or not. No matter how many rehab session she was signed up for, things remained the same.

 

She had been like this for the past 20 years, not getting out from that fear that was in her since she was 5.

 

☯☯☯☯☯☯

 

It had been a year, a year since she went for the rehab diligently with me by her side.

 

Since she just started to speak after many years, she stuttered every now and then when she's speaking. The doctor said that this is very normal and it's only temporarily. It would get better when she start to speak more often.

 

That day, when we fought and when I thought everything was going to end there. Instead, she gave me a bigger surprise.

 

"Oppa!"

 

She's getting better as days passed by, speaking without stuttering.

 

Just like what I've said a few years ago, her voice would sound heavenly if she could speak.

 

Indeed, it was. Ever since she started to speak, to let us hear her voice, I always thought I was dreaming, staring at her intensely whenever she speaks.

 

Everything was so good to be true until I felt like I was dreaming.

 

"You are getting better huh?" I pulled her closer to me, into my embrace.

 

"O-Of course~ Who do you t-think I am~"

 

Although she's still stuttering, I was sure she would get better.

 

"You are the almighty Im Yoona, aka Kwon Jiyong's girlfriend~"

 

She then nodded against my chest, with that smug expression.

 

☯☯☯☯☯☯

 

"Actually, you are very l-lousy you know?"

 

We were at her favourite seafood restaurant in Namsan.

 

"Why?"

 

I said it nonchanlantly. I wasn't really paying attention to her, concentrating cracking all the shell of the crab as I tried to get out all the crab meat for her.

 

"For the past 5 years, I actually gave out some hints t-that I could s-speak. But you couldn't even catch one of t-them!"

 

"Really? Since when? I swear I didn't hear you speak, not even once. Unless you were talking about last year, in your apartment."

 

"Not that time! Remember when w-we were playing, I was squealing?"

 

"Uh huh? You mean mute can't do that?"

 

"Oh my g-goodness, Kwon Jiyong!" She let out a sigh. "A mute doesn't have a vocal cord, how can they even make sound?"

 

"Oh, you mean those time when we were at the amusement park?" I looked at her and smiled creepily, motioning her to move closer to me as I whispered into her ears "Or do you mean those time when we were in bed?"

 

"YAH!"

 

Of course, the violent Yoong wouldn't let this go and so a slap was felt on my arm.

 

"Ouch! Can't you be a little mor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter