Realization

Paper Thin

Seyong smiled as a figure approached him, greeting the person politely and with happiness. The makeup noona's thin fingers moved skillfully as she applied the makeup to his already beautiful face.

"Jinnie..?" Chaejin snapped his head up at his leader Gunwoo's voice. "Is something wrong?"

Forcing a fake smile onto his face, Chaejin forced out, "No..no, it's nothing."

"Really? Because you've been staring at Seyong for quite a while." The maknae's face turned the shade of red that could only be brought out by the mention of his hyung. The hyung that had practically confessed his love. The hyung that he had pushed away. "Jinnie, you're staring at him again..are you sure you don't need to talk to someone?"

"I'm fine, hyung. Really!" Chaejin reassured, which seemed to satisfy Gunwoo for the time being. When he was finally alone, the maknae's mind wandered. Hmm, how many fans would be out there? Is Seyong hyung mad at him? What would tonight's dinner be? Has Seyong hyung moved onto someone else? It was useless. Every thought would lead him back to the single thought that was slowly taking over his mind. The only thing that seemed to go through successfully was the call for the group to go on the stage, and even then he knew that the only thing he'd be thinking about was his hyung.

As they stepped onto the stage, the fans cheered and waved, ecstatic that the members were about to put on a show for them. The vocals were amazing, the dance formation picture perfect, but even then Chaejin felt that there was something wrong. There was a piece missing from this image, and he knew he wouldn't be truly happy until it was there: Seyong's love and affection. 

The performance slowly reached its end, and as the group came together to say their thanks, Chaejin saw in the corner of his eye Seyong's arms reaching around JunQ, holding him in a way that he used to only embrace the maknae. The maknae's eyes met with his hyung's for a moment before he couldn't stand it anymore and looked back forward. He felt his heart ripping even more, only he couldn't show it. Not in front of his fans. Chaejin wanted the concert to end. He wanted all of this to end. Soon enough, they all bowed and walked off the stage and to their van. The maknae walked only facing the ground, hoping not to see Seyong again. It didn't work, because Seyong came up to him anyway. "Yah, Jinnie? Does your head hurt or something? Why aren't you looking up?" The maknae looked up at the red head, glaring daggers at him. How could he talk so casually after what they've been through? He felt tears rushing towards his eyes, and he took a sharp turn to the backstage area, avoiding everyone else.

Chaejin didn't know what to think anymore. His brain said to give up on his hyung, find someone else. His torn heart still yearned for Seyong to come back. His heart seemed to call loud enough, as the red head slowly came up to the maknae. "Chaejin..what's wrong? Why are you crying?" 

"I-i'm..not...crying," Chaejin choked out, the backstabbing tears flowing, his throat starting to get sore. Seyong gave him the look that told him the lie wasn't working. "Really now, Jinnie. Why aren't you telling me anything? I know something's wrong, so why can't you just say it?"

"Oh, y-you don't already know?" Chaejin spat out in between sobs, his anger starting to pour out alongside his sadness, "You didn't think I saw you and JunQ hugging? D-do you have any idea how much it hurt?!"

Seyong's calm demeanor was slowly fading. "It's just fanservice. You seemed to treat it like just that when I hug you in public. You accept it happily, and then when anything happens when there AREN'T fans around, you hate me for it."

"H-hate you?!"

"Yeah, you hate me! You push me away like I'm some trash. If you care so much about me hugging other people, then why don't you just say it, instead of holding it in and bursting out at me like this?!" 

A pause of silence took over the two. "I....I'm afraid," the maknae whispered.

"Afraid of what?!" Seyong yelled in exasperation.

"Afraid of you! I'm afraid of how nice you are. I'm afraid of how you're so beautiful. I'm afraid that another person will see how beautiful you are and take you from me. I'm afraid that I'm going to get too attached to you. I'm afraid that you'll find someone else so easily and forget all about me. I'm afraid that I'll love you so much that it'll kill me to see you leave!" 

The words flowed out of Chaejin's mouth so fast that he was unable to stop them. He closed his reddened eyes, covered his face, and fell to his knees on the floor. His hyung's hands slowly pryed his own hands off of his face, and he was soon embraced. The familiar scent of the red head only seemed to make him more confused by the second. "Jinnie..I love you. I will always love you. That's why it hurt me so much to be rejected by you. If you feel the same, then I don't want to keep living the way we have been. I want to be closer to you, and not be pushed away. So will you, Chaejin?"

"W-will I, what?" the maknae's big eyes looked up, confused. His eyes grew bigger as Seyong's hand cupped his own face and their lips met. No words needed to be spoken to know that this kiss was real. It wasn't fanservice, it wasn't a joke, he really was loved. 

"Will you be mine?" Seyong whispered with a weak smile.

Chaejin smiled and held onto the red head's neck and pulled him in for another kiss. He had found his missing puzzle piece.

- - -

"I guess the walls of my heart are paper thin."  - AM Kidd

a/n: ACK, I'm a procrastinator. ;u; I hope this satisfies everyone, even though it might not make up for not updating for a month OTL. Thank everyone for reading and posting comments, I love you all for being so encouraging! ♥