Confession

Paper Thin

 

" I no longer wanna keep this bottled in,

I gotta tell you that I see you more than a friend." - AM Kidd

- - -

“Your loving Maknae, Chaejin ^^"

Seyong sat on his bed, gripping the note in his hand, half in pure shock, and half out of excitement. “He’s my loving maknae?” he whispered to himself. Of course, this could mean a lot of things. It could always be a brotherly love. Or he might just put that on all his hyungs’ birthday cards, Seyong’s birthday just had to come first. Doubt started bubbling up again in his stomach, and Seyong put the card down. It was probably nothing to get excited over, he decided. Just in time, the door swung open, and a light brown haired head peeked in. “What’re you still doing in bed? C’mon, we gotta get practicing!” Insoo called before leaving in a rush.

“Hold on, hold on,” Seyong called back as he got up to go to the restroom. As he walked, he kept thinking about Chaejin. How does that boy really feel about him? The maknae was a topic that would provide endless questions and thoughts for the red head, and he found it the first thing he went to when his mind was ever blank, even for a second. When he finally got to the bathroom, he reached for the silver doorknob, when it suddenly pulled back on its own.

The beginning had happened quickly; Seyong even questioned himself how he managed to move fast enough to keep up with it. The person behind the door of the bathroom was no other person but Chaejin, and he was rushing out to get back to practice. But before he could swerve to avoid the older man, Seyong had already grabbed Jinnie and pulled him in for another kiss. Only it wasn’t a simple kiss on the cheek. Chaejin’s soft lips were everything that Seyong had dreamed of, and more. And that was only proven when they were connected to the red head’s own lips.

The kiss was awkward at first, the maknae frozen in place not knowing what to do. But he allowed his superior to take control, and melted into Seyong’s arms. The only things that Seyong could think of right now were how beautiful Chaejin’s face was this close and how their bodies fit together like puzzle pieces. After the moment was savored, Seyong let the maknae go, and still shocked, Jinnie walked away quickly, blushing. “Heh. He really is a cute kid,” Seyong whispered to himself.

“Yah! Seyong! You’re supposed to be practicing right now!” One of the staff members had found him.

“Alright, alright! Aish,” Seyong replied, dashing into the bathroom. Practice went normally, the maknae and the red head not acknowledging the surprise kiss that had occurred just a few hours earlier.

In fact, it wasn’t even spoken of until the MTV show that MYNAME was on had been recording. The group was piled in their van, and Seyong had been talking about the hardworking maknaes, flashing his trademark smile that sent fangirls into a daze. “They’re really loving too!” he added, “Jinnie, gimme a kiss~” Hey, it was worth a try, right? He’d either end up thinking it’s a joke, or actually kiss him. And either way satisfied Seyong at the moment. Silence spread among the van, until Chaejin broke it with a sheepish reply of, "But I already kissed him earlier..in the bathroom-"

"Hey, hey!" Seyong cut him off, but then reconsidered. It wouldn't hurt to tell about it, right? "Well, he was on his way out, so I just grabbed him, and..yeah."

A voice called out, "Did you like it?"

Well, there wasn't any going back now. "It wasn't bad," Seyong smiled. He really wanted to say that it was probably the highlight of his life, having a kiss from that angel, but the atmosphere was awkward as it is. Even that response silenced the van, and not knowing what to do, the red head just playfully hit Chaejin, getting a couple laughs and carrying on the program. 

 

There was heavy rain that night. The water droplets hitting MYNAME's dorm sounded more like rocks, and it kept Seyong up quite late. He chose to stay in the kitchen. If he could choose, he'd be cuddled up with Chaejin under the covers, their heartbeats in sync, with the maknae's head resting against Seyong's chest. But since he couldn't, he figured a place with food would be a second best place.

Seyong was about to doze off after the longest time of staying up, when he was startled by a sudden voice. "Seyong-hyung!" Chaejin yelped, "I-i didn't know you were awake. I was just getting water, I didn't mean to scare you!"

"It's fine, don't worry about it," Seyong reassured. Chaejin resumed his business, grabbing a glass and filling it up with water. A thought suddenly popped up in Seyong's head. "Hey, Jinnie. About the..you know..the kiss. Uh."

Chaejin's eyes opened widely in shock for a split second, and it was replaced with thought. "Yes, hyung? What about it?"

"Well, I was wondering. When I said it wasn't bad..did you like it too?"

The topic that came up once again brought silence to the room. There was no response from the maknae, so Seyong added, "Because if you did too, I-i would like it if I could have another one..a less sudden one." The silence continued, and Chaejin's gaze went down to the ground, avoiding contact with Seyong. Deciding that he would get no answer through voice, he decided to take action. Walking up to Chaejin, his warm hand slowly came up to the maknae's cheek, and he leaned in.

 

His lips met with air, as did his hand. Chaejin backed up farther from him, still avoiding eye contact. "I-i-i can't, hyung."

Seyong's heart dropped to the ground. Straining to find his words again, he asked, "Can I know why then?"

"It's..complicated. I just can't do this. I'm so sorry, Seyong-hyung," Chaejin whispered, eyes watering. And with a quick turn, the maknae dashed to his room, leaving the red head confused in the kitchen. Seyong's world slowly fell apart from those few minutes, as did his heart.

- - -

a/n: Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

And aaaah, I felt bad writing this. ;u; But alas, most stories just aren't interesting if there aren't complications. I do hope you'll stay for the next chapter(s)~