Happy Birthday, Hyung~

Paper Thin

"Every moment that I share with you is timeless,

Tried hard to keep it in and deny it,

But it's not worth fighting." - AM Kidd

- - -

The days dragged on and on. 

 

On some days, Chaejin would give hugs and care to Seyong, brightening him up immensely and making him think that maybe he had a chance to tell the maknae how he felt. On other days, he would only speak to Seyong when needed, and interact with the other members more. His actions brought out the jealousy in the red head like no other. 

 

But then that one day. That one day that Seyong would hold in his mind and heart for centuries to come. It was the his 21st birthday, as well as a fansign for the group. It was a short moment, really; barely lasting a second. The second the maknae's lips left his slowly reddening cheek, Seyong felt his heart speed up to the point where it could just jump out of his chest. And that surely would've been a sight to see for the fangirls, but in order to keep his professional look, he had to will himself to calm down. However, his heartbeat would always accelerate when the memory was brought up again.

Once the fan meeting was over, and the boys had returned to their dorm, they had a hard earned chance to sit and relax for a bit.

"Hey Jinnie, how'd it feel when you kissed Seyong?" Insoo joked.

"Hyuuuung!" Chaejin whined, "It was just a comforting, happy birthday kiss."

"Hm, then did you eat something spicy or something?"

"What? Why?"

"Because your face is getting redder than Seyong's hair!", Insoo chuckled, getting a laugh out of the other members, including Seyong himself. After having easy conversation for an hour or so, Gunwoo finally got up and took on his leader role by saying, "Anyway, we should get some sleep. We're looking at many more hours of practice tomorrow." The members agreed and took their turns to brush their teeth. After saying his goodnights, Seyong went to his room and went over how great the day was. It was his birthday, their fan meeting went off with a success, and most importantly, he got a kiss from his little crush. No, not little. More like a gigantic crush. With that, he fell asleep quickly, with images of him and a happy Jinnie together.

Later that night, when Seyong was fast asleep, the door creaked open slowly. A pair of quiet, careful feet slipped into the room and walked up to the red head's bed. The small figure left the room as quickly as he came in, leaving a kiss on Seyong's forehead and a note at his bedside, a note that he'd read in the morning.

"Happy birthday, Seyong-hyung~ I hope that you're looking forward to another year with us as much as I am! - Your loving Maknae, Chaejin ^^"

- - -

a/n: Hi there, everyone! Hope this is a reasonable update time. :'D It might take a bit longer to update when it's not a weekend, but I'll try~

I'm not sure if the info about meetings, dates, times, etc, are 100% accurate. So if something happens in the future that's supposed to have happened before anything in this chapter, it's my bad OTL.

Hope you enjoy it and keep looking forward to what happens next!