Flawless

Paper Thin

Flawless.

When this word comes to mind, people often think of a meadow with a nice breeze. Maybe a waterfall that sprays cool mist when it hits the lowest point.

 

For Seyong, flawless was the fifteen year old boy singing in front of him on the stage. Flawless was the way that Chaejin hit all the notes of his part. Flawless was the way that he danced in sync with Seyong, his slim figure attracting the red head's eyes whenever he got the chance to look. When they were together, no matter if it was in front of fans or just in the dorm, Chaejin was always the center of Seyong's attention.

But life isn't perfect, and Seyong was aware of that. The maknae was unaware of the unnatural love Seyong felt for him, and considered it just a nice, brotherly relationship; a treat for the fans when in public. To Chaejin, it was like this with all the members.

"Hyung, why don't you just tell him how you feel?" prodded JunQ one day, "Who knows, maybe he'll feel the same."

"It doesn't just work like that, JunQ. I can't take the chance of losing him if he doesn't," Seyong sighed, "I'd rather be happy with staying friends than risking it all."

 

But JunQ wasn't the only one Seyong was lying to. He, himself, was doubting his own words as he sat in his room by himself. How much longer would he be able to stand without being able to tell Chaejin how he felt. How many more days can he just hug the maknae onstage and call it 'fanservice'? The questions running through his head made him groan in frustration and hide his face in the pillow. "If only I wasn't such a coward, " he whispered to himself, holding back tears, "If only I could just make him mine, and only mine."

 

"S-seyong hyung..?" a voice called out from the doorway. Seyong looked up and saw the perfection that he'd been thinking about all this time. "Uh, yes, Chaejin?"

"Sorry for bothering you, I just need help with some homework...if you want, I could go ask Insoo hyung and-"

"N-no!" Seyong interrupted, "It's fine, I'll help you."

A small smile lit up the maknae's face as he playfully added, "If you can't get it, I'll have to tell my teacher tomorrow that my hyung's a big dummy~" and with that, he grabbed Seyong's hand and led him to the kitchen table where the textbooks were piled up.

"Aish, Jinnie, SOME homework? You're killing me!" Seyong joked, his sadness fading away, being pushed out by the happy aura that the maknae seemed to possess. As they started the math problems, Chaejin's laugh made Seyong smile. It was the smile that showed up only around the maknae. This moment, with the two of them alone, perfectly happy and at peace, this was the moment that Seyong wanted to capture in his heart forever.

"I know we're only friends and believe me that's perfect,

but me, on the other end, that's only the surface. " - AM Kidd

- - -

a/n: Gah, this feels a bit rushed. ;u; But it's going to be chaptered, so I hope you stay tuned for the next few! I swear, I'm not gonna leave Seyong like this ~~ -forever a SeJin shipper-