The Broken Iceberg

Miracle Planet The Crystal Elements Powers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

              It was already night, and Oh and his other entourage decided to take a break from their journey and make a campfire to warm themselves from the cold of the night in a place not far from the lake. Dan Oh, Siera, Gwi, Ryu and Key sit in a circle around the campfire while enjoying dinner from their hunt. They caught some fresh fish from the lake while Gwi had managed to bring back a stag as a result of his hunt when he turned into a wolf.

            While the other members of the group were busy preparing and enjoying dinner together, Woon the prince of Hwon country was still alone and sitting by the lake. It seemed that the man did not want to rejoin his entourage in a meantime. No one tried to reprimand and invite Woon to come back, it seems that this kind of thing didn't just happened for the first time .

              The prince was happy to be alone for some time and didn't want to be disturbed. All his colleagues already understood about this, they allowed Woon to calm himself down and give the man as much time as he needed to be able to come back and deal with whatever was bothering his mind. Everyone knew what the man had gone through and didn't want to demand too much from him. They try to be understanding, and will only always accept him back with an open arms when the man is ready to come back.

             "Have I done anything wrong?" asked Dan Oh, who was watching the prince's back from a distance. Seeing how glum the man was, this cheerful girl began to feel guilty even though she didn't yet understand what made the prince so sad and offended by her behavior.

             "not really.... No... It's just that, I guess Woon the accident occured today just remind him to the same event that had happened eleven years ago ......" Prince's Siera answered Dan Oh's question calmly. Her expression seemed flat and calm, yet there was a flash of sadness on her beautiful eyes. Dan Oh change her gaze and looking at the other three members. They seemed silent after hearing Siera's words. It seemed that they felt the same sadness that caused the prince to become gloomy today

                  "The same accident?" asked Dan Oh, who didn't understand. Siera sighed before continuing her story.

                "Woon.... He.... His fiancée Pysche who was the adopted daughter of Binju and became our cousin has died as a result of the Cheol attack. At the time we were all fighting. As of today, Pysche had been hit by the cheol spear arrow after fighting to repel their attack and try to protect Woon from an attack that he didn't even realized" the princess began recounting the tragic events that befell her brother eleven years ago. The worst year they've ever had, after losing both of his parents Woon must also witness the death of his beloved fiancée before his own eyes.

              "Fiancé? So he has a fiancée?" asked Dan Oh curiously. Princess Siera just nodded slowly.

                "So that's what made him so cold and stiff, he had lost the fiancée he loved," Dan Oh muttered in her heart.

            The girl then recalled the events of this morning when Woon handed over the bow she now has. The bow previously belonged to Pysche who had died. Now Dan Oh understands the meaning of the facial expression Woon shows when talking about his adopted cousin. The prince was so sad and missed his lover, the original owner of the bow. Dan Oh looked at her new bow with mixed  raging feeling.

            "Woon always blames himself for Pysche's tragic death. For him.... He was the cause of our cousin's death, as were as our two parents... If he hadn't been born in this world, Binju wouldn't have caused all of this damage to seize the kingdom's power. What a ridiculous thoughts he has" Siera flashed a wry smile as she said it.

            "Even if Woon doesn't exist, Binju is still Binju. He will do everything in his power to fulfill his ambition of getting invincible power. If it was me... Obviously I wouldn't think that I was the one who is responsible for Binju's atrocities, but Woon.... "

            " ..... That little boy had a heart that was too soft. It would be easier for him to blame himself than to blame the circumstances befallen him or blame others" Siera laughed sarcastically for her brother's tenderness. Sometimes under these circumstances she wishes that her brother had at least a little tough heart just like her, so that Woon would no longer get hurted. The princess looked at her brother's back from a distance that looked so sad and lonely.

            " He thinks he's the one who caused all the death and destruction on the planet. If he had never been appointed as the heir to the throne then Binju would never have a grudge against our family and caused the deaths of our parents. But it's not his fault, not at all. And Pysche's death.... Woon assumes that if only that time she didn't try to save him, then the girl wouldn't have died." Siera continue the tragic story about her brother.

             Dan Oh feel sorry for the prince's circumstances. How can he make all the mistakes that are not even his faults to burden himself alone? The thought of a beloved someone dying as a result of his or her mistake is a very painful and a suffocating thing. For the past few years, all the burden of regret has been fall on Woon shoulder by himself.

               "he's made it too hard for himself," muttered Dan Oh slowly. Siera nodded softly in response to the earth girl's sentences. That's the thing That's also been on her mind all this time, it's just that she doesn't know how to make her brother could understand about it. Siera is not a warm person, it is not easy for her to be able to comfort her brother to return as his old self and become cheerful again. She didn't know how to say sweet or motivate her own brother properly.

             "Before all of these things happened to him, Woon was someone who glowed. He was a kind, friendly, gentle and loving boy. But now he has turned into a person who is so cold and distant after all of the things that happened to him" muttered the princess feeling the loss of the real figure of her beloved brother. She missed her brother's radiant attitude and was full of smiles like he used to be before. Her memory of the younger brother when he smiled cheerfully was still so clear in the princess' mind. But now she never saw that warm smile which painted on the prince's face anymore.

              "He's never smiled again now," the princess continued

          Dan Oh thought for a moment in silence. Then she got up and took a large piece of perfectly cooked meat and placed it on a clean foliage. She planned to make up with the Prince.

          "He needs to eat, right?" the high schooler girl asked the princess. Siera smiled faintly and nodding.

            Dan Oh walks slowly with a definite step towards where Woon is sitting alone by the lake. Actually the girl still felt a little awkward when recalling the way the man scolded her this morning, but after hearing the story about him from the princess, there was a feeling of sympathy that appeared in her heart. The feeling that made the girl feel unable to ignore and left the man alone in his slump.  The little girl took a seat next to the prince who was sitting on dry grass on the side of the dark lake. She plac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter