Chapter VII

Finding Dates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Your flirting couldn't have been that bad!" Luhan yelled as he dropped the bag of chips into his mouth.

Baekhyun gagged. He pictured his last meeting with Chanyeol. "Trust me," he replied. "It was."

"Did you do what we talked about?" Luhan asked incoherently, as he was munching on his chips.

Baekhyun nodded. "I did everything you told me to do."

"And?" Luhan prompted.

"And he ran away!" Baekhyun cried, then proceeded to knee Luhan in the crotch. "Remind me to never take dating advice from you again!"

Luhan d his balls and shrieked. "Are you ing kidding me?"

"Nope." Baekhyun shook his head. "See, this proves it. You just give out ty advice."

"Either that or maybe you're just not good at flirting." Luhan rolled his eyes. "Maybe you just need some practice. Why don't you try again? I bet it will work next time."

The last thing I want to do is try flirting again, Baekhyun thought. But he really wanted to go out with Chanyeol. "I'll think about it," he replied.

"THE BASKETBALL COMPETITION?" Baekhyun exclaimed, as he was told of the sudden article he had to write.

Mrs. Choi quickly explained the importance of Daehyun being the youngest player on the team who was able to score the most, and how great it would be to do a piece on him for the paper.

"This is exactly what I would love to see - ideas that are outside the box. Bring back the story. Photos, too," she smiled widely.

Baekhyun nodded dutifully, hardly able to contain his excitement. He was going to see the hot guy again!

"Oh, and, Baekhyun," Mrs. Choi added, "please remember that this is for the sports page. Your last article about the soccer team turned out to be more of a dating survey."

"Yes, Mrs. Choi," Baekhyun said, then got shooed out of her office.

Baekhyun looked around the gym. His purpose was to interview Daehyun, but his eyes couldn't help but wander around looking for Chanyeol, however he was nowhere to be found. He gave up and walked to the bleachers.

"Excuse me," Baekhyun said. But his voice had barely registered above a whisper.

Daehyun didn't hear. His gaze remained glued to the team practicing hard on the gym floors.

Baekhyun cleared his throat and Daehyun glanced over.

"Excuse me," Baekhyun said, much louder this time. "I'm a reporter for the school's magazine. I'd love to interview you for the paper."

Daehyun stood up in his sweaty attire which made Baekhyun almost faint at the spot. "Baekhyun, right?" he grinned.

They shook hands and maintained eye contact. Then, Baekhyun fired off a battery of basic profile questions - where Daehyun had been born, how long he'd been playing basketball, and what his goals for the future were. His answers were snappy and funny. At the end Baekhyun pulled out his digital camera and asked permission to take a picture.

Daehyun winked at him. "Only if you're in the picture, too."

Before Baekhyun had a chance to answer, Daehyun had called Kris over to snap the photo. As Baekhyun took his place beside Daehyun, who draped his arm around him for the shot, Cha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter